“I love this place!”

Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Pasco, Washington
“I love this place!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I'm not a gambler so wasn't there for that reason. I was there for a conference and the Silver Legacy took great care of me. I was there to a receive an honor so wanted a hospitality suite for my guests... the staff took wonderful care and made sure we all were taken care of! I was so appreciative. You can't go wrong here... good staff, good food, great rooms... even the regular rooms .. and a great value.

Room Tip: Any room is great
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff! We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Eureka, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Silver Legacy and hope to visit again. The registration line was a tad long when we arrived but they placated us with small glasses of champagne. Soon we were through the queue and on our way to our room. We stayed 2 nights and had a different room for each night (we booked late). The first night we were in a Deluxe King room – it was nicely appointed and of a standard hotel room size. Everything was spic and span. 2nd night we upgraded ourselves to a Deluxe Spa Suite and it was heavenly. My boyfriend and I are not tiny people and we weren’t sure just how big the Jacuzzi tub would be but we both fit nicely and it was a real treat. Already shopping for a similar tub for home now! All the staff we encountered were pleasant and aimed to please. I simply dropped the birthday hint (we were celebrating my boyfriend’s 50th) and a small bottle of champagne was delivered to the room with glasses and a card from the hotel. Nice touches, we felt spoiled. The Deluxe Spa Suite room was enormous so it added to the luxurious feel. I think we could have fit 8 people in the shower should the need have arose. Parking was simple enough, indoor walkways to Circus Circus & the Eldorado were nice, plenty of dining choices between the three hotels, other downtown casinos were in easy walking distance so overall we were quite pleased we chose the Silver Legacy.

Room Tip: Spa suite tubs are big enough for two big people - maybe not SUMO BIG but big.
1 Thank SteAmyDuo
Redding, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013

So much so I am not sure where to start . I reserved a non smoking room, but was told that there were none available. How is this possible when that is what I reserved? I was told that it's no guarantee when you reserve online. What? Since when? We were told the room wouldn't smell and they would send us up with an air purifier. Ha, what a joke. The room smelled so bad it made your stomach upset. There were no blankets on the bed, and when I called to ask for one I was told they were out! So we had to sleeup using our jackets as blankets. The room was very outdated and the phone in the room was nasty and old. To top off the worst night sleep ever, we woke up early so we could get out of there to find no hot water! Horrible experience, will never stay here again. And dissapointed in Priceline for no guarantee of a non smoking room. I will avoid priceline from now on!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank ScottAlexander74
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We pride ourselves on clean and comfortable rooms and your comments have been sent to the appropriate departments who greatly value your feedback. Although requests from third parties are not guaranteed like they are when booking direct, we try to the best of our ability to fulfill all of our guests’ requests and apologize that we could not provide you with the room type you wanted.

Once again, please accept our sincere apology and we hope that one day we may have the privilege of welcoming you back to the Silver Legacy.
Rancho Cordova, California, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Our first stay here was fine then the second one horrific. Horrible experience at the front desk and it got worse from there. I sent them an email and they were of course apologetic. They sent me a letter offering us a special suite for one night. I intended to use it but I still had such a bad taste in my mouth. Fast forward two years. We decide to take a weekend trip for my birthday. Our bad stay had been for my husbands birthday so I was a little leary but I thought overall we like the hotel and the casino. Its a good location, parking is great, easy in and out etc. So lets try it again. NOT a good choice.

It started out great, we called and as we have a rewards card there and of course they track our spending we are able to get complementary rooms. They are the basic rooms but just fine for the two of us. So we got the free room no problem. Day of arrival front desk staff person was VERY professional, very friendly and upon hearing it was my birthday offered to send Champaign to our room. Sure we said great!

We get to our room and not five minutes later here is our Champaign. Very courteous delivery and thus far all is great. The room could have been cleaner but nothing to get in a twist over. One thing I thought was odd was that our bed was only half made. One side was all nice and tucked in, the other not. Well I thought the maid must have lost track of what she was doing and forgot it. No big deal.

After driving there we were hungry so we head to the café. Always has been a decent place to eat. The waiter this first meal was VERY unprofessional and Im pretty sure wanted to be anyplace else but the café at the Silver Legacy waiting tables. But I joked with him and he seemed to lighten up. Still probably one of the worst waiters/waitresses I've ever had but hey we were in no hurry so who cares. The food was good so we were happy. Fast forward to the second day. Breakfast again at the café and again a very poor waitress. Well this can get old really quick but again I try and make the best of it. Then as we are waiting for our food another staff person comes and picks up the salt, pepper and sugars tray from the table. I thought ok she must be going to fill them and bring them back. But no she got them and was gone. Our food comes and we had to ask for salt and pepper. The waitress said what? Some one took them? While you were here eating? Im going to talk to my manager. Again, good food so no big deal and by now we have comp so we are not paying extra for our meals. Lunch that day we again had not the best waiter and this time dirty silverware. That really turns me off because I wonder what else didn't get washed well. I mean dirty as in grains or rice between the fork tines. We go back to our room after our late lunch and our room has not been made up. Seems odd since it was about 3pm. But I thought well they must be running behind. Later that night as we get back in our room for the evening (about 9pm) our room is has STILL not been made up. I call housekeeping from our room phone. I said our room was never made up today. No response. I said well at the very least we will need more towels. How many? That's all he said, how many? Well needless to say Im not happy at this point. They did however arrive within just a few minutes with the towels. I did not notice we were almost out of toilet paper so we had to use the box of tissues. Very sloppy customer service.

Next morning, breakfast before we leave. Again at the café. This time I was surprised to have a decent waiter. Good start. Just about 2 minuets after our food came, I had maybe two bites of my omelet a staff person comes over with a bowl of creamers. We said oh no thanks we don't need them. Still he reaches over my plate and sets the bowl down. His clothing actually coming in contact with my food! I mean come on, how unprofessional can you get? I told my husband Im sorry to leave you hear but that just made me sick. I have to go back to the room. So I left. When he got back to the room he told me that he informed the person at the register of what happened. He said my wife walked away from her meal because of your staff touching her food while placing creamers on the table. Not much of a response so he said Im not paying for her meal. Again pretty much a blank stare according to him. With that he said as a matter of fact Im not paying for mine either and he left.

I think we gave them all the chances in the world to get this right and they failed over and over again.

I think this time we are done. Maybe we will check out Harrahs next time. Oh did I mention we are gamblers? We spend a decent amount of money in the casino and really don't expect the world but this was just unacceptable.

Oh one last thing, the mattresses are very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: We have had a spa room before, that was nice.
1 Thank Joanne S
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our front desk staff, location and of course the complementary champagne for your birthday. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations regarding the service at Café Central. We pride ourselves on treating every guest with the utmost respect. Please know that your feedback will be used to address this issue.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we truly hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Chico, California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I have been there twice this year The first time was on our aniversery. We had such a good time. It was back in May. We were there again this month and had a good time again. Everyone made our stay with you wonderful. You have great people working for you, all so pleasant. Our room was clean and nice. We were having so much fun we didn't spend that much time in it, but the time we did we found it quite comfortable. We enjoyed eating at the pearl and the buffet on this last stay. Good food, both places. Again, great help both places.

Room Tip: When requesting a certain type of room, like handicap......make sure you request the proper one. If...
Reviewed 19 November 2013

As soon as I got to the hotel I was greeted by employes they were all friendly even security was friendly had conversations about sports overall Great hotel great customer service housekeeping is very friendly great people enjoyed my stay. I would defenetly recommend this hotel to family and friends :)

• Stayed August 2013
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
We appreciate the review on your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff throughout your stay. We look forward to having you back again soon!
bayarea
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice in the last year. It's impeccable! Clean, nice staff, easy to navigate around hotel--just perfect!! Buffet is good as far as buffets go. Prime Rib was excellent, salads fresh, wait staff attentive. Will never stay anywhere else. Love it!!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for leaving the great feedback on your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and also your meal at Flavors Buffet. We look forward to having you back again soon!