“Surprise surprise!”

Silver Legacy Resort Casino
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Nice hotel. Stayed there July 3 and 4th. During our second night there my husband and I were awakened from a sound sleep by someone entering our room. We heard a woman's voice call out someone's name. My husband responded with something similar to "get the f--k out"......
The door shut quickly. We got up and secured the door luck with the security bar/latch. We informed the security person downstairs by the elevator as we were leaving the hotel later that same morning. .He told us that the only way this could have happened was if we had misplaced or lost our key card. Neither of us had been without our key card. It is our belief that someone from housekeeping came into the room looking for a co-worker. This was in room 3003 just before 3:00 a.m. If you stay at this hotel, always use security locks on the doors when you are in them.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sujanuary

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We came for a few days over the 4th. The "rocky" part was the check in. The front desk person named Louisa, was cold and it was almost as if she wanted to pick a fight. This is not someone who should be working the front desk, especially since this is your first impression of how your stay might go. She warmed a little bit throughout the process, but I was skeptical. Our room was in the middle tower on the 24th floor. You have to show your room key card to get to the elevators to a security guard. We had a great view of the mountains. We went down to the casino and played a bit. Hubby and friend played cards...I tried the slots. Not much action at all. I also took several photos of kids in the casino. This hotel is linked to both the Circus Circus and the El Dorado. Nevertheless, there shouldn't be kids in the casino. We had the buffet and it was very fresh. You get a coupon when you check in and the buffet was $10.95...a great value. I had a massage in the spa. My therapist, Melissa was great! Strong hands and very professional. The spa had a sauna, steam room and hot tub/spa. The spa could use a deep clean, but the steam room was excellent! We rented a Cabana by the pool for half a day. It was $50.00 and well worth it because there are no umbrellas anywhere else in the pool area. The pool at its deepest is point is 3 1/2 feet. Lots of kids, so bring your earplugs. We ventured out to the Wingfest, sponsored by the Legacy. It was a blast. Wings, ribs, barbeque, slaw, from many vendors. They had a band called Jackson Michelson from Portland Oregon. They were very entertaining and it was very festive, with people enjoying the 4th of July! Stay on the upper floors, away from elevators and ice machines. Walls are thin. We have an app on our iPad that is a sound machine and it helps block out the noise quite well! They have internet that I believe is free if you have a players card, but ask when you check in. The gift shop has a great selection of clothing and fun accessories. All in all it was a great value. My friend said the dealers were a bit disinterested until he started to tip. Remember, Reno is at a high elevation in the mountain desert. Bring bottled water and stay hydrated. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We asked for more pillows. The television has a check out feature where you can review your bill and check out, which is well worth it, as the line to check out can take up to an hour. Also, if you are in a room that faces west, close your curtains to keep it cool while you are out. No mini bar, safe, or fridge, but there is a coffe maker. Hope this helps!

Room Tip: Higher floor. Room 2431 has a great view of mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Christine V
Reviewed 5 July 2014

To be honest, the hotel facilities are not bad at all... however:
Whats really let me down though is the Front Desk's attitude and the fact they kept running my card which caused the credit card to place a hold on all transactions. When they were asked why they said it was the 'systems' problem and not theirs - MasterCard were not impressed and have escalated this.
Due to all this, I had to make a few calls, and the cost? Whoa..... $24 for 4 minutes.... hmmm! Felt like I had been robbed!

Also, Front Desk check-in seem to have also placed more authorizations that required on my card... still waiting for the money to 'come back'... The clerk

Also, something strange with their WiFi on the morning of checkout, wouldnt let me do Complimentary access, and I was in the middle of booking a flight so had to choose the paid option (only $5 dollars)... when reported this to Reception, the 'manager' was to downright rude about this and told me that it was my problem!

Room service attendant was very friendly and food was very good.

Tips, parking is free next door, however make sure you find the entrance, its round the other side... and ask for a room on a higher floor as possible....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 123NeilyB
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here for beer-fest and reserved through booking.com a non-smoking king room. When we checked in they verified that and when we got to our room, back down we went because it was a double smoking. I asked and they said it is only a request, not a guarantee. Well I told them I neede a non-smoking and they gave us one, still a double, but at that point I didn't care.

Room Tip: Good luck getting non-smoking when they are over booking left and right during big weekends.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was given a room that I booked through Orbitz. SL told me that room was a request not a guarantee and blamed Orbitz. According to SL their criteria for booking is that the people who book by phone get first preference for their room choice. Ended up with room 1844 that was suppose to be NON-SMOKING yet we could smell smoke every night of our stay. I saw someone coming out of their room with a unlit cigarette in their mouth yet it was non-smoking for the entire floor??? Complained 2X and the last night SL offered to move me after incurring second hand smoke for 4 days previously. Will never stay there again. Been to Harrah's 3X and will go back to Harrah's. Gayla M

Room Tip: Go to Harrah's. The pillows are better and non-smoking means non-smoking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Silver Legacy has the perfect location in Reno. It is downtown and connected to the Circus Circus and the El Dorado by interior walkways so you don't have to go outside to get from one to the other. They have an excellent free parking garage that is secure and easy to use. The hotel has lots of options for restaurants and some shops for room supplies and clothing. The room we had was wonderful and the heating and air conditioning unit was great. The beds were very comfortable and the view of the Reno/Sparks area was wonderful. The front desk and the bell desk were helpful and friendly. We will return.

Room Tip: Eastern view toward Sparks and Airport are best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hotel is not good the rooms need to be updated, the toilets need to be higher, and i should have not had to go to a made 6 times to ask for towels, and to have are room serviced, the casino is awesome the hotel needs help, and they need new coffee makers, i heard this hotel used to be nice back in the day, now it is just sad that the staff and the gm let it go!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms need to be updated
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family