Start with the good........prices,location,and the rooms. When you first arrive, you think, oh boy should of spent the extra money and gone to El Dorado or Silver Legacy which is less than 2 blocks away. Casino area is very old looking, smelling, and just outdated. But after a smooth check-in, you drop your bags at your room, things look up a bit. Nice bed, nice clean room, and very spacious. Bathroom are basic, but if you come to Reno to hang in your rooms, definitely stay somewhere else, and pay more. Since we were with a group of 300+ and this was the pick, it was fine. Went to the sports bar, and although it is very small, the bartenders were super friendly and the drinks generous. I always favor friendly service over big budget atmosphere with unfriendly service. We were here 2 days and never had unfriendly service. Location is downtown and when we needed a change of pace, walked up to El Dorado and enjoyed the facilities there.
The bad was the outdated casino area, and the pool. The pool (located in the middle of the parking lot) needs new surfacing! The bar at the pool (again with great service) was nice, the temp of the pool perfect, it is just old. Summers in Reno require more shade structures, and with those two things, re-surfacing of 'the deck area' and shade umbrellas, it would make a world of difference.
I also am NOT a fan of allowing dogs (unless they are service dogs) in hotels. This hotel does, and that's just me. Omit "Green Tower" if you are not a dog person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terrible's Sands Regency offers over 800 guestrooms, including the largest standard guestrooms in downtown Reno, and 700 non-smoking rooms. All hotel guests receive valuable food, beverage, and gaming offers and much more. On-site amenities include salon, wedding chapel, flower shop and ski/bike rental shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Sands Regency Casino Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sands Regency Hotel Reno
- Regency Hotel Reno
- Regency Hotel Sands
- The Sands Regency Casino Hotel Reno, Nevada