“Overlooked gem!”

Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We used to stay downtown, but have since changed our preference to Boomtown. Although it is a few miles outside of Reno, it is much more affordable and quiet than a room downtown. Request a renovated room for a nice, clean, comfy stay. Extra bonus, no minimum stay on weekends, so if you want a spontaneous trip for the night, they are willing to accommodate you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Brooke M, Manager at Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Amy
Thank you for your recent review of Boomtown. I'm glad to hear that your experience with us has met your expectations and you continue coming back. We are always striving to make sure our guests get the best possible service. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helps us improve. Come back and visit us soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Boomtown is a great place to eat, gamble and see concerts. It is a also a great place to hold kids birthday parties in their Fun center at a great value. I have attended several weddings there as well and they always turn out beautifully. My family always has a good time at Boomtown.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Kristen
Thank you for your review of our Boomtown. I was happy to hear that you and your family have had wonderful experiences with us. We are continuing to improve the hotel and the casino to make sure we meet everyones expectations. We appreciate your feedback on how we're doing. Come visit us again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We apparently reserved the last room available on Sunday night of Labor Day weekend, and were charged $200.00 for the night. (gouged.) Upon arrival in the room, there were no bath towels or floor mat, the shower stopper was broken and laying in the tub, the sink handle was broken. Three light bulbs in the room were burnt out, and the fridge was sitting on the floor. Everything was grungy. We called immediately to order up towels and Housekeeping did not answer. Called the main line, and stated our request. After an hour, called again, and was advised that they (main line again) were really busy..... No offer of time estimate, no break on the room rate for the inconvenience.
In the morning, went to Peet's (inside the casino) for a coffee, and the cashier was in training (in the morning on a holiday weekend). He didn't know the register codes, wrote each order on a notebook page, tore it out and laid it on a counter. There were 2 women mucking around and not at all attentive to the growing line behind me (there were 5 in front of me and by the time I got to the counter, approximately 20-25 behind me). They couldn't read his writing on the order paper, and had trouble filling the orders in front of me. I ordered a 3x espresso in the hope of simplifying and speeding up my coffee. This was definitely NOT a typical Peet's operation, and Peet's should be ashamed to have their name associated with this circus. The wall AC unit was very, very loud.

Room Tip: Parking a large vehicle required a very long walk to the complete other side of the complex (North T...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mtnmama12753

Thank you for your recent review of Boomtown. I was sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and that you had a poor stay with us. We recently aquired new owners that are doing their best to turn Boomtown around. An extensive remodel is planned for the hotel and casino so we can better fit our guests needs. We will look into the issues you discussed not only about the room but the staff as well. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to give us a call. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope you reconsider and come visit us again. Thank you!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We all enjoy Boomtown, We are locals and Boomtown has become our favorite place to spend time We recommend the Hotel and Casino to everyone...family and friends, locals and out-of-towners alike. The main draw for us is the super staff and their fabulous service they provide. We especially enjoy Hope Ramirez and Casey Magnuson at the cashier center. Their consistent polite professional demeanor and friendly attitude is something we can count on each and every visit. Karen and Lana at the Players Club are so patient, helpful and courteous with everyone regardless of how many customers are waiting to be served. They are great! We really enjoy the slot tournaments and the drawings. Everyone gets a big kick out of these events and we hope they continue. Sam, Mike and Mike Milano are an especially important ingredient at these events. They all are very personable, professional and polite to everyone. Those big smiles and warm welcoming handshakes tell us they are having fun too, and they enjoy what they do. We have stayed several times at the hotel and have always enjoyed our stay. The rooms are very nice... clean, comfortable and quiet. We recommend this Hotel/Casino. The Holidays are coming...we can't wait!

Room Tip: We have only been in the North Tower and we really like it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Mary
Thank you for your recent review of Boomtown. We love to hear from our locals and get feedback on how we're doing. I'm glad to hear that your visits with us have been so enjoyable and we hope you keep coming back. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just a few comments from the employees at Boomtown...

Security Guard in a Jeep Truck Yelling at me "Hey...You need to park your over-sized vehicle at the end of the property..." This was after he pulled me over with flashing lights I guess pretending he was a real cop.... I then explained to him that my van was shorter than a lot of cars.... He then said rudely..."if you park anywhere other than the designated area you will be towed..." OK... I get it... my van must of been considered a 32' motorhome.

Welcome to boomtown.

Check in guy- "sorry, I am only helping people players club members in this line.... You need to go to the other line to check in.... I guess the fact he was standing under a sign that said registration I should have naturally understood this was a line was for gamblers. stupid me.

Welcome to Boomtown....

Now, about the hotel... Inside room...Non smoking room had tar from the cigarettes on the wall. Thin mattress, flat pillows... and did I tell you about the cigarette smell? Bathroom needed new grout, no coffee for the coffee maker (though they did have decaf tea). Outside room...Wall paper in the halls was coming up. Carpet had holes that was remedied with long strips of duck tape (it was coming up also. Elevators were filthy.

My rooms window opened to some kind of interior auditorium. So, people were right outside my room talking. Very strange. Drunks in the hall, drunks outside my window which faced inside the building. I am on the second floor but have people outside my window... omg

Oh... btw, they charge your card a $50 fee without telling you... I guess in case you damage the room... who knows...

Welcome to boomtown.

I have traveled all over the world, stayed in every God forsaken place (including a hostel in Amsterdam). Boomtown is the worst place I have ever stayed... The best part of the trip was leaving.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank NealSil

Neal
I was sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience here at our hotel. Boomtown has recently aquired new owners that are planning an extensive remodel throughout the hotel. We will look into the issues that you have mentioned about the carpet, wallpaper etc..And we will look into the staff issues you had as well. If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to give us a call. We hope you reconsider and visit us again. Thank you!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I had the best service with the staff at Boomtown. While planning my wedding which took place at Boomtown, the staff was so helpful through this whole process. I highly recommend having events at Boomtown. I know that my guest at the wedding truly enjoyed their stay. The rooms we all stayed in were very nice, clean and the price was good. All in all I had wonderful service at Boomtown!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review of Boomtown. I hope you had a wonderful wedding and wish you guys the best. We hope the newly married couple come back to visit us again soon, maybe for your anniversaries?? :) We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you!

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed live entertainment at the guitar bar. Next morning grabbed a coffe and delicious muffin from Peet's coffe the girl at the counter was EXCELLANT! Would totally replay everything there again and again. Absolutely satisfied!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your recent review of Boomtown. I was glad to hear you had such an excellent stayed and enjoyed some Peets Coffee. Come back and visit us soon. Thank you!