“couldn't beat the price and food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel

BEST WESTERN Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Reno
CARSON CITY, USA
“couldn't beat the price and food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is the first time I have stayed in the South Tower and found it in need of upgrade though for the $10 deal I would never complain. I enjoyed the break from being home.

The food and service were very good with the waiter taking care to check on us frequently without over doing. Very pleasant waiter.

Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
SPARKS, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Service was excellent and the room was nice. Would have liked a microwave in the room.
My only complaint was the wait time to get a table at the bistro 2000. Lots of empty tables but still had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. wait staff was excetional and the food was great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

RENO, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Let me say I have been a Hotel customer of Boomtowns for about 10 years, and every stay I have had was good until the last time on 11/20/2013 will probably be my last.

My arrival and check-in was great, I played a few slots and went to bed, the beds in the north towers are great, and so was the little sleep I got,

The problem started at 5:00 a.m. when a couple of young guest(believers of modern chemicals to stay awake) set off the fire system, so I evacuated the building to the ground level at the onset of a snow storm, waited for the fire dept. to give the all clear, I returned to a flooded room then proceeded to the hotel desk and they politely issued me another room so I went back up to the 6 th. floor to my new room.

So now is the real good part I set my alarm for 9:30 a.m. But I did not need it because the Boomtown Hotel STAFF set the fire alarm system off again at 9:00 a.m.so I grabbed my belonging and proceeded to leave, While leaving my room I had a hotel security officer yell at me and said that it was a false alarm and to get back in my room, I told him I was leaving anyways, While walking down the hall I had passed my old room and reached the room where the young guest previously set off the fire system I was rudely ran into by one of several Hotel staff who were blocking the hallway , One of the staff members said I just barely touched it and it went off.

Now upon check out not a single, were sorry for the inconvenience nothing, I explained to the front desk clerk I could understand the first mishap with the fire system but the second mishap with their staff creating the problem was unacceptable, the desk clerk just looked at me and replied things just happen that are out of our control. I was never offered a refund, a reduced rate and so far Boomtown has made no effort to personally contact me other than this survey shame on them....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Evan G, Hotel Assistant Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Hello Jesse,

I apologize for the disruption of your stay regarding the evacuation that occurred. As you know, we had a guest tamper with our fire suppression equipment. We were able to get a handle on it, however, our system reacted to the water flow, causing the alarm to sound a second time. I apologize for the inconvenience, and would like to speak with you to make this right. I have sent you an email this morning, offering my contact information. However, you can contact me at 775-345-8604 as well, and we can speak over the phone.

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels

ALTURAS, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed in a south tower room and thought the price was good but the overall cleanliness of the room was poor. In particular the bathroom cleanliness was less than we expected with grime on door jambs and dirty smudges on counter area.. We are not picky travelers and generally make the best of any situation and would stay here again but would likely try a north tower room. Casino was clean and pleasant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

PORTOLA, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The rooms need a little fixing up, but were very clean. The staff was more thsn helpful. Whin I stopped some one to ask a quistion, they did more than what was needed to help me. The weather was cold and storming and Boom Town was a great port in the storm. If you don't get to cridical about the little things you will enjoy this place.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

FOLSOM, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

took my wife to see Sammy Kershaw. The lady who checked us in at front counter had no people skills was very rude and put us in a room that was covered in filth. I wont mention what we found in the room. Went down to talk to the manager and showed him pictures of what we found, he put us in a very nice room no questions asked. And of course the lady who checked us in had to come ask some questions about our problem,I am sure who had the problem. At any rate the manager was a pleasure to work with we enjoyed a great show, food and drinks. We met some nice people from the area and of course played some machines which we enjoyed very much. would like to go back and probably will but I will not give the rude lady the time of day, if she still works there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

i have been gambling and came to the bar and was still gambling when the bar tender said to me i had to gamble at the bar to have free beer which i said was fine as this was my first time here and didnt know the rules, so i put a five dollar bill in the video poker machine on the bar and the bar tender told me and i quote" ok but im not going to kiss your +++,im not sure where this comment came from but it WAS directed at me for some reason after i stuck a hundred in the same machine an hour before!!! i talked with a manager who didnt seem to take it very serious!! all i can say is i have never stopped at boomtown exit 4 in reno,nv before and will never stop again unless i get an apology from boomtown!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business