“It was ok”

Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Reno
TWENTYNINE PALM, USA
“It was ok”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My family was in town for a wedding. Everyone agrees we won't stay again. You just can't get away from the smoke in this hotel. We requested a crib 3 times, and finally received one. Our thermostat in our room was not working. I called the front desk for assistance. All I got was a reply "you want the air on? It will be cold'. No attempt to fix it. Our room was hot the entire stay. We couldn't move to another room as the hotel was booked. Unhappy that no one made an attempt to make our room temperature a little more comfortable. I would suggest a different reply from the lady at the front desk when requesting our thermostat to work properly. Her opinion is her opinion. If we are hot in our room, we are hot and would like the room to be a little more fresher than a hot room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
CHICO, USA
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Boomtown has been my favorite place to stay in Reno. My husband and I always love to come to Reno and stay at Boomtown. The employees are very hospitable which makes our stay very relaxing and enjoyable. I agree with other people, the excellent promos allow us to return more often to Boomtown. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

SOULSBYVILLE, USA
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The last stay our room wasn't cleaned when we left for the day.Had to call for towles and coffee. Not as nice as our first stay. We will probably stay again. Food was good and it was nice surroundings.Love the gift shop and the service is great. The older he part of the hotel needs to be remodeled, but otherwise, love the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

MODESTO, USA
Reviewed 8 January 2014

During many visits to Reno, Boomtown has been my favorite place to stay for more than 5 years. Everything from service, entertainment, food, drink, and hospitality staff makes each stay seem to be better than the last. Their concert lineup is first class...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

OROVILLE, USA
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were put in the south tower, in a "suite" because I had booked a non smoking room and when we got there, one was not available. No one at the front desk told us North VS South tower. We had to go back and ask, toting all our luggage.The air conditioner circulated smoke into our room all night long. We tried turning if off and opening the windows. Our windows had a lovely view of the garbage shoots. So, we closed windows due to the smell. The bar sink did not work. The carpets in the hall were horrible. The shower trickled water. I have hair down to my waist, so that was highly annoying. The TV was not connected. I stopped dropping money into the casino when I could not even get a water out of the servers walking around. Several people at the slot machines were expressing frustration from lack of drink service. I could go on, but what's the point? I will never stay in the south tower again and may possibly never give Boom Town my business again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Sacramento
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We love staying at Boomtown. Never have to deal with the hustle and bustle of downtown Reno. Boomtown has given us very good promos which allow us to return more often. The bathrooms need better lighting...applying make-up is difficult even with their lighted mirror. Love the North Tower!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

PETALUMA, USA
Reviewed 8 January 2014

2 rooms 1 bed staying with my 47 year old son. It was ok sleeping with him as we are close but 2 beds would have been better.
Left my own special feather pillow, called the next morning to have it sent to my home and it was not to be found! The carpet was torn but we over looked it. It was a business trip and we were looking for cheap and we got it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business