“POOR/AVERAGE”

Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Auburn
“POOR/AVERAGE”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The front desk clerk was unfriendly, unhelpful, unprofessional and complained about her co-workers. I asked if anyone had hit any jackpots recently and she said no. Later that evening I was informed that just days before my arrival someone had hit the progressive on Wheel of Fortune for over $600,000.00!! WOW, that was exciting to hear but why doesn't your employees know this? The room that I had was nearly the last room from the elevator. The décor was out of style, carpets & drapes were stained up, the bathroom was unsanitary, no room service was available & there was no phone books in the room. The ice machine was out of order on 3 floors. I had received a Free Boomtown T-Shirt coupon in the mail but when I went to customer service to pick it up no one knew anything about the T-Shirts, not even the manager! I asked what restaurants were open for dinner I was told the only place to get food was the deli as everything else had closed yet as I was walking towards the deli I noticed that the restaurant close to the gift shop was still serving dinner, I walked in & asked if they were still opened & a friendly man smiled & said yes until 12:00a.m. I find it very strange that everyone that works their seems to know absolutely nothing about your facility!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
San Jose
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I walked in with bunch of bags and customer service team came up front and offered assistance to help without even asking.

I wish there is little upgrade to room with fresh painting in bathrooms and little more attention to towels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Buhl
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The rooms at Boomtown are clean and have nice views. We think the beds and pillows are very comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. We've eaten at the Bistro several times and enjoyed the food and the service. The only complaint we might have is the same as another guest had, needing a room closer to the elevators as both my spouse and I have bad backs.

Fontana
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My family and I have stayed in boomtown before and realy enjoyed our stay but this time we were realy disappointed. The casino and the employes there were very nice and helpfull but the room that we stayed in was very bad and out dated and smelled like smoke. I'm not sure I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Sacramento
Reviewed 7 March 2014

why are there never rooms that are closer to the elevator, I have foot problems and cant walk that far without them swelling up, everytime I ask the hotel clerk for a room closer, they tell me the same thing. no rooms available. I have been going to Boomtown for over Ten Years, Can't believe I can't get a closer room.

Truckee, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014

It's starts with a Great location just off Hi 80 in Verdi, Nv. Valet Parking is sure a plus on a Cold night (free, I might add!). We sat down & had a great Dinner on the property, followed by a little Gambling, Lots to chose from there! We spent the night in a Nice room facing a parking lot on the first floor, quiet enough, but be sure and put your "Do Not Disturb" sign out if you don't want the help knocking on your door, at 8am, to tell you "Checkout time is 11am"! We didn't but now we know! Heater/Cooler is a bit antiquated in room, but does the job(Bring Earplugs!). Was a nice stay overall!

Room Tip: I'd ask for the north Tower(Above bottom floors...) if possible. NO parking lots or early mornin...
Laytonville
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We take a vacation once a year and stay in Boomtown and we love the hotel. The rooms were nice and everyone is pleasant and helpful! We will continue to return! We like the choices of food and machines!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family