“Birthday experience”

Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The room was nice looked clean but found gray hairs on the blanket in between the sheets. I had a smoking room but no ash trays and no towels. I tried checking in at 4:25pm but they said my room wasn't ready even though check in time is at 4:00pm and all they had to do was change my room to a different room so I could check in. I was so annoyed I came up to Boomtown to celebrate my birthday and there customer service at the hotel part SUCKED. Also I got ID several times on my birthday and not one person realized it was my birthday makes you wonder what they were looking at when thay ask to see your ID.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Patty E, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for reaching out to us at Boomtown Casino Hotel. We always appreciate and value what our guests have to say. We pride ourselves on our guest service and are always looking for ways to improve.

We apologize that your stay with us was not what you expected. When you get a moment, please call me at 775-345-8726. I would like to get some more details that will help me direct your information to the appropriate departments.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. I personally look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Made the reservation for 5 people. Arrived to find 2 towels, called and asked for more...NEVER SHOWED UP! 2 days in a row, 2 towels only. On our last morning, we were woke up by house keeping @8 a.m. barging into our room. The FAMOUS LOBSTER BUFFET should be shut down. The lobster was horrible as was the rest of the food. At $34 a person, I expected a lot more, instead I would much rather take my kids to Home Town Buffet for better food at a much lower price. They do have a nice kids center with arcade though.

Dear Aaron,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The casino it's self was great. Clean and spacious with good machines. The beds were very comfortable and the room clean. We had to cut our stay to one night because smoke smell was still strong in our non-smoking room. I can take the casino but not the room I stay in over night. The staff was great. If the smoke doesn't bother you this would be a good place to go.

Dear Boomtown Guest,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The room was nice and clean, the internet was slow and kept kicking us off. The ad on the TV told us we had to pay for internet but it was free. A bit confusing. The BBQ buffet was the worst food I ate.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Patty E, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Lawrence,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Boomtown Casino Hotel. We always appreciate and value what our guests have to say. We pride ourselves on our guest service and are always looking for way to improve. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We travel a lot thru Reno, this was our first time at Boomtown. We were disappointed you had to walk to the pool @ the RV park??? We did not like the poor service at the coffee bar, no greeting, no food in case and very slow.

Dear Kathleen,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

As a business owner I sometimes need to get away from the stress even if it's just a day or two. Boomtown affords my wife and I to do that.Just a short scenic 3.5 hour drive highway 20 to 80. The staff is very friendly and eager to please. And the perks are great!! Thank you Boomtown

Dear Boomtown Guest,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I all ways enjoy going to Boomtown. We all ways have a good time. The staff is 95% happy and are very welling to take care of you. The buffet is real good with all kinds of food to eat. You will walk away, or roll away, but you willbe happy and full.The place is cleaned and taken care of. We love the drawings, just wish it was our name they called out. And I really wish the machines were more giving instead of taking. But can't win them all. But its sure fun trying. :)

Dear Corrine,