“In the middle of everything in Reno.”
Review of Harrah's Reno

Harrah's Reno
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
“In the middle of everything in Reno.”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed in march 2012. Nice place, clean, good value for the money. I have traveled to all the big casino destinations. I put this with a Laughlin NV. Old and out dated. Very small casinos, and very smokey ( when there are people there ). Now back to Harrahs Reno. I had a real good time, everyone in my group lost (gambling was very tight) but we made the best of it. The food at Harrahs really stinks. Very pricey and the buffet doesn't even open for breakfast. :( if you walk next door to Cal-Neva. They have the 5.99 prime rib and steak and eggs 24/7. Best deal around period. I found Harrahs service to be perfect. All you need to do is ask. Harrahs is close to everything , a little store next door to get items you forgot, baseball stadium, bowling center, and even a movie theatre, and a few other casinos to try your luck at. The area outside hotel is a little scary. Walk in a group ( its alot like walking 2-3 blocks off Fremont st in las Vegas ) a lot of panhandling and closed businesses. If you choose to go to Reno stay at Harrahs. You won't be disappointed for the money. Remember, all you need to do is ask at a casino, they can only say no... But will they ??

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,111)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Took Amtrak - California Zephyr - from Emeryville, CA to Reno, NV. Beautiful, relaxing trip through the Sierra. Walked to Harrahs from the Amtrak station - couple minutes. Stayed in a beautifully redecorated room. Went gaming at Harrahs, El Dorado and Silver Legacy. Had dinner at Harrahs steak house. Thoroughly enjoyed the get-a-way at affordable prices.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Don S
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed here twice on our road trip through Reno and could not be happier. We had a room in the west tower and the east tower. Both rooms were very good and were happy with both. We ate at the buffet and it was good. The Casino had a good choice of gaming options and had a good relaxed atmosphere. The staff was excellent and very helpful. Harrah's will be our choice in Reno when we go back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank all_vegas
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was my first trip to Reno. Had a west tower room on the 22nd floor. Fair size room with a slightly bigger bathroom. Shower worked great and plenty of hot water, good drainage and good pressure. Important to me. Bed was king size and comfortable, also a big factor. Had a good view of downtown and the Reno Arch. The river walk is only 3 blocks away. Had lunch at the buffet for under $10 tax included. Good made to order chicken rice noodle soup, crepes,omlets as well as the standards. 2 for 1 coupon in the room. Staff were all friendly and accommodating. Check in and out were both very quick. Free shuttle to and from the airport. There is a store right across the street to buy most goodies. Only negative is the construction on Virginia St. but should only be for a couple of months. Not noisey just sidewalk and road detours. My room was comp. Thank you Harrah's

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Gary F
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 22 March 2012

From the valet, to check in, to the bell hop, and to check out.... great place to enjoy the the casino and eats places. We stayed in a 2 bedroom non smoking in the east tower. The rest of the gang, of 12, stayed in the west tower. Food was good, but pricey. So we ended up eating outside the hotel at the Cal Neva and a great Pho place across the street. Beds were good, but you have to pay for your coffee, at a $1.50 a 4oz. cup. Price was OK and we'll maybe stay there next time.

Room Tip: Go on line to book the room. If not happy, call and say...Is this the best price?
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank David L
Milpitas, California
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My wife & I love to get away for a weekend of gaming 5-6 times a year. I have found Harrahs Reno to be the best if you do not want to have to deal with all of the hustle of Las Vegas. The employees make you feel like you are part of the family and they have a very good salection of games. The rooms are all updated and kept very clean witch is very important to my wife and I. Our host Mike is the best 1 phone call and we are set for the weekend Kids off to snowboard and my wife and I off to gamble, and then in the evening we are all back togeather for a nice dinner at the Steak House "TOP 5 ON THE WEST COAST." Great little diamond in the rough.

Room Tip: Stay in the West Tower all remodeled and very nice
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank RJG56
El Dorado Hills, CA
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Just got back from one night at Harrah's. We stayed in Room 1905 in the West Tower. I had booked 2 queen beds, but upon arrival, I was told there were no queen beds available in the West Tower due to renovations. I could stay in the East Tower with 2 beds, or the West Tower in one king bed. After reading numerous reviews, I know that the West was the "nicer" side and had no dogs allowed, so we stayed in the West Tower. The room was comped for me because of my slot tracking card so rice wasn't an issue. The room was adequate for the night. Nothing fancy, but that's fine. Water pressure in the shower was STRONG but the shower head was fairly low, which I know causes a problem for some people. The room was clean, linens nice, but towels a little on the lower-quality end. Coffee was provided in our room at no charge (Front Desk said the East side is charged for it!) and there was a small fridge. The room was a tad chilly and when I tried to adjust the temp at night, I couldn't seem to figure out how...no buttons or dials on the thermostat. Curved shower rod on the tub/shower. Lotion, bar soap and "conditioning shampoo" provided. We stayed 2 doors down from the elevator & while I didn't hear any noise at night, I could hear everyone leaving their room in the morning & slamming their doors. Clean room. We only dined at the Carvings Buffet. It was marginal...nothing fancy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family