“Pet Friendly stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
california
“Pet Friendly stay”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My family stayed in this Hotel twice already and the last time we stayed was on 04/2014. The Pet Friendly feature is what we love in this hotel. It's kind of expensive as you will be paying extra for the Pet Friendly feature but it's all worth it for me. My 7 pound morkie stayed with us inside our room "happy and loved."

We actually came from another Pet Friendly hotel but decided to check out as early as 6AM the next day due to the unpleasant condition of the Pet accommodation. We transferred to Harrah's and the friendly staff was kind enough to check us in very early without charging extra.

I will still choose this hotel when I bring my four legged family and will never get tricked again with the cheap price but bad pet accommodation somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank shadyCalifornia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,106)
Redding, California
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My room carpets and hall carpets are filthy, dirty and old looking. One of my towels had the side of the towel all frayed and the A/ C was not working to well.
The place is crumbling, no one in high limits slots, playing or service, Total rewards is gone to cashier windows, so not busy they could merge the two jobs together and NO VIP any more, reps are roaming, so try and find one.
Slot machines are down, drink person is your jackpot payer, and fixer of machines so you have 1/3 the staff on the floor. Service sucks. One craps table.

If it wasn't for the whole Harrahs thing, I think I would not choose to stay at Harrahs. Lastly, they no longer participate in the RENO rodeo, one of the towns biggest events

Buffet opens at 10:00am, good luck getting breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank dans58

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Everything was great, including the cost at off peak times.Great staff and spotless clean everywhere. Located only two minutes from the beautiful Truckee riverside walk. Hotel has a Starbuck's with free WIFI available. If I return to Reno, this is the place I will stay.

Also, only about 20 minutes walk to the Events Centre where I attended the Reno Rodeo.

Room Tip: West tower was ideal.
Green Features: Green minded management. They only service the room, towels etc when you indicate the need.
3 Thank Galaxy0ne
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2014

If you don't book at a peak time or weekend, the value here can be outstanding! I stayed in the east tower for about $46 a night, and this included a $20 food and beverage credit, which is enough for dinner at the Carvery buffet. When you go on from Reno to a motel room in Fallon and pay $70 a night, you can appreciate how good a deal this is.

4 Thank mayamew
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Were staying in the west tower and was told by the front desk that it was updated. Are you kidding me it looks like it was updated 20 yrs ago. The furniture in our room was chipped the fury lamp shade was dirty. The gaming area just looked tired. I guess when you pay $ 32.00 a night like I did this is what you get. Glad I'm here for only 2 nights.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaliforniaLosthiker
san francisco
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked 2 rooms through Booking.com which was quite confusing in the way they charged us. But that aside, I was very surprised at how nice the rooms were in Harrah's. Based on the reviews I was expecting old, musty rooms and the rooms were old but very nicely done. The biggest thing which I have Never seen in any other hotel is that each room had 2 bathrooms and another storage room. That was a pleasant surprise. Though the irritating thing was that the shower was not placed in the center of the shower stall, instead towards the door so u were half hanging out to get water on your face.
But other than that the rooms were nice, bed was good and our dinner at the hard rock cafe downstairs was very good too. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank goin2cancun
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Visited for one weekday night. I got a good rate, a cash discount from my booking company based on other travel, and enjoyed a $15 meal credit from Harrah's. Using my "Locals" discount, I got two trips to Carvings Buffet for my meal credit. I spend $32 for the room and two meals, not so bad.

I was in the East tower this time. The elevators are in a faraway corner. The room was OK, but watch out for the extra charges. I think they have these extra charges to make up for not having a "Resort Fee". I simply won't go to a hotel that has a resort fee, but I'm not happy the extra charges either. They charge for bottled water $3, Internet $11, and now COFFEE $1.50/k-cup. I'm surprised there wasn't a charge for the A/C or for flushing the toilet.

Reno has lost most of its charm for me. If you decide to go and stay at Harrah's, make sure you BYO: water & coffee, don't count on the internet, and if you want a bottle of booze in your room, bring your own, because the little store in the hotel charges ~ 2X the street price.

Carvings is still a great deal, particularly if you are a "local" { within 100 miles }, but not great enough for me to drive 90 miles for.

Room Tip: I think the West tower is better and more central, but rates there may be a little more than the Eas...
6 Thank BiffCanlett