“Hotel Stay at Harrah's - Reno, NV”
Review of Harrah's Reno

Harrah's Reno
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stockton, California
“Hotel Stay at Harrah's - Reno, NV”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Harrah's in Reno has two towers of rooms. Between the West and East towers, we stayed at the remodeled East Tower, in which we understood was a former Hampton Inn.

Overall, the experience was good and the staff was very friendly. We had a great view of the town on the 6th floor, and the room rates were very affordable for weekday rates.

The hotel is within walking distance to most any location in the downtown Reno area, i.e. a world class ball park a block away, the Truckee River, and a world class automobile museum that will make any auto enthusiasts (or not) draw drop.

The selected dining experiences in the surrounding area can be most fitting for the frugal, up to the most extravagant experience fit for royalty.

Come stay at Harrah's Reno. You will have a very nice time and an unforgettable experience.
We love the Quiznos sandwich shop, a few steps from the elevator. Great sandwiches and great service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up above the 20th floor, (It even has a good luck 13th floor) facing downtown. Y...
Green Features: The hotel is eco-friendly, and has their number of stairways to help you keep your heart rate up and work up an appetite, or just take the escalators or elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,111)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Living in Las Vegas, I always marvel in the comparative tranquility of the Reno hotel/casino scene. It always feels like a throwback to the 'simpler' times, in both clientele and décor. This trip felt the same, though the décor has been updated quiet a bit from my last visit to Harrah's Reno. The front desk area was pleasant and welcoming. Our check in agent, Edna, provided excellent customer service and a friendly attitude. The rest of the hotel staff that I encountered were equally pleasant - though I must admit, my family really only dealt with the valet and buffet staff.

We stayed in the West Tower. The room was clean upon arrival and well maintained during our stay. Our room provided an excellent view for both people watching on the street below and of the mountains beyond. The view also included the hotel pool below. While I never visited the pool during our stay, I was very, very thankful that Harrah's Reno has not succumbed to the Vegas idea of all day pool parties.

Overall, our stay was very pleasant and I most certainly recommend Harrah's Reno.

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here one night after a week up at Tahoe where it was so noisy. Harrah's was a nice change from that. We arrived very early and doubted we could get a room but wanted to check in anyway. She checked us in right away. The room was beautiful as is the whole property. We were given 2 for one coupons for the buffet and it is one of the best we've had. We hadn't been to Reno in many, many years and it was sad to see so many of the original casinos closed. But Harrah's is a constant

Thank Patrick and Mer... C
roblod6513
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have stayed here many times and the location is very good and the rooms are standard quality for a big casino chain. The only drawback is the casino floor is pretty weak and tends to be occupied by mostly seniors. As for dinning, the steakhouse is excellent and hash a go go serves good traditional food with a twist and huge portion sizes.

Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 12 July 2014

So it has been nearly 10 years since my first review of this hotel, which was favorable. This time, not so much. We stayed here for 2 nights that were comped through the Total Rewards program. We stayed in the west tower in a king bed room. The GOOD - large room, plenty of drawer and closet space, comfortable bed and pillows, good towels. The BAD - very limited TV channels (seriously, who doesn't offer The Food Network channel?!), furnishings and curtains are worn and what's with the furry hanging lamp that looks like it came from the 70's? Also, not many plug-ins available and the one in the bathroom needs to be replaced since stuff would barely stay plugged into it. The shower was crazy powerful, like being sandblasted. I can imagine it could knock down a small person. The WORST - $10.95 for wireless internet PER DEVICE!! Are you kidding me?! I have stayed at hotels all over this country and have never heard of a hotel charging PER DEVICE for internet. Unbelievable! Got a laptop? - Cha-Ching!$ Cell phone? - Cha-Ching!$ Ipad? Cha-Ching!$ This is craziness! Maybe this is how they make their money since there weren't many people gambling here, which is understandable because of the super tight slot machines. We spent most of our time at Silver Legacy. Don't stay here unless you get a comped room or super cheap rate and you don't need internet service. Also, the check-in staff acted like they were annoyed at having to check-in guests. Try being a little more welcoming, why don't you!? Also, housekeeping starts knocking on doors earlier than the stated time.

Room Tip: Stay in the west tower. Go elsewhere to gamble.
3 Thank Hoopmom
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have stayed in several Harrah's casinos around the country. This was our first trip to Reno!
The good: no resort fee, central location to Eldorado and circus circus where we spent most of our time, room was comped due to total reward points.
The bad: dishonest check in staff---I asked to be in the newer tower and was told we were. Upon arriving in room we were very surprised with outdated décor..I know this is the oldest Harrah's in the country, but was sure this had to be a mistake. I called and was told we were in fact in the older tower to which I expressed my dismay, so we were moved to a slightly newer looking room in the other newer tower near a starbucks and some nice shops. Was still somewhat underwhelmed at room quality comparatively speaking, but we spent very little time in the room anyway! Slots are very tight. Drinks are free and plentiful while gambling.
During our one night stay we walked the strip and shopped at some cool jewelry stores and souvenir shops. Had a great time at El Dorado. Awesome upscale dining and entertainment options there with three connecting casinos! Fun table games and very close walk back to Harrahs, if you don't mind the questionable characters hanging around the streets. I would have felt uneasy alone at night there.
Walked over to Cal-Neva for really good super cheap bfst on third desk. Overall fun and memorable time in the biggest little city!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the NEW TOWER!!
2 Thank Letsrolltimes5
San Jose, California
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My family recently booked a room last minute in Reno to visit family. Everything was sold out and we "lucked" upon a room at Harrah's Casino in the East Tower. First of all the room smelled of smoke, but that couldn't be helped since all they had available were smoking rooms. Besides the smell, the room was very dated and dingy. The floors were really stained, the furniture very worn and the fixtures were dated. I saw that the rooms in the West tower were better appointed and cleaned.

The worst part of the stay was the customer service received from the front desk staff. After checking into our room, we stopped by the front desk to ask if they could send up a crib. The lady stated that I could call them myself and pointed me towards a house phone halfway across the casino. I asked her if she knew the number and she gave me an incorrect one. My family travels quite frequently and I have never encountered such blatant disregard.

On customer service alone I would not recommend staying here, however if you do find yourself here for goodness sake pick a room in the West Tower.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank modernclassic

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels