“Enjoyed our stay”

Harrah's Reno
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Stayed one night before catching flight out the next day. The room was just as clean as at Harvey's at Tahoe. No one seemed to be winning though. Ate dinner at Napa Cafe, very good. Have eaten there before, always satisfied. Had brunch on Saturday morning at the buffet. Average buffet. Shuttle bus was prompt. Wouldn't stay anywhere else when in Reno. Appreciative that i could print our boarding passes out in private business center and no charge.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tahoewesternIowa
HarrahsReno, Customer Service at Harrah's Reno, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

It is nice to hear that you would not stay anywhere else but here at Harrah's Reno.

We look forward to your return visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,204)

Reviewed 27 August 2009

We booked your hotel on-line and stayed from Aug.18 to Aug. 22 / 09. Our experience at check-in was very fast and helpful. The room we received was exactly as requested and very clean. Every staff person that we encountered was very pleasant and helpful. We attended the Greg London " Iconman " show in Sammy's Showroom and really enjoyed the show. The highlight of our stay was our dinner in The Steakhouse Restaurant. The meal was exceptional and I would like to extend our thanks to Chef Jeff and all the staff who helped make our experience so great.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank duramax

Thanks for your very nice review of us here at Harrah's Reno and especially your room, Sammy's Showroom and our Steak House Restaurant.

Reviewed 22 August 2009

I hadn't stayed at Harrah's Reno in about 10 years, but was recently offered a comp so decided to give it a try. Was given a standard room in the West Tower. The room was on the small side (there was literally 18" between the foot of the bed and the dresser, and although the bathroom had plenty of counter space, you had to step into the bathroom and close the door to get to the toilet), but had been recently renovated and although unremarkable in decor or outfitting, was in excellent condition, with a king bed with a new pillow-top mattress, plentiful pillows and unworn bedding (I don't know about you but threadbare blankets and stained bedspreads in hotel rooms give me the creeps with the idea of all the bodies that have touched them). The room's blackout curtains (a MUST for casino visits) functioned fully, without the annoying morning laser beam of light sneaking through, and when opened gave a high-floor view of downtown Reno with the Sierra Nevada's in the distance through clean window glass (another peeve - dirty hotel windows ruining the view). The room was more than adequately soundproofed - I rarely heard anyone in the hallway or an adjoining room in the limited amount of time I spent in the room. Like the room itself the bathroom was unremarkable, but in excellent repair and outfitted with basic toiletries (face and bath soaps, shampoo, and lotion) and a plentiful supply of non-threadbare towels.

Overall the staffing appeared to be on the short-side of lean, nothing hideous but it always appeared as if they could have used another body or two -- there were 4-5 cars waiting at valet parking when I arrived, when the valet looked at my single small rolling suitcase they suggested that I take myself since "we're kind of backed up for bellmen", there were 4-5 guests waiting for check-in, and at checkout the bell desk warned of "a couple of rooms in front of you" with nobody appearing within half an hour of the call. The restaurants and casinos seemed to be adequately staffed, however, and housekeeping did a more than adequate job cleaning the room, without the unseemingly phone calls or knocks asking to clean the room, which indicate in my mind that the staff is pressed for time and needs to clean the room on their schedule rather than yours.

All-in-all I'd rate the hotel 3.5 stars, which TripAdvisor won't allow you to, so I guess they get three.

• Stayed: August 2009

Thanks for your very nice review of us here at Harrah's Reno.

Reviewed 18 August 2009

check out the crepes at carvers buffett they were excellent in fact they were so good I used them as a feature article for the sfexaminer.com titled desert desserts
My room was great service was very friendly!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business

Thanks for the excellent review of our crepes at Carvings Buffet. I am glad that your room was great and service was friendly.

Reviewed 12 August 2009

We had not been to Reno in almost 10 years, what a change. Casinos boarded up, empty storefronts, just not a safe feel at all. In addition, we were towing a boat, and found that Harrahs had NO onsite parking for large vehicles. In the past, they had an open lot behind the hotel where RVs and trailers parked. Now, you have to park 6 blocks away in a deserted part of town, no transportation to haul your stuff back and forth. This really detracted from our stay. As long as you stay within the Harrahs property, the food, gaming and all was great. The rooms are average for a big hotel, nothing special. Not sure whether I would recommend Reno at all.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback regarding us here at Harrah's Reno.

Reviewed 9 August 2009

We had one of the end rooms with the balcony. My friend was able to go outside and smoke. Really nice room and decor - seemed newly redone. Our room overlooked the Reno baseball stadium. The coffee shop is very good for food.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends

Thanks for your very nice remarks about our balcony room here at Harrah's Reno.

Reviewed 7 August 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at Harrah's. Got an amazing rate through Hotwire. Service was first rate from pulling up to the free valet parking, to pulling out of the free valet parking. Desk clerk upgraded me to a late check out and a king size room with a view. Room in West Tower obviously recently redone, just perfect and lovely. Very quiet. Friendly dealers and waitstaff.

Good choice in the Reno area. Had good Chinese food in the 24 hour restuarant and nice breakfast buffet.

My only quibble, very poor selection of cable channels. I would be in a better mood to gamble if I could watch Jon Stewart first!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank MostWinningWoman

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Harrah's Reno.