“Nice hotel, rooms small”
Review of Harrah's Reno

Harrah's Reno
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
western Iowa
“Nice hotel, rooms small”
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Enjoyed our stay, first 1 night, then later 2 nights, all in the same trip. Nothing special about the rooms. Bathroom on small side, do not like the toilet right by sink counter. If you wanted to you could sit on toilet & write a letter on sink counter. The fuzzy lamp in our room had seen its better days. Always ask close to elevator & request always granted. We're Harrah's card holders, so will always stay at Harrah's. Appreciate that i could use the business center to print boarding pass for flight, that is great.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,017)
Riverside, CA
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We had a good-sized room in the West Tower with modern decor and comfortable furniture. The room was well lit, had plenty of storage space, and was very clean and quiet. There was a mini-fridge with a freezer. The air conditioning worked well. The king bed was comfortable. The bathroom was nice, except the toilet was somewhat awkwardly situated. The shower head was good but placed low, and there was plenty of hot water. The bathroom lighting was poor and the towels were scratchy. We paid $45 including tax, which we felt was a good deal. Harrah's has a very good breakfast buffet.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 4 Joyful Travel
pioneer, Ca.
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We absolutely love this place, the rooms are clean and luxsurious, we got such a good night sleep. We had 4 of the softest pillows on our bed and it was so queit. All the personal are curtious and helpful. We will deffinantly stay here again and again. We like to gamble here because of the comps, we never had to pay for one meal while we were here and our rooms were comped, unlike another casino we stayed at before.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed 28 August 2010

We stayed at this Harrah's a few years ago and had a truly lovely time. We were treated like royalty. This time things had changed. We were not given the room they promised and when we asked the manager to help us, she basically told us to go to hell. Even the employees told us things had changed and not for the better. The buffet was pathetic. There is a cheaper better buffet a few blocks down the street at Circus Circus

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joanMissouri
HarrahsReno, Customer Service at Harrah's Reno, responded to this review, 27 June 2016
I am sorry that you were disappointed with us here at Harrah's Reno.

Thanks for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 August 2010

my stay was wonderful and romatic, the food was great the rooms was beautiful and the scenic was awsome. my husband and I will visit again.

Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Thanks for your wonderful remarks about us here at Harrah's Reno and especially our food and great rooms.

We look forward to your return visit.
UMATILLA
Reviewed 7 August 2010

After reading the reviews for Harrah's I made reservations there with some trepidation, we have Total Rewards cards and so got the best deal on our room. I must say I was totally amazed that not one thing other people have complained about happend to us during our stay. Check in was a breeze and even though we did not get there until after 8pm we got the room we reserved. We stayed for 3 nights our room was spotlessly clean, beautifully appointed, adequatley stocked with towels and quiet. We had an in room coffee maker which was totally un-expected as it seems to be something that garners the most compaints. We ate virtually all meals there. At Cafe Napa I had one of the best Chicken Ceasar salads I've ever eaten, the wait staff was friendly and courteous even though they were very busy. We ate breakfast at the Carvings Buffett which was always adequatley stocked and clean, the wait staff there was also friendly and courteous. Every employee we came into contact with was courteous and helpful even the ones we randomly rode in elevators with!! The only complaint we have is that the bed could have been a little softer.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mlorence
Thanks for your very nice remarks about us here at Harrah's Reno.

We look forward to your return visit.
Toledo, Oregon
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I have stayed at Harrah's in the past, but never had an experience like this one. When I checked into the room, the first thing I noticed is that they do not offer complimentary coffee. They have bottled water available in the room and charge $3.00 a bottle if you open one. And it is just plain, standard water…nothing special. They also offer a “package” for $25.00 a night that they call an “upgrade” that entitles you to 2 bottles of water, a coffee maker, coffee, Styrofoam coffee cups, internet access, access to the pool and the fitness center. I bought the upgrade and had to call the Front desk every day for the 3 nights I stayed there and ask where my water and coffee were. First day they told me that if I don’t open they bottles, they don’t leave any more. And I paid extra for it.
I also had a problem for 2 days with my electronic door lock. The first time I couldn’t get into my room, I called the front desk and got stuck on hold. They finally sent a bellman up with a new key. He could get the lock to work once in four tries. He then brushed me off with the response of just sliding the key either faster or slower. I had trouble again later that afternoon and had to get another set of keys. Again after midnight, after coming back in for the evening, I was locked out. This time they had to send Maintenance up, who ended up having to replace my lock. The Maintenance man said someone would be coming up to reprogram the lock. When I went out the next morning for breakfast I stopped by the front desk to ask about getting my lock reprogrammed. They called while I was standing there and I was told that it would be taken care of by the time I got back. I came back 3 hours later and still could not get into my room. I called the front desk again and was put on hold. While waiting for 10 minutes, finally a lady from the front desk came and reprogrammed my door.
When I checked out, I voiced my complaints to the Front Desk manager who removed the cost of the “upgrade” from my room. I have also sent a letter to the General Manager and still have not heard from him. I may stay at a Harrah’s again, but not the one in Reno.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MamaHx3
We appreciate your feedback.