“Reno Seven Stars Signature Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Harrah's Reno
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
new jersey
“Reno Seven Stars Signature Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2010

Stayed at Harrah's Reno for three nights as part of our Seven Stars Signature Experience. The staff was top notch from the planning prior to the trip to the moment we left. We had the Star Suite, two bedrooms, three bathrooms, balcony, large living room with 8 person dining table and bar area. The spa services were above average, the in room brunch incredible, and much more. A trip we will always remember.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HarrahsReno, Customer Service at Harrah's Reno, responded to this review, 4 March 2016
Thanks for your very nice comments about us here at Harrah's Reno.

We look forward to your return visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (920)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

My husband and I stayed at Harrah's Nov 21 -24. I am a recent Diamond card holder and it was the first time that I had been to Reno as a Diamond member. The service was outstanding.

Check in was fast and efficient. We asked to be upgraded to a suite and the girl called the players' club and they told her that it was fine. The room was wonderful with a great view of the baseball field. During our stay that field was filled with snow. Beautiful!!

It was easy to get a buffet for 2 after earing only 100 points. It was not great but much better than Circus Circus and some others. Everyone throughout the property was nice, friendly, and made you feel welcome.

The health club/spa was nice also.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HarrahsReno, Customer Service at Harrah's Reno, responded to this review, 9 March 2016
Thanks for your nice remarks about us here at Harrah's Reno.

Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

I stayed at this Hotel Friday after thanksgiving. The line to check in was over 30 minutes long. We finally got up to our room and the room was real cold. I located the therostat and tried to figure out how to turn the heat on. The lighting in the room was awful. I could not read the degree numbers. I tried moving a wheel to increase the heat. It didn't work. I went to call the front desk for help, but the phone had a short in the cord. I had to travel back downstairs to speak with someone. The sent someone up and he said he adjusted the heat to 70 degrees. We left for the evening and when we returned the room was still cold. We were tired and decided to endure because the phone didn't work and it take so much to change rooms at the hour we returned. I looked for extra blankets, there were none. We ended up sleeping in our clothes to stay warm. The next morning I asked what they could do for me and they said there was nothing they could do, no discount on the current room, no offer of any kind. If you stay here good luck.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank davej6655
We appreciate your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

2 night stay over Thanksgiving weekend. Honestly not expecting much since last trip to Reno and stay at the Peppermill was so disappointing. Check in fast and friendly. Room in West Wing spacious, clean and quiet. Employees in restaurants and casino very friendly. Carvings buffet disappointing, cafeteria like environment and food not that great.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank PreferHawaii
Thanks for your feedback.
turlock, california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

We had booked at the Nugget for $59 but wanted to have dinner at the Steak House at Harrah's...so we switched for an increase of $30. The room was roomy and clean but the bedside reading lights were awful and one can't gamble all day and all night!! There was no in room coffee, which was promised even tho I did not get a suite. The walk to Starbuck's was a hike and could not be done in one's robe and slippers. The slots were alright and altho we didn't win big, the little winnings kept us going. We had dinner at the Steak house, a return trip for us. The meal was excellent but we felt the service was rushed. Having time between courses is part of the experience, not having the next course serve while I haven't finished the sorbet makes me crazy. Anyway, the lobster bisque was excellent.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank candydawn
Thanks for your feedback about us here at Harrah's Reno.

I'm glad that you enjoyed our Steak House.
california
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2010

I went to Reno so my daughter could visit a friend and I was going to stay in the hotel and work, and exercise and relax....the gym costs $10 per day AND the internet costs $11 per day!!! Even hotels in Asia have free gym use!!

Over the 4 days I ate at all the restaurants in the hotel and the food was so goodll!!! The buffet is worth the $10.99 for lunch.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jupiter032
HarrahsReno, Customer Service at Harrah's Reno, responded to this review, 11 March 2016
Thanks for your nice comments about all the restaurants here at Harrah's Reno and especially our Carvings Buffet.

Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to your return visit.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

We are Harrahs card holders and I would have to say that this Harrahs is outdated. I felt like someone had tricked me. The sign says Harrahs but the lobby, casino and room looked and smelled like a Motor Inn. Best words to discribe room are creepy small and outdated. Hotel is not soundproofed. Anytime someone on our floor opened or shut their door we could hear it. First room we checked into had a very leaky window (it was raining). We changed rooms and I was hopeful but the next room was just as small and creepy minus leaky window but plus moldy shower.
Decor mirrored my grandmothers house minus plastic furniture covers.
The part of town it was located in reminded me of south LA.
I ate and the buffet, there were so many different fares they couldn't get any one done right. Simple foods were bland including salad dressing.
I love Harrahs but would never stay at this one again unless some drastic changes are made

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maxcat83
We appreciate your feedback.