“Hard & Uncomfortable Bed & Below Standard in Few Things.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
San Francisco, California
“Hard & Uncomfortable Bed & Below Standard in Few Things.”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

1. When I reserved and paid for a room via Marriott.com, the Marriott website spelled out that a room I was paying for at Fairfield Inn has a mini fridge and a microwave oven. When I checked in on 4/27/14, the receptionist gave me a room with no microwave oven and a mini fridge. I called and told him that I was expecting a room with a mini fridge and a microwave oven.

The clerk said that only suites have a mini fridge and a microwave oven. I told him that the room I paid for has a mini fridge and a microwave oven. He then gave me a room with a microwave oven and a fridge.

I felt misled and was annoyed because the room I paid for was specified to have a mini fridge and a microwave oven, and I wasn't give that room initially. I had to call him and go down to the lobby again and get a suite room with a microwave oven and a fridge as specified on Marriott website.

2. The bed is too too bumpy and too hard due to too dense mattress cover. It was the MOST uncomfortable bed I have ever tried to sleep on, and I have been travelling frequently since mid 2013. I couldn't sleep at all on that bed, tossing and turning and changing a bed, hoping it could be softer.

I expected to and hoped for a nice relaxing lounging around at Fairfield Inn at Sparks after driving myself hard for previous few days. Instead, I got up around 6 a.m. because the bed was too hard and too uncomfortable, and I couldn't sleep.

3. The plastic spoons and forks for breakfast at Fairfield Inn, Sparks were the most low quality plastic silverware (small, short and thin) people get from $40-50 motels breakfast. I couldn't believe Fairfield Inn provide customers with such hard-to-use the most low quality and cheap plastic silverware.

4. Breakfast ends at 9:30 a.m. I had no problem making it for breakfast since I couldn't sleep on such an uncomfortable and hard bed, but it's very unfriendly hour for those who need to sleep in to recover from a long drive, driving oneself hard with work, activities, etc.
It was very disappointing and disgruntling experience to say the least.

5. Fairfield Inn-Marriott brand needs to provide customers with better quality body care products (more natural body care products), rather than Pantenne shampoo/hair conditioner and Vaseline lotion. People get Pantenne shampoo/hair conditioner and Vaseline lotion from $40-50 motels.

Hyatt, Hilton and other brands hotels had better body care products (more natural body care products), better plastic silverware, and better beds.

Staffs were courteous, so no complaints about that. Also, shower water pressure was pretty good.

Please improve!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kimdb1
Brad L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Kimdb1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno/Sparks. You indicated in your review that your stay was unsatisfactory. First, I would like to apologize that we were not able to meet or exceed your expectations. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

I can imagine your disappointment you must have experienced when you were expecting a microwave and refrigerator in your room. After reviewing your reservation history I found that the room you reserved online was our standard room with 1 king bed. Unfortunately that room type does not have a microwave or a mini fridge in the room. Obviously concerned that we had inaccurate information on our website, I did review and confirm that accurate information was provided on our website. Understanding that you were expecting additional amenities that were not available in the room you reserved, they upgraded your room without any additional cost so the room better suited your needs. I regret that despite our efforts we were unable to meet your expectations.

I have taken note of your other concerns as well. Marriott, and Fairfield Inn & Suites have specific standards and specifications for all of it's hotels to follow. Your feedback about our mattress covers, breakfast, and body care products is invaluable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

Highest Regards,

Brad L.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The room was really nice here at the Fairfield Inn, Nice sitting area, Good lighting, Thermostat controlled air, and comfortable bed. The bathroom was just average. The staff was excellent and the breakfast had a good variety and was fresh. Ok location, but driving distance to many shops and the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I travel 2/3 of the year and spend most of my nights on the road in Marriotts, usually Courtyards but, occasionally one of the other property types. Marriotts are almost universally very good to excellent. This Fairfield is certainly excellent. The front desk staff is first rate, friendly and professional. They had trouble getting me in for the duration of my stay but, when I discovered that they were able to get me a room, it turned out to be one of the larger ones on the third floor. The property and rooms are very clean. The location is fantastic: it's on the eastern edge of Sparks so, if your travels are taking you east, it can't be beat. It's also just down the street from the Marina's, a huge shopping center that includes an enormous Scheels sporting goods store, supposedly the largest store of its kind in the world.

There's also a small courtyard enclosed by high walls on the freeway side. Nice little bonus, although the traffic noise level is high.

Great property, give it a try if you are in town.

Room Tip: I was not on the freeway side, so my room was very quiet, even with the window open.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Brad L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our property. Our staff works hard to provide an enjoyable, problem free stay for all our guests. We look forward to serving you on your next visit!
Illinois US
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Excellent staff and a quiet room made this an enjoyable stay. Staff was very nice about accepting a call ahead to block a quiet room for you. This should be a norm but some Marriotts refuse to even try. Sparks is a small community right by Reno and we were surprised that it was nicer than we expected. A nearby casino (Western Village) has a steakhouse restaurant serving all kinds of food at reasonable prices. Over 55 discount. Serious recommendation from staff lead us there and they were correct, locals eat there at good prices. Additionally there's a car wash near if you've driven through the Utah flats and you want to desalt your car. A block away and a good idea.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing higher floor. Idea, would be 3 rd floor even number. Suggest you avoid highwa...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and delighted you were happy with our dining recommendation.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel is off one of the first exits as you enter Sparks which is a suburb of Reno. It is a perfect location if you are traveling and staying overnight. The hotel is brightly decorated and seems to be somewhat new. The rooms are nice size. The breakfast is quite good and has a variety of items. The Western Village is a manageable casino not far from the Fairfield Inn....the food at Pancho and Willies is quite good and the casino is fun.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brad L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for taking a few minutes to review our hotel. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future. Happy travels!
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Our experience here as a family of six was over the top! The location was great, and only minutes away from our desired destinations. We loved and enjoyed the free breakfast very much! No problems with the room, it was the right fit with 2 beds and a tv. The service was so satisfying and the front desk was quite helpful! There cannot be a doubt that we'll return! :)

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Checked in using free night. Front desk was backed up...only one person on duty. Took 30+ min to check in. Public restroom was disgusting...smelled like 3rd world country WC. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was standard FI food items. There was only one elevator in each section...made it cumbersome to navigate to room. I would look elsewhere next time I am in Reno.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Priffle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparks
Western Village Inn & Casino
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Hampton Inn & Suites Reno West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks? Share your experiences!