1. When I reserved and paid for a room via Marriott.com, the Marriott website spelled out that a room I was paying for at Fairfield Inn has a mini fridge and a microwave oven. When I checked in on 4/27/14, the receptionist gave me a room with no microwave oven and a mini fridge. I called and told him that I was expecting a room with a mini fridge and a microwave oven.
The clerk said that only suites have a mini fridge and a microwave oven. I told him that the room I paid for has a mini fridge and a microwave oven. He then gave me a room with a microwave oven and a fridge.
I felt misled and was annoyed because the room I paid for was specified to have a mini fridge and a microwave oven, and I wasn't give that room initially. I had to call him and go down to the lobby again and get a suite room with a microwave oven and a fridge as specified on Marriott website.
2. The bed is too too bumpy and too hard due to too dense mattress cover. It was the MOST uncomfortable bed I have ever tried to sleep on, and I have been travelling frequently since mid 2013. I couldn't sleep at all on that bed, tossing and turning and changing a bed, hoping it could be softer.
I expected to and hoped for a nice relaxing lounging around at Fairfield Inn at Sparks after driving myself hard for previous few days. Instead, I got up around 6 a.m. because the bed was too hard and too uncomfortable, and I couldn't sleep.
3. The plastic spoons and forks for breakfast at Fairfield Inn, Sparks were the most low quality plastic silverware (small, short and thin) people get from $40-50 motels breakfast. I couldn't believe Fairfield Inn provide customers with such hard-to-use the most low quality and cheap plastic silverware.
4. Breakfast ends at 9:30 a.m. I had no problem making it for breakfast since I couldn't sleep on such an uncomfortable and hard bed, but it's very unfriendly hour for those who need to sleep in to recover from a long drive, driving oneself hard with work, activities, etc.
It was very disappointing and disgruntling experience to say the least.
5. Fairfield Inn-Marriott brand needs to provide customers with better quality body care products (more natural body care products), rather than Pantenne shampoo/hair conditioner and Vaseline lotion. People get Pantenne shampoo/hair conditioner and Vaseline lotion from $40-50 motels.
Hyatt, Hilton and other brands hotels had better body care products (more natural body care products), better plastic silverware, and better beds.
Staffs were courteous, so no complaints about that. Also, shower water pressure was pretty good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel energized while on the road when you stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks. Located 7 miles from Reno-Tahoe International Airport, our hotel makes travel to Western Nevada effortless. Spend your day with the family at Wild Island Family Adventure Park or attend an event at Reno-Sparks Convention Center. Our hotel also features a location minutes from Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center. Spacious rooms and suites with stylish decor await you after a busy day. Connect to our free Wi-Fi as you unwind in front of our flat-panel TVs. Select accommodations feature comfortable sofa beds and soothing hot tubs. Jump start the next day with our complimentary breakfast featuring a selection of healthy and hearty meals. Keep up with your workout routine in our fitness center or our indoor pool. At Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, you’re our #1 priority. Ask us about The Fairfield 100% Guarantee™, where we promise you'll be satisfied or we'll make it right. That's our commitment to you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks Hotel Sparks
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Reno Sparks
- Fairfield Inn Sparks
- Fairfield Sparks
- Sparks Fairfield Inn