Motel 6 Reno Airport - Sparks
US$57
US$68
US$62
US$175
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 February 2013

While driving cross country, I found Motel 6's accommodations to be consistently above average for the price. Overall, the rooms were clean, simple, and an excellent value...exactly what I'd expect for $30-60, depending on the location. None of this can be said for my experience at the Motel 6 in Sparks, Nevada. I should have done my research before staying at this place, and, in retrospect, was foolish not to. I highly advise people to stay away. It is definitely not safe for women.

I actually felt frightened and in danger here. I'll be brief: while sitting outside trying to get some air, I had a terrible encounter with a sleazy, drug-induced patron of the prostituted woman living in the next room over. The event culminated with me running and exerting physical force in order to safely get back in my room. (Read: I had to smash the guy in the face with the door as hard as I could...and then lock it behind me and remain in the room until the next morning.)

Honestly, this place is just an unsafe dump. It's in a very high crime area, and that isn't hyperbole or stereotyping in any way. I'm just telling it like it is so other women don't put themselves in the position I put myself in. The Reno Gang Unit arrested several people in the motel parking lot during the one night I was there; there were drug deals and use going on pretty much at all times; the parking lot was littered with urine and empties ranging from nips to crack vials to, yes, syringes; and there was very obvious, sad, prostitution all over the place. This Motel 6 felt more like flophouse than anything else. I think it sort of was.

Oh yeah, and the service sucked. The woman behind the front counter was incredibly rude but, all things considered, that wasn't exactly the deal breaker.

Stay somewhere else. It's worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Alex S
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Down stairs room on the freeway side had quiet rooms. Our room was CLEAN, smelled good (no smoke smell) and with a bath tub. The beds were comfortable, great location and near a Casino for cheap food. Convenient and inexpensive motel. Staff was helpful and friendly. But NO WIFI!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rose-Johnson
Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

This motel has been refreshed and is very clean with granite top in the sink area. The neigborhood has improved since those "terrible" reviews. Service was very friendly. Close to casinos. Easy access to freeways.
Highly recommended for a motel6.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank passportravel
Reviewed 29 March 2011

This motel has been re-habbed. Carpets clean, bedding good and bath was spotless. Even though the room faced 1-80 the double pane glass did a decent job of noise abatement. For a tired business guy who didn't want to run a mile long gauntlet through a smoke filled casino and a long line at check-in it's quick and easy. Can't beat parking outside room ,ether. It's hard to beat $29.99 rate, either, after AARP and tax.!! Heating A/C unit was new and quiet. Motel 6's have old tube type TV's which are on their last legs and they can't buy new ones and running out of parts to fix old ones. TV quality will vary.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank CoolTallGuy
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We had an impromptu stay here because the pass through the Sierra Nevadas was looking pretty difficult. The hotel was fine for one night. It was sort of clean but the comforter had cigarette burns throughout and lots of stains on the carpet which was pretty gross.

I wouldn't recommend it for more than one night when you're exhausted and just want a place to sleep off the highway but for that purpose it was adequate.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple