Motel 6 Reno Airport - Sparks
US$144
US$57
US$64
US$45
Western Village Inn & Casino(Sparks)(Great Value!)
US$57
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2005

I stayed here as I was moving west and most other hotels were booked that I could afford. I have stayed in Motel 6 properties before - but it had been a long time. The last one I was in was actually pleasant. This one is not. The front office clerk was extremely nice, offered help with finding a local eatery and was very responsive to any questions I had. The room, which was a double, had one set of towels - meaning one bath towel, one hand towel and one wash cloth - in a room meant for 2 people. I had to go to the office to retrieve an extra set. There was a man who appeared to be walking around trying to peep into rooms that I reported to the desk on the evening I arrived. The next morning, that same man was urinating in the vending machine area, walking around barefoot, and when I reported him again, the morning clerk told me he was a long-term guest that they had a few "minor problems" with. She didn't seem fazed at all that he was using the vending area as a restroom.
There is quite a bit of traffic noise, but nothing I couldn't handle. The location is easy to get to from Interstate 80 but the construction projects going on currently (Feb 2005) make it easy to miss the exit if you aren't in the proper lane of traffic. Before you make a reservation here and/or if you are just passing through Reno and not planning to go to the casinos, I would try Boomtown, just a little further down the road. They sometimes have really good deals.

15  Thank Drummer46241
Reviewed 8 October 2004

Avoid this Motel6 located in dangerous part of RENO. The bullet proof window separating the clerk at daylight check
in was not re assuring.
We saw roving teenage street gangs terrorizing tourists for money in this Motel 6 parking lot.
Addicts left dirty syringes on the ground near my car. Police sirens all nite, also truck traffic non stop.
But I suppose if your 100% hearing loss it wouldn't matter. Old outdated rooms which did not at all feel
clean. The 29.99 price was not worth the worry.
We will avoid Reno stays unless they are far away from the city centre.

12  Thank Seasoned-Traveler88
A TripAdvisor Member
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 23 October 2003

This was a terrible place to stay. the room was very dirt, my wife refused to use the shower. People wereincredibly noisy and when they did get to sleep you would here the freeway traffic. For about the same price stay in the casinos.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Payson, Utah
Reviewed 20 August 2003

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. We asked for a cot for our 10 year old when we ordered over the internet. We got there and they said they didn't have one. We asked for more blankets so he could sleep on the floor and they said they didn't have any. Later that evening the tiolet plugged and I went down to ask for a plunger. They didn't have one, of course. We slept all night with a pile of crap in the tiolet and had to get up early and leave because we couldn't stand it. Their was no plug for the bathrub and the facets were turned around. The hot was cold and the cold was hot. To make matters worse later we found out that we had been double charged on our credit card for the room. Motel 6, of course, had a hell of a time straightening out the situation or even admitting to it. Do not stay at Motel 6, especially the dump in Sparks.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member