“After reading prior reviews, they must have improved!”

Motel 6 Reno Airport - Sparks
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Friendly and helpful desk staff, clean corner room, comfortable beds and quiet even though it is near the freeway. Spent four nights, groundskeepers did landscaping, parking lot restriping, and curb painting during my stay. Laundry room clean, the machines worked well. Some prior reviews are years old, I witnessed none of the previously reported illegal activities in the area. All in all a fairly typical Motel 6, a good value for the dollar with no frills offered or expected.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank EricVonZipper
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Reno Airport - Sparks

Reviewed 21 July 2009

We were just looking for a clean place to spend the night during a long road trip.

We didn't actually stay here. We checked in around midnight, and while my girlfriend was driving around the block to keep our child quiet, she witnessed a drug deal. While I was finding our room, I witnessed a prostitute being escorted up to another room.

We looked at the room anyway... the sheets were okay, the blankets looked dirty & threadbare. That combined with the unsavory element in the neighborhood was enough to ask to cancel our reservation. To say one positive thing, the manager didn't hassle me about cancelling.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank frendli
Reviewed 7 January 2008

The sheets were dirty and it took the desk clerk an hour to bring us clean sheets. The facilities were decrepit and noisy. Overall, I cannot recommend this facility for other fine tripadvisor travelers. But then, it is a motel 6, and we stopped in the middle of a snow storm and they had a room. But then, on the other hand, it was disgusting. So weigh these factors accordingly.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lookupatthesky
Reviewed 12 January 2007

We stopped at the Motel 6 after an exhausting trip over the mountains with snow chains (this was a new experience for us!). This was the first motel we came to. At 12am it seemed like a fine place to sleep. Our room was clean. When I woke up, however, there were some questionable people lingering around the parking lot. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank HLS3247
Reviewed 24 July 2006

This place was trashy, we pulled in and noticed that there was no water in the pool, they had asured my cousion that they had a pool when he booked the room for us. They did not have our room ready and said it would be an hour and a half before they had one ready. They told us there was another motel 6 down the road, so we drove looking for it and only found drunks and drugies. So we drove down 4th st and ended up staying at the Bonanza Inn, they had a big pool and it had water in it, they gave us a great deal on a room for 2 nights. We were upset that the woman at motel 6 was so rude to us, but its ok, they wont be seeing us in any of there motels again. So if you want a nice room, walking distance to the casinos and a nice big clean pool with water in it then try the Bonanza Inn on 4th st. They know how to treat people nice.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank mrssugarcane
Reviewed 16 June 2006

I have stayed in many, many Motel 6's on the west coast. I like them because of price and pet friendliness. Some properties are nearly new, and some are old and worn. Some can be on the dirty side. I normally rate them from a two to 4 and the occasional 5. For the money, you usually get a great experience.

This Motel 6 in Sparks, however, had many strikes against it. It was old and worn, and then dirty on top of that (garbage under the bed). The front desk service was very poor (the person working it looked worn, tired and dirty, too). There were two people getting rooms before me and one was definitely homeless and possibly drug involved.

Looking at many of the other people staying there, I got the feeling that it must be the sleeze motel of the area. I'm pretty tolerant of people and their differences, but I get nervous when I start sensing a possible high crime rate. I did not feel safe in the Sparks Motel 6.

My mother had advised me against staying there, because she and my Dad did, way back in the 90's and this was their experience. I thought maybe things had improved or that she was over-reacting. Next time, I'll listen to Mom.

• Stayed: November 2005
7  Thank clayartisan
Reviewed 24 February 2005

I stayed here as I was moving west and most other hotels were booked that I could afford. I have stayed in Motel 6 properties before - but it had been a long time. The last one I was in was actually pleasant. This one is not. The front office clerk was extremely nice, offered help with finding a local eatery and was very responsive to any questions I had. The room, which was a double, had one set of towels - meaning one bath towel, one hand towel and one wash cloth - in a room meant for 2 people. I had to go to the office to retrieve an extra set. There was a man who appeared to be walking around trying to peep into rooms that I reported to the desk on the evening I arrived. The next morning, that same man was urinating in the vending machine area, walking around barefoot, and when I reported him again, the morning clerk told me he was a long-term guest that they had a few "minor problems" with. She didn't seem fazed at all that he was using the vending area as a restroom.
There is quite a bit of traffic noise, but nothing I couldn't handle. The location is easy to get to from Interstate 80 but the construction projects going on currently (Feb 2005) make it easy to miss the exit if you aren't in the proper lane of traffic. Before you make a reservation here and/or if you are just passing through Reno and not planning to go to the casinos, I would try Boomtown, just a little further down the road. They sometimes have really good deals.

15  Thank Drummer46241
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparks
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Victorian Inn
Victorian Inn
#9 of 17 in Sparks
Western Village Inn & Casino
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno
The Sands Regency Casino Hotel

Been to Motel 6 Reno Airport - Sparks? Share your experiences!