“Time of your life”
Review of Wide Open Reno

Wide Open Reno
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Wide Open Reno experience pushes the envelope of an adventure based vacation. Much more than a simple racing school or guided low-speed tour, our exclusive open-wheel tour cars provide our guests with the performance and safety of a modern desert racer, but are comfortable enough for anyone to drive. Seasoned guides lead you through the entire journey.
Tuolumne, California, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Time of your life”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I planned this trip for my 1st Anniversary gift to my husband. We had a fantastic time and the staff was very friendly and eager to make our trip a memorable one. They made the complete experience something that we will remember for a lifetime. Our guide picked us up at the El Dorado in Reno and whisked us off into the hillside to experience a day of fun and excitement. He gave us a total VIP treatment. It was everything we could have asked for and more. A full morning of hill climbing, rock crawling and high jumping fun, and a wonderful BBQ to fuel us back up to go out again. The cars are extremely fast but safe. I recommend this adventure to anyone looking to do something out of the ordinary that will leave you with memories to last a lifetime.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank JustHangen

Keller, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Incentive Trip that was AWESOME”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Our region held a contest for a trip to Reno to partake in the Wide Open Reno adventure. I was responsible for running the contest and organizing the trip. Kirk & Kristi were very easy to work with and very accomodating. We sent 14 people on this trip and they had a BLAST! Some of the comments I received:
This trip was great! I really enjoyed the stay at Virginia City.
Everything was great!
Thanks for the great time this week. I had a super fun time. You guys did a great job putting this together. It is always nice to get together with other managers and corporate to talk and share ideas.
This was an amazing time with a bunch of great guys. This was a trip that we will remember forever.
It was awesome!!!
The most fun I have ever had on a trip. Good size group. Not too many and not too few.
The Wide Open people put on a great show and a great trip – very accommodating.
There is absolutely nothing that could have been done better.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Nicole H
SanFrancisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reno is nice city.”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I like Reno because it is a quiet city that is fun to walk around in, and the city buses are easy to
ride in and go anywhere. I like their shopping centers and malls. I do not gamble. So I go
walking and shopping. There is a very nice museum with a planetarium.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Dina R
Dripping Springs TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Drive a Real Offroad Race Car”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

First off, these are not some wimpy sand buggy that you might rent at the beach. These are fully Baja capable offroad cars. Tons of suspension, strong motors and full roll cages.
My son and I did a one day tour and we had a blast. The cars are plenty fast and the route was challenging and lots of fun. Not to mention the neat scenery.
This is a truly professional organization and the tour leader and support guys are super nice.

If you are looking for a real offroad adventure then this is the place. There is no doubt that my son and I will be back to drive with them again.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Alex V
Aliso Viejo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Another Great Wide Open Trip”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I have been on a few different excursions with Wide Open Baja, in Cabo and Ensenada, and this past Oct I went on the Reno tour and had a blast ! They are the same cars and has the same feel as Baja. Our guide James meet us at the hotel then off for a short 20 minute drive to the office. Once there we watched a safety video got fitted for our helmets then hopped into the cars. Once on the property you would have no idea that you just left civilization. We drove from an elevation of 4200 feet to 6000 foot mountain tops, seeing wild mustangs just like the old west.
I come to Reno 3 times a year for business and I am definitely making it a point to come back again. Call the office and ask for my sales guy Kirk and tell him Steve told to call you he will hook you up

Visited October 2011