“Great price. Clean, but dumpy”
Review of Windsor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sparks
Windsor Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
Eagle, Idaho, USA
“Great price. Clean, but dumpy”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We only paid $45.00 (including tax) for a king size bed, on a Wednesday night. The price was great, but the hotel reeked of smoke, until we got into our smoke free room. I was pleasantly surprised that the room was indeed smoke-free. The bed was comfortable, the shower was hot and it had a good flow shower head. The room was clean. The not so good: the furnishings, the TV and carpet were VERY worn and old. The towels and washcloths were extremely thin and they were as scratchy as I've ever encountered; sheets were thin, too. The room had a microwave and small refrigerator but no coffee pot. If you need a clean, cheap hotel for traveling thru Sparks/Reno, this will do. Just don't expect too much

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Gloria G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Parkville, Missouri
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I travel for a living and try to stay in less expensive hotels. I stayed at Sand motel which looked worst than Windsor from the out side but it's rooms were well maintained and clean. Windsor can't say that. The carpets look as though they have not been cleaned in awhile and they should be replaced anyway. The residents (yes I said residents) were friendly. Windsor is not a hotel but lower income Appartment. The sign are the front desk says not refunds, I thought that was kind of odd when I checked in, now I understand. You can see your room until you pay and then you are stuck.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else even if you have to pay double or drive an hour to get to the place you need to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 247Road_Warrior

Travellers are raving about these Sparks hotels

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night when no mainstream motel/hotel was less than $100 and Strip hotels were way over $200.. In its heyday (the 70s), this was probably a nice hotel (inside entrances) style inn. Now, it appears to be occupied by mostly down and out weekly and monthly residents. The halls, walls, carpets and elevators are very rundown. I asked to look at a room anyway, and opened the door to what looked to be a freshly painted room, clean carpeting and bedspread, and clean efficiency bathroom, and a microwave, fridge with freezer and TV that received dozens of cable stations clearly. For $45 - I grabbed it and spent a comfortable and uneventful night. Other reviewers call it a crack house and say it smells like weed - I didn't observe this (but I could believe it!). If you're forced to choose from the old motels along the old highway (East 4th Street) or Victorian Avenue, you should consider this - just check the room first. All ratings based on the room itself.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarcInSac
Red Bluff, California
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

After driving since 4:30am we stopped at the Windsor inn. It was darker than the inside of a cow in the parking lot which helped hide a lot. My husband went in and was asked to pay cash because the credit card machine wasn't working. We got in the room to see the curtains hanging by only 4 hooks, the queen size bed was higher in the middle, lower on each side & we would have been better off sleeping on the floor. The shower curtain had holes & mold on it. The sink faucet didn't work so water flow was a trickle. Light switches didn't work, lamp shades had no screws to hold them on, we couldn't reach the closet to hang anything because the night stand was too big. The smell of smoke was apparent but we were to tired to go any place else. We did ask for a non smoking room. On our way the next morning the elevator ride down from the 2nd floor a local resident was getting out. I never did make eye contact with the desk clerk. Looks ok from the outside except for the camo painted beater car in the parking lot. Run don't walk the other way!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank T C
Surprise, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We were there over night and it was difficult for those few hours that we were inside of the room just to sleep. When you enter the building at the main entrance you are greeted by stale cigarette smoke and dank air! The staff doesn't even acknowledge your presence unless you say something first! The elevator was hot and foul smelling. Upon entering the 2nd floor we were greeted by cigarette smoke. We requested a non-smoking room only to enter the room and be assaulted by stale cigarette smoke. The room was so cold because we could not get the ac off, so we froze all night. The room itself was so filthy that we cleaned it before either of us would use the bathroom. The toilet/tub combination is a complete joke because it's so damned hot in that tiny room. I looked up at the ceiling only to see mold around the light/fan fixture. Never mind the filter over the fan being covered with so much dust making the fan completely ineffective. The toilet was so low to the ground that one would think that it was made for "little people!" Oh and get this we thought that television blew out because it turned itself off. I called the front desk and was told to turn the light switch on by the door then try to the t.v. remote again...just the thought of this experience has me shaking my head all over again! But the biggest insult was the fact that the rate increased due to it being the weekend of "Hot August Nights." I could support a rate increase if the quality of the property was better, but it was clear that NO effort has gone into improving this property and that a MONEY GRAB was in effect due to the opportunity of that weekend....Sad. What swimming pool and restaurant? The show "Hotel Impossible" would be an improvement, but somehow I doubt it!

Room Tip: Have more time to locate accommodations on your own and NOT depend on a family member finding your l...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sonia B
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4th of july, and could not enjoy it due to a drunk guy wanting to fight everybody. The lobby smells like mildew, and the places hallways smell like weed. Told front desk manager Who couldnt manage a wet a paper sack. and he said he take care of it. It still stunk after the only person that was helpful was a guy named jon.we thought he was the manager at first. Place sucks

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank trucker833
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed here for a couple nights only to be ridiculed and challenged to a fight by a guy who appeared to be drunk. We were told by a front desk lady that he's harmless. There was also a strong odor of pot on the second floor that permeated throughout the entire hallway and elevator. Again I alerted the front desk and was told that they would take care of it which never happened. So if you're looking for a place to stay, don't go here. It's a real dive.

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparks
Victorian Inn
Victorian Inn
#9 of 17 in Sparks
The Sands Regency Casino Hotel
Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks
Western Village Inn & Casino
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno

Been to Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!