“Great Stay”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Sparks
northern ca.
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Although I've stayed at many hotel/casinos in Reno, this was my first stay at the Nugget. I had a huge, room on the 23rd floor overlooking the eastern mountains. This king room included a nice sofa, and a table and 2 cushy chairs, and I was very pleased with the overall appearance and decor of the room. The room was large enough to be a suite. The king bed was very comfortable. I only paid $39 for a Friday night which is a great deal for a room in Reno on a week-end night, which is why I chose the Nugget to begin with. I went down in the evening and played the slots and did very well, and came back $200 richer! I also ate at the Rotisserie buffet and it was seafood night and the food was excellent! the waiter mentioned that all their seafood was fresh. This stay was a stop-over on my way home from a personal business trip. And the freeway exits and entrances(I-80) are right there, so conveinient! I'm so glad I chose the Nugget and will look forward to another stay there in the future.

Room Tip: I was in the West tower, ask for a high floor as possible for the views. Although it was the week-en...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
janugget_pr, Public Relations Manager at Nugget Casino Resort, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay!

We hope to see you again soon!

PR Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
ducka62
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We received a great offer in the mail from John Ascuagas Nugget in Sparks and took advantage of it.
The hotel's east tower has been renovated which was very nice and the room was spacious. The only downside is the odd numbered rooms in the east tower are near the freeway and a street. The noise made it hard for us to fall asleep as well as waking us up during the night.
I would ask for a room on the even side in the east tower if we stay again.
Great bell desk, valet, house keeping and front desk services.

Room Tip: East Tower even numbered room opposite the freeway
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent stay! We're happy to hear you took advantage of one of the great offers we have right now.

We hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reno, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was single handedly the worst experience I have ever had sleeping in a hotel. The reason for the 2 stars is that we did have fun in the casino but I doubt I'd stay here again.

Around 2:30am we heard loud banging coming from outside. We looked out the window to see a massive truck with claw like arms lifting and loading containers onto the train. It was going down the train line loading each car sometimes with 2 containers per rail car. It was a slow process and very loud. It made sleeping impossible. We are locals so at 3:30am we packed up and went home. There was no reason to get another room at that point.

We stayed in the King Suite on the 10th floor on the South side of the East Tower.

My advice to you is if you must stay here & need peace and quiet, sleep in the West Tower on the North side. That will look out onto the freeway but at least you won't be on the train side with a loading facility in your immediate backyard.

Room Tip: North side West Tower is probably the quietest side of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Kendahl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I'm very sorry for the noise you heard during your stay. The Nugget is currently undergoing a $50 million dollar renovation that will address some of the issues you mentioned in your review.

We hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

PR Manager

Travellers are raving about these Sparks hotels

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was playing a slot machine in the casino and my wife hit a jackpot on the other side of the carrousel. So I stepped around to the other side and as I did I heard my slot machine make the printer sound as they do when you print your cash ticket. There was a man standing at my machine who grabbed the ticket and went walking to the cashiers cage. So I followed him, loudly asking for security, and he has my ticket. So, he new I was following him, I continued to ask for help. Eventually, someone did come and stopped the man, so I caught them and explained that he took my ticket, I told them how much the ticket was worth and what machine it came from to varify that my machine had the same value as the ticket. The man that took my ticket admitted to it in front of security. So security asked me if I wanted to press charges. I am from Washington State so I did not want to come back in 5 months for trial. I asked if they were going to do anything as it is against the law to take money out of a machine that is not yours. They said "no". I know El Dorado and Silver Legacy would not have treated me that way. I will never go back, because the nugget in Sparks does not care about there players. Do not go there, because I and probably you will not get any support with people how frequent the place looking to ripe people off because I guess they know the nugget will not do anything to them. Stay away.

Room Tip: I would not stay in a room, because of my experience they to not care about there guests.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovthesites
Saratoga, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed at the west tower on the 12th floor. The room was facing the railroad side, and it was NOISY! So noisy that I woke up at least 3 times at night. Crazy.... I have never stayed at a hotel with this much of noisy level.

Room: pretty old and outdated, no flat TV, old bed, old furniture....maybe >20years old? Amenities are pretty cheap stuffs. You may want to bring your own soap, shower gel, and shampoo.

Staff; pretty kind and nice.

Restaurant: not many choices. We tried the noodle place. the food was OK, but no place to eat the food. need to bring them back to our room.

Swimming pool: good feature, but tooooo many people.

Value: Great value. can not beat that! That's why I am not giving one star. Considering the price I paid, this hotel may be even worth 2.5.

Location: right by the highway. Is it good or bad?

Room Tip: ask for a room in East side... I hope that side is better. be ready with swimming gears if your kid...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing your most recent visit to the Nugget. The Nugget is currently undergoing a $50 million dollar renovation, that will address some of the items you mentioned in your comments.

As far as restaurants, we currently have Rosie's Cafe, The Oyster Bar, the Steakhouse Grill, The Rotisserie Buffet and the Noodle Hut to choose from on your visit. The Noodle Hut has limited seating during renovations, but will feature expanded seating once the renovations in that area are complete on June 1.

We hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Visited in mid-Jan. for conference. Had to wait at airport an extra 20mins for shuttle as it was not on schedule. Check in fairly swift despite long lines. Room in east tower was large, clean & had coffee maker. Odd that there was not a mini-fridge or microwave. Staff at check in was friendly but they were the only ones. Staff in restaurants were very rude, esp. in Rosies when it was busy. Same experience for friends who dined without us. Restaurants closed early, esp. on weekend nights or they had limited hours.They knew of the large crowd for this conference as they have hosted it before, yet they did not seem to have enough staff. Bartenders would ignore guests and seemed grumpy as well. Security was fairly friendly and there was a lot of security making sure children did not stop in casino for even a second. Starbucks in lobby was a great convenience, esp. when we tired of rude rest. staff. Game room for kids was terrible. Many games did not work and it took 50 tickets to get a tootsie roll(vs 2 tickets in downtown Reno circus circus casino).Pool was nice, pretty view, large and clean.No concierge and it was difficult to get local information from the staff working the desk across from check in. Free parking, which we used later in our stay, was fairly available.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent visit to the Nugget. We strive to deliver great customer service, and it sounds like that's not what you received on your most recent visit.

The Nugget is currently undergoing a $50 million dollar renovation that will include a number of upgrades, including the restaurants and the arcade. We've also expanded our restaurant hours since your visit in January.

We hope you'll stay tuned for the renovations and give us another chance to make this right in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

East wing decor more up to date than west wing decor. Large rooms and pleasant in both wings. The rooms are very nice. The pool area provides adequate chaise lounges and a nice place to spend time. The casino reeks of smoke and is not adequately filtered from other areas of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
Hi Abby,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent visit to the Nugget. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay over all.

The Nugget is currently undergoing a $50 million dollar renovation that will include a complete update of the HVAC and smoke filtering system.

We hope you'll stay with us again in the future to see the exciting changes and upgrades we have in store!

PR Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparks
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Victorian Inn
Victorian Inn
#6 of 17 in Sparks

Been to Nugget Casino Resort? Share your experiences!