“Ate at the restaurant and food was good and filling! Good value!”
Review of Sierra Sid's

Sierra Sid's
Ranked #18 of 22 things to do in Sparks
Las Vegas, Nevada
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Ate at the restaurant and food was good and filling! Good value!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I ate at the restaurant here. It is a truck stop, and that usually means "trucker" portions. We ordered our dishes and when they brought them out to us, I was a bit disappointed at the portions. The food wasn't spectacular, but still pretty good. As we were finishing our dinner, our server returned and asked us if we wanted drink refills and seconds. Seconds? I asked. Our server replied, "Yes, you get seconds here." So we ordered seconds and it was filling. Never been offered seconds before, it was awesome! I did not leave disappointed after all. Truly a good value!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JandJ2001

Somerset, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truck stop with a casino”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Good place to fuel the car up and grab a coffee. Did not eat or enter the casino. Easy access off of rt. 80.

Visited June 2013
Beijing, China
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Friendly Place”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I had a great time playing the old slot machines; nickels actually dropped out. And, the Sports Book guys were great in helping me place a bet on the Superbowl. Also, this place has a really good restaurant with good wholesome food and a great salad bar. It is in walking distance to the Western Village Inn.

Visited February 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Truckers - Great Location for a break”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This is where we stay in Reno/Sparks about once a week! Exit 19 of I-80. We love the area, you can walk about 2 blocks to the Sparks Marina and have a nice walk around the lake. Stop off at the Legends Mall for some window shopping or a movie. Check out my review of the Legends Mall.

The showers at this place are amazing! Clean, roomy and with big fluffy white towels, not like that other chain where the blue towels look like shop towels.

The restaurant staff is very nice and attentive and they have a typical TA menu.

I only gave it 4 stars for 3 reasons:
1. They are doing construction on the fuel island for truckers and that makes it a little difficult. This will last months.
2. The convenience store is not well managed. They are frequently out of coffee or some staple and it's dark and crowded. Not a typical TA store.
3. There is only one exit and it can be a booger to find and get out of because there is road construction on that street.

Inspite of those things we always enjoy our stay here!

Visited September 2012
Reno, NV
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“It's a truck stop”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Some okay restaurants, but it is basically just a truck stop with a small casino. Not a place you'd go out of your way to visit, see, etc.

Visited December 2011