“Nice Place for Lunch”

La Fuente
Ranked #73 of 262 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stopped in on a weekday for lunch. We were seated immediately and the server came right over to take our drink orders.

We both ordered the enchiladas lunch meals. I had cheese enchiladas and my husband had the chicken enchiladas. They were good, not great. They did not have the usual ranchero sauce on them, just lots of melted cheese. They came with rice and beans. The lunches were definitely on the large side. They also brought out chips and salsa with our drink orders.

The service was very good.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The Shrimp Cocktails are yummy! Done in a Ceveche' style. Chips and Salsa are good too. Just wish the Cameron Cocktails where a bit cheaper....12 something each.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Awesome food and excellent service all at a very reasonable rate. From the moment we walked in we felt welcomed, the wait staff is knowledgeable and efficient. The food is authentic and scrumptious. The owner, Irma introduced herself and recognized us as new customers. When the bill came I was quite satisfied. We will be returning and I know I'll recommend this wonderful place. BTW there is a large room for parties and a patio out front to enjoy the Nevada sun.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

A nice small restaurant:
I enjoy their corn chips: the sauce is thin: a watery tomato sauce with large chucks of onions and other items, the taste overall is good, personal I would like a little more heat.
I had their #16 Combination plate: The Chicken Taco was nice, soft corn with a nice amount of shredded chicken. Had beef in the other items, it is very nice they do not use ground beef, it is shredded beef.
Wife had #32 a shrimp in a garlic sauce with onions and bell peppers served over rice.
Both dishes were well prepared, the taste is very central costal Mexico.
Service was good, drink were filled when empty, food served in timely manner, extra chips offered
We will go to this place again

Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is the most wonderful meal we've had at a Mexican restaurant in a long time! The service was wonderful, the food was amazing,with beautiful presentation. The mariachis were delightful. Definitely a place we will visit again the next time we are in the Reno-Sparks area!

Been to La Fuente? Share your experiences!