Western Village Inn & Casino
US$175
US$110
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssparks marinareno sparkscafe belliniseparate buildingthe mexican restaurantblackjack tablesin room coffeerooms are cleanshower headthe room was nicecasinowilliespeppermillpetsfreewaynvregistration
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We booked this place when we were in NV for the National Bowling Tournament in Reno. The pictures on their website made the place look very nice. When we got there to check in, we found it sitting behind a truck stop. I was NOT happy from the first sight. We checked in and had to cross the parking lot to another building. Our room smelled horrible. We asked for non-smoking and I doubt that is what we got. The room was seriously outdated and not as clean as I was hoping. The gal at the check in desk was very nice, so I will give it a 2 for that.

Room Tip: Unless you want to spend all day and night in the casino, I would not book here. I needed sleep after we drove 13 hrs and had to be to the bowling center at 6 am. Sleep is not what I got. People constantly running the halls making noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Director_Peppermill, Manager at Western Village Inn & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

We appreciate all feedback from our guests so thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Western Village. Your insight is extremely valuable to us and helps us learn from our shortcomings.

I am truly sorry to hear that your experience at Western Village was less than perfect. While I am very pleased to see that you received friendly service from our Front Desk team, I am disappointed to learn that your accommodations did not exceed your expectations. We are currently in the process of remodeling the rooms in our hotel, but I do apologize that we seemed to have fallen short of our standards in regards to the cleanliness.

I would love the opportunity to personally speak with you and gain additional information about your experience. As I mentioned before, we take to heart all of our guest comments and your feedback helps us to improve our quality for future guests. I have sent you a private message through Trip Advisor with the best way to contact me.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed 1 night passing through over Thanksgiving weekend. Check-in process was lengthy, although staff were friendly. Public spaces are loud, smoky and tacky.

Rooms were spacious but dated, not very clean, and oddly decorated. Rooms were a combination of black zebra-patterned carpet, dated high-gloss furniture, and Japanese-style lamps. Bathroom was very small, with ornate mirror and light fixture but tiny sink with no counter and ugly old vinyl floor. Hair and dirt were evident in the room and bathroom. Beds were just average comfort; my son swore his bed linens had not been changed.

Low price, but next time I will pay a little more to pay somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: Recommend end of hallway on upper floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dirtdivaboi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to Western Village. Our team works hard to ensure that our guests are well taken care of during their visit and I am glad to hear that you received hospitable service from our Front Desk team.

I sincerely apologize that your accommodations did not exceed your expectations. We are in the process of renovating the rooms in our hotel so hopefully on your next visit you will be able to enjoy the improvements we are making. I am also sorry that the cleanliness of your room was not up to your standards. Our Housekeeping team does a wonderful job at maintaining the cleanliness of the entire property and I apologize that we fell below our standards.

When you have a free moment, I would love the opportunity to personally speak with you and gain additional information regarding your visit. Your insight is extremely valuable to us and helps us to learn from our shortcomings. I have sent you a private message through Trip Advisor with the best way to contact me.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Admittedly the place looks like a dump from the outside, and you have to walk through a casino reeking of smoke to register and check in. But, it's pet friendly ($10 pet fee) and I got an amazingly cheap room on the internet. Ok, so the carpet is scary and mismatched, the baseboards are missing in the hall, there is sticky stuff all over the parking lot (which is filled with drunk people driving) - yes, it was all very disheartening, BUT...the actual room was good. Clean linens, clean room, nothing broken. And there is a nice park within walking distance as well as a marina to walk the dog along. A terrific value for the price. The towels were threadbare with a few holes but they were clean. I would actually stay here again due to the fact the room itself was good and a fabulous deal. Shopping center and restaurants nearby. Very close to the interstate also. Don't trust the exterior - the interior is so much better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Director_Peppermill, Manager at Western Village Inn & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Western Village. From your profile I can tell that you are an avid traveler and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

I am glad to hear that your accommodations exceed your expectations and you found the quality of the room to be up to your standards. Our team works very hard to maintain the cleanliness and integrity of the entire property. However, I am sorry to see that you were disappointed with the exterior of our hotel. We are currently in the process of renovating the hotel, so hopefully on your next visit, you will be able to notice the improvements that we are making.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Western Village in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean and the staff is pleasant. We stay here a lot. Its right off the 80 interstate and there is a lot of open parking. They also have a great Mexican restaurant. The casino has huge tv screens that show views from around the world.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had a nice room on the first floor overlooking the lake. This works so well for us because our little dog travels with us. He loves walking along the lake shore and meeting other people and dogs. The hotel and casino are not great looking from the outside, but are owned by the Peppermill, and this is obvious inside. The Steakhouse is excellent, with great food and service. I have paid two to three times as much for dinners that were not nearly as good.
We first stayed because they allowed dogs, but now would stay because of the hotel itself.
Great price too!

Room Tip: Room overlooking the lake is nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family