“Time has not been good to Harvey's”
Review of Harveys Lake Tahoe

Harveys Lake Tahoe
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 April 2014

While the views are spectacular...........and I came here for two purposes: one to play golf at Edgewood which is divine, and two, to play cards/blackjack.......which was very unappealing, there is only ONE way to describe this place........dingy. Not dirty........dingy. It just has an old, worn feel, like an older motel...........or diner.........nothing new or updated or modern about the place. Except possibly the check in area desks and computer. But the rooms, though comfortable and adequately furnished are nothing to write home about. However, Tahoe in general is a BEAUTIFUL place. And you can't miss the lake, golf course, scenery, etc. generally in the area. But Harveys itself? MEH!

Casino games appeared dated.......at least didn't notice newer slot machines though I'm not too much of a slot person. But I DO play and enjoy blackjack. Rules are horrible unless you play higher limit games. 6-5 paid on BJ......which EVERYONE should avoid if possible. But if you bet at a higher minimum table they didn't have that rule. Regular 3-2 paid on blackjack. But can only double 9-10-11. So just make sure you watch what games you play.

Harveys is owned by Harrah's corporation, now Ceasars Entertainment since they bought each other or merged. Harrah's across street is listed as better property and the casino is newer appearing. Same rules on games, though. Connected by underground walkway with Cabo Wabo Cantina in bottom between the two.

Overall, just a little disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank M J

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Once upon a time, this was one of the best hotels in South Lake Tahoe. Today, it's clean, has nice views and a great staff. The hotel rooms are large but dated. The bathroom has a tub and separate shower. There are two vanities with marble countertops. It is unfortunate that the ownership by Caesar's International has not seen fit to upgrade the property. It is still probably one of the better properties in the area. The midweek rates are low.

Room Tip: 1. Ask for lake view room. 2. The parking garage is dirty and poorly lit. 3. Beware of the RESORT...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RickMiller
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We recently spent 12 nights in SLT and stayed at Harveys. A long time ago, my husband and I used to live in SLT so when we got the opportunity to go back we really didn't look past Harveys.

The location is great however thats about where it ends.

I am from Australia and indoor smoking has been banned for 5+ years, to go back to Harveys each day I got extremely sick because people smoke in the casino all day, honestly this was not something I thought about when booking, however if your sensitive to ALOT of smoke, think again.

Our room was very noisy on the first night, a group was having a party in the hall and knocking on all the doors all night. When I asked reception to change rooms the next day they said no initially because I hadn't called security the night before, we eventually got moved to a room on a lower floor.

The hot tub was located in the gym and was hard to get to, always crowded and not the kind of thing you want to get into!! This is a shame when your on a Ski holiday.

$11 per day for wifi for 1 device is ridiculous, no breakfast and no coffee machine in any of the rooms unless you ask for it and then they dont refill the coffee later in the week

For the price, I would stay somewhere else if your going to SKI and visit SLT.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hubby and I stayed for one night to attend a concert at the venue. We had what they call a "view" room on the higher floor facing the south side of the lake. The room was beautiful, had a gorgeous vew, nice bathroom, room was clean, bed and pillows were really comfy. No coffee maker, though, kind of weird these days. Free parking. Location is fantastic to shops and resaurants outside of the hotel. There are also plenty of restaurants and bars within this hotel and the adjoining Harrah's hotel. Can't wait to come back again, I wished we had stayed more than one night! Definitely upgrade to a "view" room. The lesser rooms we've stayed at in the past are only average.

Room Tip: Go for a "view" room or better. Average rooms are just that - average.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clearview3000
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great location, close to everything. Harvey's is connected via a tunnel to Harrah's which is convenient as well. Heavenly ski resort is only a few blocks away , as is heavenly village as well. We loved the StrawHat Grille Restaurant located in Harvey's... great prices, great wings and pizza. Overall the roooms were really nice and we didn't have any problems at all. Also loved the view at the restaurant on the 19th floor, definitely go up for happy hour for half price drinks and enjoy the view of Lake Tahoe and the mountains. Also, I used the workout room during the day which was really nice, and the hot tub after skiing. Would definitely stay there again, the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank DianeMn
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We were there for three nights and had a great room #1222. The view was lakeside. The room was spacious and clean. Bed linens perfect, bed a little hard as well as the pillows. The frig is hidden under the TV. There was a hair dryer but no coffee maker. The bathroom had a nice soaking size tub with a separate room with a shower and sink. There is an additional sink w/makeup area and the toilet in its own little room. The closet had plenty of hangers and an extra blanket. The heater worked fast and was easy to control on a digital keypad.

The casino offers a free craps instruction class on Fri/Sat afternoon at 5 pm. It's well worth the time if you want to learn the game.

It's about a 7 minute walk to Heavenly Village and the gondola ride to the top. The pool and hot tub are outside but heated to perfect temps. Towels available on the way in.

The gym is amazing for the size and variety of equipment. You can do a full weight workout, 4 treadmills, 2 eliptical or bike, and a few mats for yoga as well as some bosu and a Smith machine. Towels and water available here. Great view from the treadmills, too.

If we visit again, we'll definitely book this room again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Jeanette H
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed at Harvey's for the past 5 years and always stay in the rooms on the upper level. I booked adjoining rooms in October 2013 requesting the 19th floor for our trip in March 2014. When I booked the room, I mentioned this trip was a special event. My 50th birthday and my mom's first trip out west, so it was very important to get a room with a view of the mountains and lake. Upon arrival the best room the management could give us was the 6th floor. I was very disappointed, but that was all that was available in both Harrah's and Harveys. So we took the room and said we would return to pick up the keys when the room was ready.

When we returned Frank Martinez was at the service desk. Frank was able to offer us the 16th floor in two days. So for 2 days we would be on the 6th floor and then he would move our luggage to the 16th floor. Thank goodness for Frank, because the 6th floor rooms did not have a view of anything but a brick wall. Frank was great to work with and he gave me his card for next year. Later during our stay he even came up to my mom and I in the casino and asked us if we liked the room. I thought this was so very nice and personal, since I'm sure he sees many people all day long and he remembered us just by walking past us.

I love Harvey's and will return next year. Thanks Frank for making this a special trip for my family. It was very important to have a beautiful view especially for my mom, since she has never been out west. Your great customer service made this happen!!

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms upper levels offer great views of the mountains and lake.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sfeustle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#9 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!