“Room Okay; but Questionable Housekeeping Response and Policy” 3 of 5 bubbles

Harveys Lake Tahoe
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, California
“Room Okay; but Questionable Housekeeping Response and Policy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed one daynight and all went well until after we checked out. My companion left her platinum necklace with crystal pendant attached next to the TV. Initially I emailed the hotel; they responded by advising I contact housekeeping via telephone. I followed the instruction and encountered a rude person who advised that "nothing was found." Because we knew we left the necklace in the room, I countered that her response should (more sensitively) have been "...nothing was TURNED IN...." (because there is a distinct difference in "nothing being found" and "nothing being turned in.") Her response to me was "Our policy is to state that northing was found." Rather than argue with her, I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager. The staff member stated she would transfer me to security. Long story short: the security person was great, with a great attitude. After an investigation, he called me back and correctly reported that "nothing had been turned in by any housekeeping staff member."

Room Tip: Double check whether you have all of your belongings! Noise from the elevator can be distracting an...
2 Thank tony4307

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (810)
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

the check in is very quick. the room is clean and comfortable, with reasonable price.
the location is convenient to the business area and restaurant.
i had a bid window that can see street view and lake view at the same time.
i will consider harveys as my first choice if i visit lake tahoe next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

What a great area of the US and a wonderful hotel. Wonderful room ( lake view), very clean and comfortable. Casino was very nice. Has a tunnel to go from Harveys to Harrahs that is really convenient. Food was excellent and service was perfect. Very friendly environment. Would stay at Harveys again and again and again.

Room Tip: make sure to reserve in advance and be specific if you want a mountain or lake view.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were in NV for a family gathering and at the last minute found ourselves in Tahoe for a quick visit we weren't planning on. We picked a room here and were not disappointed, very clean and comfortable. My only complaint was the pushiness we encountered with their people trying to push a time share speech on their new property by enticing us with free lake cruise tickets. But they are just doing their job...nothing to make us upset about our hotel choice at all. Beds were comfortable and we got a partial lake view which was nice. Non-smoking rooms had no smoke odor whatsoever, which was very pleasant given we were staying in a highly smoker-friendly area. The casino was nice as well and we did enjoy our stay. It is not necessary to use the valet parking, and we chose to park on our own. Everyone was very friendly with directions, etc. No complaints. We aren't really casino people so probably won't stay again, but I would recommend to anyone who is interested in such a stay. Just note they do tack on a "resort fee" so you want to make sure the price they quote includes that...and they allow free wi-fi for one device only per room...extra devices incur a $10.95 per device charge. Also, do NOT eat at the buffet across the street at Harrah's...see my review for that one.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have better view of the lake.
Green Features: They do encourage less washing of towels and sheets.
2 Thank CONatureGirl
Napa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Whenever I score a good deal on Priceline, I get nervous about what room I’m going to get. Will I be slumming it in a basement room with exposed pipes? Exiled to the outdated wing that’s about to be demolished? Stuffed into a janitor’s closet? None of these things have ever happened to me, even with my many experiences with Priceline, so why do I think such things? The truth is, I don’t know, and I needn’t have feared in this case either. Check-in was quick and easy, bell service was very helpful, and the room was quite nice. We were very satisfied with our 6th floor room facing north, with a view of the parking structure (not as bad as that sounds) and the mountains beyond (gorgeous). The view wall bumps out in a “V” shape, affording views to the northeast (mountains) and northwest (lake). Colors of the room were muted but tasteful, a contrast to our nearly-gaudy room in Reno on the previous night. The bed was comfortable, and furnishings were better than adequate. There was a just noticeable amount of wear in the carpeting, but not very bad. What really made us “ooh” and “aah” was the surprisingly nice bathroom, set up like a suite with 3 separate rooms within the room: one for the vanity sink, one for the toilet, and the third for tub, shower stall, and a second sink and mirror. All of these done up in nice stonework. A closet within the vanity room also provided a full-length mirror within its sliding doors. Ironing board, iron, and hair dryer were available for use. A small refrigerator in the room allowed us to store our own food and drink items. The room did not have a coffeemaker, but the bellman told me that if I called the front desk, they would have one sent up, so I did and they did. The challenge was then to find a place to plug in the coffeemaker; no easy task, since the room lacks available outlets, and the ones we found were not in convenient spots for a coffeemaker. I ended up plugging it in at the bathroom vanity counter.
We very much enjoyed our time at the pool—Be careful, there’s very little shade available, but the mountain views are worth the possible sunburn. Pool temp was perfect, and the loungers quite comfortable. The nearby fitness center has plenty of machines and free weights, and the adjoining locker and shower room has a sauna and steam room, an unexpected and greatly appreciated luxury.
An onsite Starbucks was the source of our morning coffee, and we lunched in the Hard Rock Café in the casino. Plenty of other eating places are also within walking or quick driving distance. Drive a few short blocks west on Stateline Avenue to the lake, and for $5 you can enjoy a very nice park with sandy beach, canoe rentals, and a burger stand. The bell desk kindly stored our luggage after checkout while we lunched.
See my picture of the notice explaining the resort fees. I still disapprove of this practice, but I have also become accustomed to it, and I don’t bother to complain. When logging on to the in-room wifi, it will look like you will be charged for it again, but don’t be alarmed—it is included in the resort fee, and you won’t be double-charged. The wifi wouldn’t work on the 2nd day, which they explained was a hotel-wide breakdown, and they got it restored before too long. Other than that, it was good and fast internet service.
We enjoyed Harvey’s very much. We may want to try some other neighboring properties, but I predict that we will one day be back to Harvey’s.

Room Tip: A power strip would be good to have with you. Electrical outlets are few and hard to get to.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank B_Pope
Lompoc, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Reserved a one bed, nonsmoking room for my husband and me on their website. At the same time, my daughter reserved a 2 bed nonsmoking room for her husband and son on the same website. The quoted prices only differed by $6. When we got here, we discovered that we were in 2 different towers. When we asked to move her to our tower they said it would be $30 more per night because of "different configurations" and that rates were different depending on time of reservation. The distance between the towers is ridiculous . And the dinner at the buffet at Harrah's, also owner of Harvey's, was lukewarm and basically not very good. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank obwan47
norwalk ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

came back again from our reno trip. and actually had good weather time. the others we were either snowed fogged or rained out.. got a good deal on the room but they hit you with a $20 a day resort charge for internet and pool/exercise use which I think is kind of tacky this day and age.just a way to pump up some money.

5 Thank dluep1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,028 reviews
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!