“Wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had my wedding ceremony at the Chapel at Harvey's and my reception in the Tallac room on June 21st. It was absolutely perfect. We live in Oregon so we did all planning over the internet, Scott was wonderful and helped make our big day exactly how we wanted it. The food was amazing, the DJ (Bart Libby) was great and the photographer (Lake Tahoe Studios) took stunning pictures. There isn't one thing we should change about the day, everything went perfect, smooth and exactly how we wanted our day to go! Big thanks to everyone at Harvey's for making my day so special and perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kaci B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (811)
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ok I'm going to do my best to keep this short! On our way to Oregon (driving, from Arizona). Priceline'd this alleged "4 Star" rated hotel. We were awarded Harvey's Lake Tahoe for a price of $66.36 plus a $20.00 "resort" fee to use the pool, workout room and to have access to free internet for only ONE device. So upon driving up to this place it looks decent from the outside but as you begin to approach from the parking garage you slowly realize this place is a DUMP! Fremont Street in Vegas shows better than this. This place is just plain filthy. Puke and urine smells in the stairwells of the parking garage and broken doors. We didn't catch this until we return to our car about 30 minutes after registering, when we retreated. Doors are scratched and faded. Elevators are slow and always packed. The lobby area is crowded and cramped. I asked the rep why they were so busy and she said " oh this happens every week." I thought cool, the rooms must be nice. Not. The waiting area for the elevators is the size of a jail cell, as are the landing areas to each floor. The hallways to the rooms were so narrow I felt like I was a giant. The room with the parking lot and roof view smelled musky. You could see the dust that outlined the pieces of furniture in the room on the carpet. Scuff marks on the walls, the doorknobs had fingerprints on them as well as the bathroom glass door. Oh and the bed! I've slept on better sofa pull outs. Ok, I have a 9 and 8 year old boys and a 2.5 year old daughter and just could not let them sleep in this room. It was nasty! Priceline claims this is a "4 Star " resort!? This places fails! Wow! I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever stay at this place again! We called Priceline and they refused to refund us or even help us find another place to stay. We ended up packing up all the stuff we drug in and hightailed it out of there..to a Marriot Courtyard in Carson City. This place is just terrible. Stay away! Far away! This is not a family friendly place either and the place just seemed to have a weird mix of people. Save your money and stay at the marriot Carson city just 30 minutes north, you will be glad you did. And for all you who say, Hey man! You get what you pay for. You are absolutely right. But this place is still a dump.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a good room in the building.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank bgas01
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

After a while, most casino hotels melt into one - including this one. BUT! Given some of the other options - that's OK. Large room, great bathroom. They let me check in 30 minutes early. Nothing to complain about. It's good - just not great. REMEMBER: they'll add on that "resort fee" which I have yet to figure out what that gets anyone!!

Room Tip: Resort Fee!! And for what?
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Was booked to stay at the end of March for a quick 2-day ski trip with my son. During the first day skiing received a call of a family emergency that required us to leave. We left the slopes, packed, and checked out (a day early), During the checkout process the clerk (who was very nice) asked if everything was ok (I was visibly upset). I explained we had an emergency that required us to leave and she excused herself and went to speak with someone else. When she returned she said that we would not be charged for the night we were missing. I hadn't asked for any refund, but was super excited they offered since I had already spent so much money. Well, fast forward a month and my credit card statement arrives with the charge, the credit, and a couple of days later the charge again. When I called they said it was a mistake and shouldn't of happened. She told me that I should of left earlier - really? I guess next time I should plan an earlier emergency! Terrible customer service - will never stay at one of their resorts again.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank JAK1227
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This past weekend we took off to Lake Tahoe for a few days of R & R. Staff at the hotel were helpful & polite. On the casino floor there is some work being completed. Staff were helpful in directing & assisting if you were looking to go to Harrah's across the street. The room was clean & quite.

Stayed June 2014
Northen Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

In this day and age of luxury resort casinos, Harvey's feels somewhat cheap and dated.

Pros:
- great location
- great restaurant on 19th floor
- good arcade
- decent price

Cons:
- resort fee, which is just a way to lie on reservation web sites
- dated look and feel
- no inexpensive restaurant
- too many things were closed or had limited hours
- refusal to open new tables when all the seats at blackjack were full

The main thing I recall from this stay last week is that we found a pair of women's panties hanging from the lamp in the room. I'll give them a slight pass for that, but they weren't hard to spot. Cleaning people should always check under furniture and related areas for items like that.

The blackjack complaint is that there are people standing around waiting to play on the low limit tables, and not a soul playing high limit, but they don't adjust the number of tables accordingly.

Overall, I would probably not stay here again, but I might go the the 19th floor restaurant again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JimboBauer
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We spent two nights in Lake Tahoe. The room was clean and the service excellent. Check in and out was quick and painless. The view of the lake was beautiful. We will stay here again on our next visit to Lake Tahoe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Lake; it is well worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,029 reviews
No photo provided
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!