“Fun, fun, fun.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Fun, fun, fun.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This casino/ hotel has very comfortable rooms and good service. The casino is one of two under the same umbrella providing good accommodation. The prices were reasonable and within reason negotiable. A place I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher levels have great views of either the mountains or the lake.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
Orcutt, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Back in May of 2014 I visited Lake Tahoe. I went for a wedding so I did not book my own room. The bride had made the arrangements for family coming in from out of town. I have visited before many times, but most times I stayed in cabins, or condos, for week long or weekend skiing trips. There are few places as beautiful as Lake Tahoe in the summer and it did not disappoint. However, Harvey's resort left a little on the table. Granted it is not a new building, and they are trying to put a new touch on an old structure, but it is old, and the rooms are very plain. Our room was clean, but there was an odor of some sort that persisted throughout the weekend. Like that of cigarette smoke from years gone by. The beds were comfortable, but the appointments were not what you would expect from a large, established, resort hotel and casino. The parking is difficult to reach if you leave from the hotel lobby, having to cross and traverse a very busy driveway. That is unless you go through the casino, which I did not always want to do. And access to the street is again difficult if you exit the hotel lobby. Again, much easier if you go through the casino. In the old days of these places, that is what is was all about, the casino, but now people travel there to do much more. There is room for improvement and remodeling. As far as the staff goes, those I spoke to were very nice and very helpful. They are trying hard to make it a pleasant experience, but they have some old material to work with. It was not what I expected.

Room Tip: Try to get one facing the lake
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian D
Redding
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Well here goes, very disappointed. We had booked a king bed room and in the request I noted to book my room away from elevators* and ice machines. Pretty simple right, especially with so many floors and rooms in the high rise hotel! I booked a week in advance and received confirmation for the king bed. Upon arrival, they told me that they had sold out of the king rooms but had "upgraded us to a 2 bed queen room". I told them it was not an upgrade and we wanted a king bed, nope. Then we check in and our room shared a wall with the elevator shaft*, the headboard of the bed was against the elevator shaft wall and with over 16 floors you can imagine that we did not receive any sleep due to the ongoing loud elevator noise. We were on the 14th floor and we are guessing this is the floor assigned to people who bring dogs. We saw many people in the hallway walking their dogs and the area near the elevators smelled like urine. At 6am, we were awakened by a large dog barking down the hallway. The online posted room rate is very misleading as each room is also charged an automatic room fee of about $22, not optional. They say it is for use of the onsite gym and for intranet in the room. When I used their password to sign into the intranet, then it said it would charge us about $16 per day to use the intranet, so the room fee was just to have the ability to sign in, but does not include free Wi-Fi. Wow. The main desk lamp between the two queen beds was not working, possibly the light bulb was burned out, but at that point I was so discouraged about the entire stay I did not mention to fix it. Upon entering our room on the 14th floor, we could immediately smell smoke which must drift up from the casino? Not sure. There are not any coffee pots in the room either. There is a Starbucks in the lobby. It had 3 people working and a line of about 20 people constantly in the morning between 8-10am when we checked a few times.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ReddingNorCalGal
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Been to all for casinos in South Lake Tahoe area, Harvey's is the best one I recommend going to. They have the comedy show along with Hard Rock Cafe. There slot machines are also loose and have always wondered when visiting. The rooms are clean and the overall Casino is lively.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vegasguy30
Roseville, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very clean--great bed--convenient for gaming--Sage rooms a must for dinner--covered parking - access to Harrah's thru tunnel.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Harvey's location with beautiful views of the lake made it hard to concentrate on our conference. Hotel is very nice, rooms were great, clean and large. We liked that the casino was on the 2nd floor so you didn't have to go through that to get everywhere in the hotel. Meetings rooms and catering were most satisfactory.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level room with views of the lake.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The location of this hotel is great, you are only two blocks from the Lake, but be prepared to pay an entrance fee to the lake if you do not get a voucher from the hotel. I had reserved a room that was a Luxury 2 queen and when I got there they put us on the 5th floor overlooking the roof with a satellite dish. I complained to the desk that I reserved the more expensive room because we wanted the view and they told us that the rooms that were refurbished were the lower floors (from 5th-9th) and the higher floors were the ones that were not, so I told them to give me a higher floor then. There is also a $20 dollar resort fee per day for pool and gym. The room was no different except it had Victorian furniture not modern furniture and we had an unbelievable view of Lake Tahoe. The rooms are very large and the bathrooms are spacious and in 3 separate sections. The hotel is walking distance to Heavenly village and to the Gondola, and connected to Harrah's by tunnel. There is also a parking garage so plenty of parking.

Room Tip: If you want a view of Lake Tahoe ask for Lake Tower and make sure you are higher up.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Theresa W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!