“Nice Hotel with Great Views”
Review of Harveys Lake Tahoe

Harveys Lake Tahoe
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Gatos, California
“Nice Hotel with Great Views”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We had a nice room that over looked a sliver of the lake, but a beautiful view of the mountains. At this hotel, the higher the room, the better the view. As with most Harrah owned hotels that I have stayed in, the bed is a bit hard and the rooms are a bit dated. Stayed in the Lake tower

Room Tip: The higher the better...ask for a view room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (927)
Reviewed 28 August 2014

No plugs for anything, noisy,
upgraded Tv's but that's about it, nice view. Over priced, building has a old and stale smell. Slots were good won few bucks. This would be a great place for 75.00 - 125.00 range but 200.00 a night - not we screwed up.

• Stayed August 2014
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night at this hotel. Once you're passed check in, things go down hill fast.

The hotel carpet is on it's last legs and very dirty.
We stayed in a Mountain double queen room, which is at most 2 star. No in room facilities; coffee maker, bottled water etc.
The beds creaked and groaned when ever engine moved!!
The decor, very tired and in desperate need of a refurb.

The $25 resort fee is a joke. What exactly do you get for your $25???
Wifi for ONE device!! Fitness centre which I'm never going to use.

They then charge you a further $10.95 for any additional wifi devices.. Absolute rip off.

I certainly can't recommend this hotel one bit and I'll be feeding this back to the travel agent I booked with.

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank GColin G
henderson, nv
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We traveled to Stateline, NV (south Lake Tahoe) for an outdoor Sammy Hagar concert. At check-in, we requested a room upgrade and were checked in to room 1501 which has a balcony overlooking the outdoor concert venue. It was a multi-room suite with a bath and a half, bedroom, living room, dining room, etc. The room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. Others have complained about noise, but our room was very very quite. We had panoramic views of the lake and the mountains. Overall, a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Spend the money. Book a balcony suite. Cost in August was around $300.
2 Thank brendakaynv
California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is our second stay at Harvey's in the last three weeks. Both times we took our small dog.
The 14th floor is the dog floor. The room was great and there was no dog smell. Minimal dog barking during the day. None at night. Room came with 2 metal dog dishes and mat for dishes, dog pooh bags and a bag of dog treats.
I highly recommend when traveling with dogs to S. Lake Tahoe you stay at Harvey's.

2 Thank TahoeJoe2
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived here to work for 3 days. We aren't partying so rest is crucial. I've been here before and the same thing happened. Slamming doors all night, over and over. Loud slamming heavy doors, bang bang bang. I have to say though the security staff that we worked with at the arena are very nice. Cudos to Chuck and his staff. And maintenance, would you please fix these doors.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Pushrod
Haiku, Hawaii
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I would recommend Harvey's to anyone who loves gambling, dining, and concerts/comedy shows, not to mention a good value for your money. There are lots of slot machines and tables to choose from; I stayed for 5 nights and on the last night got a royal flush! There are also 4 other casinos within walking distance. The location is excellent, close to shops, restaurants, and outdoor activities. We fly to Vegas 2-3 times a year but Tahoe, although much smaller, is one of the most beautiful places in the US. My husband and I love to go hiking and bicycling, there are many trails within walking distance or a short drive of the hotel. We also kayak on the lake and go rafting on the Truckee River, arrangements can be made through the hotel concierge. The Harvey's staff is always so friendly and helpful, the staff at the casino bar, housekeeping, and front desk went out of their way to answer my questions. In fact one of the housekeeping staff/managers delivered some books to my room when I told her I was looking for a book store to buy a mystery. I was very impressed, since she went out of her way to pick two bestselling books! Yes they were books left behind by guests but I appreciated the time and effort that was made. The hotel rates include a gym/workout room, use of the pool, and all the modern amenities that you need. I've stayed at some nice hotels like the Bellagio, Pallazo, and Wynn and although Harvey's is not a 5 star hotel I was very happy with all that it had to offer

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeilanionMaui
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!