“Sushi done well”

Sushi Pier Tahoe
Ranked #10 of 56 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin, Texas
“Sushi done well”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I particularly liked the horseshoe sushi bar. The fish was fresh and the staff was very friendly. We were made to feel like locals.

Visited October 2013

California
“Best all you can eat sushi in Tahoe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

The reason I say that it that I love nigiri sushi, the raw fish on top of sushi rice balls. Those of you that know about nigiri sushi, most sushi restaurants give you a lot of rice compared to the amount of fish. At Sushi Pier in Stateline, the rice portion is very small, maybe 1/3 the amount of fish that they put on top, and I have not seen any other sushi restaurants that give a lot more fish and a lot less rice for your nigiri sushi order. I go for the all you can eat sushi for lunch hour.

San Jose, California
“Excellent service- pretty good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Since I'm not a big sushi person, I had low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. The appetizer platter was very tasty, especially the tempura shrimp! The california long roll was delicious. The waitress went out of her way to explain what it was that we were ordering and make sure we were happy with everything. My wife, the sushi expert said her food was as good as what we get in the Bay Area and she was happy, so I'm happy too!

• Visited September 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Awesome Sushi on the Next Level”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband, 10 yr old daughter and I dropped into Sushi Pier simply because it was within walking distance from our hotel. Our first impression was pure amazement by the amount of fresh fish that was on display at the horseshoe shaped sushi bar. We sat at the bar and watched, with wide eyes, some of the most amazing sushi creations we have ever seen. Everything we ordered tasted fresh and delicious. Portions were great for the price, as well. My daughter's "kids" hand roll and long roll combo was $8.95. When it came, the hand roll was as big as her head! She didn't even need the long roll (which my husband was happy to claim). In addition, their mixed drink menu is fantastic.

• Visited August 2013
“Disappointing after reading previous reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We had high expectations about eating here but were disappointed that the food was only average. The appetisers were good, but the teriyaki dinners weren't. The beef & chicken were overcooked and tough and chewy. The service wasn't great either, they messed up the order and we had to ask twice for soup that should have come with the meal. Our food was bought out at different times, so all 5 of us had to eat at different times! It's a busy restaurant, but we only had to wait 10 mins to be seated. There's only one toilet though, so you might have to wait. We wouldn't bother coming back here. The food overall just wasn't good enough.