“Rice rice rice and Saran Wrap”
Review of Sushi Pier Tahoe

Sushi Pier Tahoe
Ranked #9 of 58 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Went to Sushi Pier for all you can eat dinner. Almost did not go in because the doors were so dirty, but read the reviews. Nice selection. Rolls were very heavy on the rice, not sure if that is a regular thing. One of our rolls had pieces of plastic wrap that did not seem to matter much to the staff. We did get a small discount, but felt the abundance and density of the rice took away from the creativeness of the rolls.

1  Thank rabrassard

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I particularly liked the horseshoe sushi bar. The fish was fresh and the staff was very friendly. We were made to feel like locals.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

The reason I say that it that I love nigiri sushi, the raw fish on top of sushi rice balls. Those of you that know about nigiri sushi, most sushi restaurants give you a lot of rice compared to the amount of fish. At Sushi Pier in Stateline, the rice portion is very small, maybe 1/3 the amount of fish that they put on top, and I have not seen any other sushi restaurants that give a lot more fish and a lot less rice for your nigiri sushi order. I go for the all you can eat sushi for lunch hour.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Since I'm not a big sushi person, I had low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. The appetizer platter was very tasty, especially the tempura shrimp! The california long roll was delicious. The waitress went out of her way to explain what it was that we were ordering and make sure we were happy with everything. My wife, the sushi expert said her food was as good as what we get in the Bay Area and she was happy, so I'm happy too!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband, 10 yr old daughter and I dropped into Sushi Pier simply because it was within walking distance from our hotel. Our first impression was pure amazement by the amount of fresh fish that was on display at the horseshoe shaped sushi bar. We sat at the bar and watched, with wide eyes, some of the most amazing sushi creations we have ever seen. Everything we ordered tasted fresh and delicious. Portions were great for the price, as well. My daughter's "kids" hand roll and long roll combo was $8.95. When it came, the hand roll was as big as her head! She didn't even need the long roll (which my husband was happy to claim). In addition, their mixed drink menu is fantastic.