4,492 results
All reviewslake tahoeseparate bathroomsfull bathroomsfriday's stationexecutive roomfood courtforest buffetdiamond loungeamerican river cafetop floorslot machinestable gamesgreat roomtotal rewardsheavenly gondolacasino floorcasino hotel
Reviewed 8 March 2006

I needed time alone and stayed at Harrah's Tahoe 2/26-3/1/2006. I booked through Harrahs and got a pretty good rate considering it is high season. Average of $110 per night through Total Rewards.

I booked an executive suite. What that means is a regular sized room with a few more creature comforts than perhaps a regular room might offer. (The regular rooms are outstanding by the way and around 500 sq. ft) My room included a coffee maker and fridge as well as a cozy full sized sofa in place of the chairs and chaise. I'm not sure what else is different.
I had a a room on the 15th floor with a view of the lake to the left, with Caesars directly in front and a grove of trees to the right. Room 1532 to be precise. It was ideal. Clean, comfortable and newly remodeled in a mountain chic style. I would have liked the full blackout drapes but the shutters were fine.

The staff was wonderful from start to finish from the accommodating front desk person right through to room service, housekeeping, shops and casino staff.
On my first day I tipped the room service person 20% on top of the 18% they automatically add (I didn't notice that notice on the bottom of the bill) But the next morning and every order after that, I was reminded and they insisted that the gratuity was included and that they did not require any more on top of it. (I gave some anyway)

The casino was classy and refined..more or less. I had to move out of the way of a few stumblers in the later hours but it wasn't a problem. I crossed through the tunnel to Harvey's one evening and it's quite the show over there. Lots going on and lots of players and excitement to be found.

The bell desk is excellent. Very efficient.

Overall, I have nothing bad to say about this resort except that I would have liked to have won a little more in the casino. I will definitely be back to this first class destination resort.

15  Thank Ravanor
Reviewed 3 March 2006

I always use Tripadvisor. With that said, I should have looked past the positive reviews of this place and paid closer attention to the negative ones. A past review I had read about what an awful reservation system Harrah's has, was right on the money. They lost my reservation and then claimed I had reservations in Reno, even though I checked multiple times (even with a supervisor) to make sure my reservation was in Tahoe, not Reno. I think they are desperate to get business up to the Reno hotel or something. This hotel reeks of smoke and the casino is tiny compared to other casinos I have gambled in.

9  Thank osgoodds
Reviewed 24 February 2006

Stayed at Harrahs in early February for five nights based on past positive experience and good input from this site. Our rates were competitive with the other high-end resorts and we were quite happy with the accommodations.
As noted in earlier posts, the bathrooms are great for couples and the room we had on the 17th floor was quite large and provided a great lake view. The buffet on the 18th floor was superb for breakfast. Dinner at Fridays Station was as expected and worth the money. We skied Heavenly twice and the location is convenient for walking if you're so inclined.
We experienced none of the negative items that earlier posts have noted, with the exception of the concierge desk being too busy or not informed during those times when we requested assistance.
We have no reservations about returning to this location at the next opportunity.

6  Thank davyjr
Reviewed 7 February 2006

We were offered a "COMP" trip. $359.00 included air fare for 3-nights. What a mistake... Service was a real joke. hardly anyone speaks english, had items taken from room by hotel employees,rooms dirty. Slots are so tight. You would have more fun making paper airplanes from $1.00 bills and launching them from the roof.Harrah's ----- from start to finish.. You have been warned..

7  Thank Departure10264
Reviewed 21 January 2006

My wife and I stayed at Harrah's and thought it was very comfortable and spacious. We liked the rooms and the two bathrooms were great. The staff at the hotel was very helpful. Make sure you ask for a room on the higher level floors. The 17th floor would be the best since the 18th floor is the top and used for a restaurant. We were on the 4th floor and could not see the lake and had a view of the parking garage. Harrah's is also convenient for the heavenly ski resort gondola. the walk is only about 300 yards. There is obviously casino, which is scaled way down from the harrah's in vegas, but very nice and not as crazy. I would stay here again. It not the ritz, but for 97 a night it is very convenient etc.

Stayed: January 2006