4,498 results
All reviewslake tahoeseparate bathroomsfull bathroomsfriday's stationexecutive roomfood courtforest buffetdiamond loungeamerican river cafetop floorslot machinestable gamesgreat roomtotal rewardsheavenly gondolacasino floorcasino hotel
Reviewed 23 July 2006

We spent one night at Harrah's in July and loved the room. We requested an Executive room on a high floor, newly remodeled, away from the elevator and with a view. We had also asked for non-smoking but there were no more available. They offered us an air cleaner but we found we didn't need it at all. We especially loved the his and hers bathrooms! Would definitely return here again.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
7  Thank 1frequentflyer
Reviewed 18 July 2006

We chose Harrah's for 3 of 7 nights' vacation in SF and Tahoe. I would have preferred a cabin near the lake but my fiance wanted a casino hotel. We were in room 1727 which "faces the lake". I put that in quotes because it does not face the body of the lake but rather one shore. We were told that none of the rooms face squarely towards the lake.

The room itself was comfortable enough although the decor needs updating. The his/hers bathrooms are nice so that you don't have to take turns showering, etc. The hotel supplied shampoo in the men's side was not too pleasant smelling and there was a lingering smell from it so we bought a candle to make the bathroom smell better.

We were below the restaurant and we heard a lot of noises of dishes clinking at night but never did complain, we just left the radio on low at night. We did win over $1600 in the casino and the craps dealers are good and friendly but I don't think we would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank berkshirebt
Reviewed 12 July 2006

My husband and I stayed at Harrah's 6/28-6/30. The room was very clean and we had a nice partial view of Lake Tahoe. It was nice having 2 bathrooms; the "hers" bathroom has all the little extras I like, such as shampoos, lotion, soaps, etc. The shampoo and conditioner in "his" bathroom were in one of those dispensers in the shower. The closet area was large.

We ate dinner one night on the 16th floor restaurant (not the buffet), and it was excellent, with an amazing sunset view. I wouldn't recommend the American River Cafe, though -- the wait was long, and the service and food just ok. Better to go across the street to Harvey's where they have the exact same menu and better service at the Carriage Court restaurant.

Also, Montbleu has taken the place of Caesar's -- very modern and great service.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank Dee
Reviewed 28 June 2006

There's not much to choose from here as far as hotels with casinos. Harvey's and Caesar's Palance were both going through remodels and they desperately needed it. Harrah's had wonderful rooms with these bay windows so you had great views. Each room had his and her bathrooms complete with showers, tubs and televisions of all things. The restaurants were pretty good. There is one on the top floor, can't remember the name but has a spectacular views. You are in walking distance to some wonderful shopping areas and sightseeing.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank DiabloDeb
Reviewed 14 June 2006

My friend and I stayed in room 931 (on the 9th floor). Our "luxury" (according to the Harrah's website) room was bigger than most hotel rooms and we enjoyed it very much. There were two nice bathrooms, a great sitting area, and great views of Lake Tahoe Blvd., the lake and mountains. The mini bar had candy, nuts and sodas at high prices (for example, $7 for a small can of cashews.) My only complaint about the room itself was the soundproofing / thin walls. I could hear toilets flushing in other rooms and noise from the room above. Other than that we were extremely happy with our room. The Forest Buffet is good but it used to be a lot better (they have added a lot of Asian food.) If you like Asian food, this buffet is for you. The dinner buffet is $18.99 and lunch is $11.99 . I would give Harrah's an overall grade of B+

• Stayed: June 2006