“Good Rooms at Harrah's Tahoe”

Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 October 2006

Used Total Rewards coupons vs. a travel agent IATA rate and was thrilled at the end of our stay when we checked out with a whopping bill of $37.20 for 4 nights during a long holiday weekend, which also included ski tickets for 2 days. We gambled mostly at Harveys so I guess the play there was looked at at checkout. The rooms at Harrahs are absolutey perfect for girls rooming together! My friend and I travel extensively and were so happy to have our own bathrooms! Beds were comfy and housekeeping was great. Another friend showed up from SF and got an executive room on a higher floor which was much nicer in decor than our basic room. Ate most meals at the Cafe which was not at all disappointing. Free parking was super and the walk to the Heavenly Gondola was quick even with ski gear. Fire and Ice is a super resturant near the Gondola - a must try for a special dinner. Friends at home sent me a birthday basket that Harrahs put together for them and sent to my room. Very nice job on the basket with a Coppola wine, Harrahs bottle opener, balloons, flowers, chocolates, crackers, and cheese. Overall, would not hesitate to stay at Harrah's again. Traveling again next month to LT but trying Harvey's on another great Total Rewards deal.

• Stayed: February 2006
9  Thank swimnski
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Lake Tahoe

Reviewed 16 October 2006

I love Harrahs Lake Tahoe. My husband and I have been staying here 2-4 times a year for the last 6 years. The hotel NEVER disappoints. Our last stay was in Sept 06.

The staff at the hotel is terrific – very helpful. I especially appreciate the housekeeping staff. They keep the rooms immaculate and they have always been very nice to me. Also, the concierge in the lobby is really knowledgeable. The shuttles to the various ski resorts pick up skiers right outside the lobby. I thought it was great that I didn’t have to drive.

I love the rooms are Harrahs Lake Tahoe. They are really big. There are 3 levels of rooms (not counting the suites) – luxury, premium, and executive. The difference between the luxury and premium rooms is the floor level. I prefer either of these rooms over the executive rooms. All of the rooms have two bathrooms. One of the bathrooms has a sit down makeup area and a bathtub. The other bathroom has a shower. Both bathrooms have telephones and televisions – talk about feeling pampered. I prefer the décor in the luxury and premium rooms because it is light and airy. I like lots of light and unobstructed views of the scenery. The executive rooms are very nice but have dark furnishings and wooden shutters that hamper the view of the mountains and lake. Also, luxury and premium rooms have big walk-in closets, which is nice to store all the luggage out of the way. The executive rooms have smaller closets because there is a refreshment center on the other side of the closet. The one thing I like better about the executive rooms is that they have a safe – which is a really nice amenity. We stay in rooms with king beds, and they are always very comfortable.

The atmosphere of the hotel and casino is sort of upscale rustic with lots of carved wood accents – kind of quiet and relaxed. We stayed one time at Harveys, but didn’t like it nearly as well as Harrahs. Harvey’s is more lively than Harrahs, and we like the quieter atmosphere. Harrahs casino is very nice and I feel more comfortable there than at most casinos.

The Forest Buffet is yummy with deserts to die for. The sushi is very good also. I love to eat the buffet because it is good and there is a great selection. Forest Buffet is on the top floor and the view is spectacular.

Fridays Station is phenomenal. It is a bit pricey, but worth every penny, and the service is impeccable. Our tradition is to eat at Fridays on our last night in Tahoe and we use up all of our accumulated points on our players card to defray some of the cost. The view at Fridays is just as nice as the view from the Forest Buffet. I prefer to eat around sunset so we can watch the go down.

The food court in the casino is okay – not bad, but not terrific. It’s basically fast food and it’s not really much cheaper than going to the buffet, or maybe an Applebee’s type restaurant. The shakes and the onion rings at Fat Burger are really good.

The American River Café is okay – not bad, but not terrific. The staff working there is really good.

Harrahs Lake Tahoe is hands down my favorite hotel, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
23  Thank betsytacy
Reviewed 5 October 2006

I don't have one bad thing to say about our stay at Harrah's! We wanted the convenience of a 24hr full service hotel & that's exactly what we got. We stayed in one of the Executive rooms with view of the lake, well worth the extra price. Our room was very clean with newer furnishings, refrigerator, coffee maker, mini bar & the creme de la creme "His & Her bathrooms"!! I only wish I had this luxury at home. The Starbucks in the lobby was very nice for quick & light breakfasts. A great place for a full breakfast is down the road a short drive to Lakeside Inn & casino,good food & inexpensive. We also loved the Buffet on the 16th floor, good food & great view. It fills up fast tho so be there at 5:00 opening. I noticed weeks after making the reservations that rates had dropped so I called to see if they would honor lower rate & I got an even lower rate than what was currently on website!!!!! We're not gamblers so I can't review casino area except to say that it always seemed to be crowded from the afternoon on. The staff were very helpful & friendly. Things worth doing while there were Heavenly Gondola (a bit pricey), Vikingsholm Castle (steep 1 mile hike tho), taking a drive around to North Shore & seeing all the beautiful homes. I wouldn't recommend the Sunset Dinner Cruise on MS Dixie tho,food wasn't good & dance room was way too small for the amount of people on board. A day cruise would have been nice tho. The weather was sunny & in the low 70's,pretty chilly at night.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank bubstersma
Reviewed 14 August 2006

The room and view was nice, especially the his and her baths. However, I don't know what smelled worse, the smokey casino or the body wash supplied in the shower: PEW! We usually play in Vegas so maybe we are a little spoiled by the big hotels there. But I still find the stench of a smoke filled casino to be rather revolting. The Vegas hotels do a much better job at filtering their air! The body wash supplied by the hotel must have been on sale or something because I can honestly say I have never experienced such a foul odor from a soap before.
This hotel also boasts wireless internet. However, I tried twice to get through to the tech line to get my laptop up and running. The first time I was on hold for over a half an hour and that was around midnight. The second time, the next morning, I only lasted about twenty minutes on hold before I gave up and left a message for a call back which was supposed to be placed in a que. I recieved a call over 4 HOURS later! I had expected to have internet access during my visit as this was a working vacation. However, because of the lack of support for their wireless internet, I was unable to do the work I needed to. Needless to say, we won't be staying at Harrah's again anytime soon.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mthkr
Reviewed 23 July 2006

We spent one night at Harrah's in July and loved the room. We requested an Executive room on a high floor, newly remodeled, away from the elevator and with a view. We had also asked for non-smoking but there were no more available. They offered us an air cleaner but we found we didn't need it at all. We especially loved the his and hers bathrooms! Would definitely return here again.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 1frequentflyer
Reviewed 18 July 2006

We chose Harrah's for 3 of 7 nights' vacation in SF and Tahoe. I would have preferred a cabin near the lake but my fiance wanted a casino hotel. We were in room 1727 which "faces the lake". I put that in quotes because it does not face the body of the lake but rather one shore. We were told that none of the rooms face squarely towards the lake.

The room itself was comfortable enough although the decor needs updating. The his/hers bathrooms are nice so that you don't have to take turns showering, etc. The hotel supplied shampoo in the men's side was not too pleasant smelling and there was a lingering smell from it so we bought a candle to make the bathroom smell better.

We were below the restaurant and we heard a lot of noises of dishes clinking at night but never did complain, we just left the radio on low at night. We did win over $1600 in the casino and the craps dealers are good and friendly but I don't think we would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank berkshirebt
Reviewed 12 July 2006

My husband and I stayed at Harrah's 6/28-6/30. The room was very clean and we had a nice partial view of Lake Tahoe. It was nice having 2 bathrooms; the "hers" bathroom has all the little extras I like, such as shampoos, lotion, soaps, etc. The shampoo and conditioner in "his" bathroom were in one of those dispensers in the shower. The closet area was large.

We ate dinner one night on the 16th floor restaurant (not the buffet), and it was excellent, with an amazing sunset view. I wouldn't recommend the American River Cafe, though -- the wait was long, and the service and food just ok. Better to go across the street to Harvey's where they have the exact same menu and better service at the Carriage Court restaurant.

Also, Montbleu has taken the place of Caesar's -- very modern and great service.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank Dee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!