“Get there early.”

Ranked #8 of 58 Restaurants in Stateline
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Red Hut is a Tahoe institution. I don't know that anything they serve is so much different than elsewhere, but it is the history, vibe, and personalities that make the food taste better. Weekdays are not as impacted, but you need to go early on the weekends if you don't want to wait.
I long since moved from Tahoe, but in the 70's, my dad used to take me there for breakfast 1-2 times a week. (The one near Meeks Lumber) The place is still the local's fave, and any tourist needs to go there if they want to get the "true" Tahoe experience. Enjoy.

1  Thank Ken T
There are newer reviews for Red Hut Cafe

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had breakfast here July 2014. The restaurant was filled with about 90% locals and about 12 off duty police....This is a small restaurant that seats about 40 people.The service was terrific and the food was very good....I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting or staying at the South Shore of Lake Tahoe... This was my first visit and I will return soon...Breakfast and Lunch only...no dinner service...Mike

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We love Red Hut. Great breakfast for reasonable price. I had the French toast with blueberry streusel bread. It was delicious.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Food was good, we had the waffles. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. They went out of their way to make our experience a good one

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Red Hut has been here for so long its hard to not expect it to be nothing but great. my daughter brought a friend home for the week end. We had breakfast there today Sunday. Perfect , No better than that. I had an omelette with pepper jack cheese. sausage and ortega chilies.
Oh my to die for with a hardy helping of home fries as well. my wife had a BLT daughter "the usual" and her friend Too many pancakes and eggs. Service always good and smiles from the crew locals, regulars and tourist are all treated well. Lucky our wait was just a few minutes today.