“Delicious steak”

Ciera Steak & Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciera Steak & Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reno, Nevada
“Delicious steak”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

First off, I got a tasty little orange drink that I cannot remember the name of, but it had mandarin orange vodka, orange juice and cranberry juice in it. For food, I started with the Organic country greens salad and it had the best pears I've ever had in my life. Very texturally and flavor-fully diverse (my favorite!). For the main course we had Chateubriand for 2 which was perfect for us. It came with garlic mashed potatoes which were delightfully creamy and full of flavor and some other tasty veggies on the side. The meat was perfectly cooked and tender. Also offered at the table was some black truffle sea salt which added a nice pop of flavor. We also got a side of the White Truffle Mac & cheese, which was a little lacking in flavor for my preference. For dessert, I had my 1st ever souffle. It was the gran marnier one and was totally worth the wait. It tasted like super fancy French Toast and I wanted to eat it for breakfast! Overall, I would recommend even though they put us in the big room where it got to be pretty loud (there were SO many dudes there! For some time, I was the only lady... awkward!). It was a great dinner for my 30th birthday!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ShanahanNV

San Francisco
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This restaurant is absolutely worth all of the accolades it receives. Everything is professional, tailored, and the service and food are "fabulous dahling". The maitre'd, Tommy, totally fits the bill. The seating, the ambiance, the decor, and tone are all the finest. The noise is at a subdued level befitting the room.
To add to the excellence, three nights a week they offer a prix fixe dinner for $30/person. Included are soup/salad, house made breads with infused butters, choice of entree, and a decadent dessert. The wine list is superb and plentiful. The cocktails are breathe taking. And the closure is chocolate strawberries on a frozen dish with your check. Perfection! (TIP: REQUEST SEATING IN THE BACK DINING AREA.)

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Wallytheplumber30
Fillmore, California
“Over the top memorable family event”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had week family stay in house on Calif side. To celebrate our being together we had the fix price menu; $30.00 a piece. That's the way to go as some dishes $20 or more each. Included salad main and desert . Huge portions and very professional white tablecloth service. Lovely cocktails. Party of eight with tip $468.00. Would go again for special occasion. You need to dress formal; no shorts.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank kayakPhil
“ Perfect service great staff,fabulous food.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We eat here every visit to Tahoe. We come up here to sail and golf, and look forward to dinner at Ciera. The service is off the hook. The food is always really great. The breads they serve are unique and delicious. The cranberry walnut is homemade heaven. This is our favorite place to dine in south shore!

2 Thank lilyfarmer
Rio del Mar, California
“Hidden Opulence”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

WOW, what can I say!
Came up to Tahoe last week, mid week. There was a special pre-summer, prix fixe menu available for $30 a person. I had made an early reservation based on a recommendation from our hotel concierges & Tripadvisor reviews. We were escorted to a private booth, sheesh, that was a first. I didn't realize it was such a fancy place, I felt I didn't dress appropriately for the occasion, my husband & daughter were miffed that they weren't all "fancy-swanky" for the event.But the Maître d' was not stuffy, nor were any of the wait staff :)
Our daughter ordered the salmon with French Onion soup, my husband & I the Filet Mignon with Caesar salads. Both of the starters were fresh & tasty. Warm, fresh bread with 3 different butters to choose from, yum! The wait staff were on-point in their service, filling water glasses, checking on our progress without the "helicopter hovering".
The salmon came with a Béarnaise sauce, so wonderful & mild, pairing the salmon beautifully. Our daughter usually dismisses any sauces with her salmon, she told the waiter how much she enjoyed it. She asked about the ingredients & they sent the Chef out to tell her more about the sauce-that was pretty cool. Our steaks were cooked to PERFECTION, medium-rare. Ended the meal with amazing desserts. Hubby & daughter had the Molten Chocolate Lava cake, I had the Mango Cheesecake. They were in heaven, I was shocked! I expected a sliver of cheesecake (you know, the normal serving), it was HUGE, about 1/4 pounder-6 oz.,no lie. Then they brought out giant chocolate covered strawberries-OMG! I ended up taking most of the cheesecake back to the hotel room-it was very nice the next day. It was a great meal, even if had been at the regular prices.
It should be noted that the next night we went to the Charthouse, nice views, but Cierra totally kicked their butt.

• Visited May 2014