Heavenly Vacations is to blame for this lousy hotel choice.
First, the location is bad….taxis don’t want to drive up to this part of the mountain. So if you’re a tourist that doesn’t want to drive in the snow…stay away….the staff even acknowledges that if you don’t have you own car you’re in bad shape.
Second the concierge is slow and useless…this is the first concierge service that encourages you to make your own reservations and prefers to hand you a brochure instead of making a reservation for you. The only good thing is I didn’t have to tip them.
Third their shuttle system leaves a lot to be desired. Their shuttle service is suppose to make 3 trips to the Heavenly Gondola (9am, 12pm, 3pm) I called one day for the 3pm they told me they didn’t have anyone to take us. Another day I needed to go to a local food store within a ¼ mile of the property, they dropped me off 2 blocks away and told me they’d pick me up at the same spot…I had to up a hill with 5 bags of groceries and sit by the side of the road in the cold for 10mins before I was picked up. Lousy service!
Overall the transportation in Heavenly is bad, ask any local.
The rooms were clean (The cleaning ladies were the only bright spot) but dated. Also we had heating issues and a bad leak in our bathroom one night.
Side Note about Heavenly…the worst marked mountain for skiing. We spent most of our time lost. There were signs marking the locations of lifts, but there were no signs for trails.
The view was magnificent! The lake is just as amazing as in photos.
Sadly I don’t think I will visit again.
They really need to do something about transportation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ridge Tahoe sits high atop the Sierra's at 7,300 feet above sea level. Views are of the Carson Valley some 3,000 feet below and of the mountains. The property is spread out over 11 acres and connects with Heavenly Valley's Nevada, Stagecoach Lodge. Our on-site skier express lift provides free transportation directly to the stagecoach lift. Shuttle service is provided at no charge to and from the casino's in Stateline. Our property offers two bedroom suites, sleeping 6-8, one bedroom suites, sleeping four and deluxe hotel units, sleeping 2-4 guests. All two and one bedroom suites have full kitchens and fireplaces. Our 45,000 sq. feet clubhouse is the center piece of the resort where guests can enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Spa, Recreation, dining, deli, market place, concierge services, business center, full fitness center, 4 tennis courts (one in-door), two swimming pools (one in-door), BBQ's, Ping pong, full kids club program, guided hikes, rock climbing, snow shoeing and much more! The best part of the Ridge Tahoe is our people, we care very much about our guests and their vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Ridge Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ridge Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Ridge Tahoe Hotel Lake
- The Ridge Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline