“There has to be better choices?”
Review of Cisco's Restaurant

Cisco's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 15 Restaurants in Tonopah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at the Best Western in town, and found some promotion on this cafe restaurant in the hotel. We decided to try this place, and ended up finding not too much in the way of a worthy mention here. First aspect was this is an order off the menu on the wall type of place, which is not my personal preference. Should have walked out at this point, but we had already been spotted and did not want to appear rude. Ordered some burgers and fries and sat around for a little too long waiting for our food. The smell in the kitchen wafted throughout the place, which wasn't an appetizing mouth watering smell at all. The food was just average, and we washed it down with the provided water. The decor of the restaurant portion was warm, and the staff were all friendly. The restaurant was located on the quiet west edge of town.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The place is only moderately clean. Foam plates, plastic utensils, and it doesn't look like the health inspector has been by for a while.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I ordered a philly cheesesteak. It was good, but nothing to get excited or rave about. The steak was cut thicker than any other cheesesteak I've ever had, which was an interesting twist on it. I felt it was too small (about 6 inches) and quite pricey for the quantity. I think almost $10. It did come with fries, so that helped a little. I was looking for a 12 inch sub, which is what I'll get anywhere else, but had I got two 6 inchers, it would have been nearly $20 and that's way to much. I wanted a pizza but a large plain cheese was like $18. Again, priced way to high compared to what I'm used to. Those are the kind of prices you'd see in NYC.

Another night I got some ice cream, Blue Bunny I think. It was really good and a reasonable price.

Everyone that works there that I interacted with were all very friendly.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Getting into Tonopah, one notices theres not much to choose from(google says burger king is one of the top restaurants!!) but ciscos wont let you down. Make sure to order the tacos. They are $1.99 each and 3 will make a complete meal. The taco isnt full of fillers, they are simple, using only flavored meat and cheese shreads on the top. You add the salsa, which is also good. The beans and rice sides are yummy but very small. The restaurant itself has indoor and outdoor seating and the people were very nice and accommodating. Its kinda a self serve place so save more money on not tipping too. They have an ice cream shop as part of their offerings. The menu is not just mexican either...quite a wide range of tastes will be happy.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We were driving through Central Nevada and stopped at Cisco's in Tonopah, Nevada, for lunch. Just your basic lunch counter: sandwiches, pizza, and some Mexican dishes. The food was very good and reasonably priced.

What motivated this review, however, was the excellent service, which was far better than you might expect in a small, independent lunch place in a small town.

Moreover, the waiter noticed that we were reviewing our local-area maps, and inquired where we were headed. When we said "Lake Tahoe," he politely offered to advise us on the alternatives and recommended a particular route, which we had not considered. He mentioned it was his wife's favorite route and it took us through a beautiful, less-traveled area of Western Nevada and Eastern California past the spectacular Mono Lake.

Mono Lake was not on our itinerary at all, and ended up being our favorite stop on our entire road trip.

Our compliments to this friendly young man, whose name we regrettably failed to get, and to the management of Cisco's.