Silver Queen Hotel
US$153
Sugarloaf Mountain Motel & Market(Virginia City)(Great Value!)
US$116
Virginia City Inn(Virginia City)
US$113
Gold Hill Hotel(Virginia City)
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
All reviewsthe ownerold westin towndoor knobrooms are smallsteep staircasestreet parkingred dog saloontook pictureshaunted hotelmy fianceopera housebar downstairsan adventureelvis impersonatorfire escapehear everything
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We love the Silver Queen!!

The owner is friendly and is always giving helpful advice in what to do and where to go. While we were there on my Birthday we witnessed a happy new couple's marriage in the chapel there :) The owner was dressing her in beautiful vintage clothes , helping with all the last minute details.

The atmosphere , bar, chapel and rooms truly set you back in time. I recommend giving it a visit!

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Elise228
Reviewed 3 January 2014

While we didn't stay at this hotel, we spent a long time walking around and looking at all the history, from the dress made out of 3,261 silver dollars weighing 210 pounds, to the old stove from the 1904 St. Louis worlds fair, to mark Twain, to the captain and Tenille getting married there in the small wedding chapel,etc.
it was fascinating .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

What a great place. My husband and I came to Virginia City for the Steampunk Ball and we thought this would be the best place to stay to continue our time travellers journey and the Silver Queen did not disappoint. Our room was just like the pictures from the 1880's, size, furniture, fixtures, bathroom and all. The owner, Connie, and her employee, Mississippi, made the stay even better with their old time hospitality and cheer. We can't wait to come back and have already made our reservations for next year's Ball.

For you ghost hunters - yes we stayed in Room 11 and Lynette (not Rosie - get it right) is a very troubled soul. Be respectful to her (see last espisode of Ghost Adventurers where Zak does the same). Why not leave a flower at her door instead of pretending she touches you outside the door. She does not leave the room. You will just have to stay in this room and be kind to her to understand and respect this (as well as be a sensitive) to experience her and the energy she will share if you do.

Room Tip: Ask when you book a room for information on the room you are selecting. Mississippi or Connie will answer any questions you have to help you get the best room for your needs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scarletlasceo
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We always stay at the Silver Queen because we love the people there! Connie, always treats us like family! Special thanks to Mississippi, Rev. Jim, Charlotte, and Terri for ALWAYS making us feel at home!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sean c
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was excited about my summer paranormal trip. The Silver Queen was definitely on the list. When I arrived it was crowded. It took 20 minutes to get my door key and my info. At that time I was handed a set of ear plugs. Turns out I would not need them. My room was on the top floor. It was an 8 X 10 room with a fan and no air conditioning. This was hot summertime. The room was so small the really small bed barely fit into it. The sheets and linens were not clean. I had to climb at least 75 stairs with 2 large suitcases to be able to make it. You are on your own here. No breakfast. When the crowd died down I wanted at least pictures of this "haunted" place so about 3 AM crept around taking pictures. The minute I got outside on the sidewalk a police car came driving up the street. Just couldn't catch a break as a ghost investigator wanting to do this right. Skip this one anyway. Its not haunted!

Room Tip: You can either have a room on a lower floor and no steps or climb steps on the top floors and have more privacy but it comes at a price if you like air conditioning because there is none.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo