“Beautiful Bar, Very Historic But I Wouldn't Stay On A Friday or Saturday.”
Review of Silver Queen Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virginia City
Silver Queen Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Virginia City
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I knew I would love Virginia City because I love history, the Old West and antiques so I wanted to stay in an authentic hotel and chose The Silver Queen. The bar is fantastic with lots of beautiful things to look at. Our room was another story. The stairs are very narrow and steep and if you are not used to the altitude, you will be out of breath when you reach the top. Our room #10 was inexpensive at $65 per night and I saw why. It is tiny! My husband could sit on the bed brushing his teeth and barely lean to spit in the sink which is outside the bathroom and right next to the bed. There is no closet to hang your clothes, just a rod on the wall and no night stand with a bedside lamp. There is no phone or TV and I knew that and was ok with that. The bed was ok but almost too soft and the room was nice and clean. The first night was a Thursday and I think we might have been the only people on the second floor. It was quiet and peaceful. The next night was a Friday and there were several people staying there. That's when we realized just how thin the walls were. There are transom windows above the door and between our room and the one next door. You can literally hear someone breathe in the room next door and in the hall. We heard everything! Loudly! The drunks started to come in from 12 AM to 3 AM and had long and loud conversations in the hall. I almost swear if I had my eyes closed that they were talking at the foot of my bed. And there is no management there that I was aware of to complain to. It made for a pretty miserable night. There is absolutely no privacy noise wise. None! It would be best to stay there on a hopefully quiet weeknight. They say it has 2 haunted rooms which is pretty interesting. The bartender was very nice and she gave us a tour of the bar and wedding chapel. Very cool! I do not want them to lose any business but people should be warned about the thin walls, loud people and hearing things you really don't want to!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shana W

Reviewed 23 February 2014

First time in Virginia City. My wife and I made our decision to stay here from comments on trip advisor. We had a great time. We just got back, and this is definitely the off season for Virginia City, (February).

The room is small (room 6) and right by the back door. No TV, or in room phone, but our androids worked fine. We had a small bathroom, ac outlets and a small base board heater which did fine. Its a very old building, so there was old building noises like the heater and pluming. Overall, the building is clean and in good shape for its age.

The walls are old and thin, so we could hear a woman and children in another room in the hotel. We went down to the bar to extend our stay another day on the 3rd day. That's when we found out we were the only guests in the motel, and had been for 2 days. That night was the first night we didn't hear the woman and children we had hearing for the previous 2 nights.. That night my wife and I discussed the fact that we had both heard the same voices. My wife was thrilled, and I still don't know what to think.

The bar has a lot of great stuff, and a wonderful bartender named Mississippi. She is the one who wears the cowboy hat.

We will be going back soon when everything is open and running, and hopefully staying at the Silver Queen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Smollder
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We love the Silver Queen!!

The owner is friendly and is always giving helpful advice in what to do and where to go. While we were there on my Birthday we witnessed a happy new couple's marriage in the chapel there :) The owner was dressing her in beautiful vintage clothes , helping with all the last minute details.

The atmosphere , bar, chapel and rooms truly set you back in time. I recommend giving it a visit!

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Elise228
Reviewed 3 January 2014

While we didn't stay at this hotel, we spent a long time walking around and looking at all the history, from the dress made out of 3,261 silver dollars weighing 210 pounds, to the old stove from the 1904 St. Louis worlds fair, to mark Twain, to the captain and Tenille getting married there in the small wedding chapel,etc.
it was fascinating .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

What a great place. My husband and I came to Virginia City for the Steampunk Ball and we thought this would be the best place to stay to continue our time travellers journey and the Silver Queen did not disappoint. Our room was just like the pictures from the 1880's, size, furniture, fixtures, bathroom and all. The owner, Connie, and her employee, Mississippi, made the stay even better with their old time hospitality and cheer. We can't wait to come back and have already made our reservations for next year's Ball.

For you ghost hunters - yes we stayed in Room 11 and Lynette (not Rosie - get it right) is a very troubled soul. Be respectful to her (see last espisode of Ghost Adventurers where Zak does the same). Why not leave a flower at her door instead of pretending she touches you outside the door. She does not leave the room. You will just have to stay in this room and be kind to her to understand and respect this (as well as be a sensitive) to experience her and the energy she will share if you do.

Room Tip: Ask when you book a room for information on the room you are selecting. Mississippi or Connie will...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scarletlasceo
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We always stay at the Silver Queen because we love the people there! Connie, always treats us like family! Special thanks to Mississippi, Rev. Jim, Charlotte, and Terri for ALWAYS making us feel at home!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sean c
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was excited about my summer paranormal trip. The Silver Queen was definitely on the list. When I arrived it was crowded. It took 20 minutes to get my door key and my info. At that time I was handed a set of ear plugs. Turns out I would not need them. My room was on the top floor. It was an 8 X 10 room with a fan and no air conditioning. This was hot summertime. The room was so small the really small bed barely fit into it. The sheets and linens were not clean. I had to climb at least 75 stairs with 2 large suitcases to be able to make it. You are on your own here. No breakfast. When the crowd died down I wanted at least pictures of this "haunted" place so about 3 AM crept around taking pictures. The minute I got outside on the sidewalk a police car came driving up the street. Just couldn't catch a break as a ghost investigator wanting to do this right. Skip this one anyway. Its not haunted!

Room Tip: You can either have a room on a lower floor and no steps or climb steps on the top floors and have m...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Edith Palmer's Country Inn
#2 of 2 in Virginia City
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Peppermill Resort Spa Casino

Been to Silver Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!