“MARRIED AT SILVER QUEEN HOTEL”
Review of Silver Queen Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virginia City
Silver Queen Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Virginia City
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed in room #10 saturday night went to bed early around 1:30 got a loud knockung at the door open door no one was ther,Then it all started strange vibs going threw my body,voices,baby crying , foot steps , yes keep me up the rest of the night,but still had a great time got married the next day,thanks connie,rev james you guys are great.

Room Tip: Try room 10 yahooooo
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Martin Y

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here on the 16th and loved this place! I am a history kind of guy and the whole experience was wonderful. The room that we had wasn't a five star by far, but that isn't why you would stay and this place IMO. It is a great place to stay and think of how it was back in the day.

We stayed in room 25. Clean and decorated very modestly. Our beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Plenty of hot water. Our room had two windows which was very nice with the breeze. No TV, no phones, total relaxation! As others had mentioned, walls are thin and we could hear the people in the room across the hall. Luckily they weren't a loud bunch and I had no problem with them.

Unfortunately I didn't get any ghosts to mess me me. Connie is wonderful and the place is centrally located and walking distance to everything.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mrearwigsr
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Silver Queen has all the charm of the old west and definitely haunted! During our stay, the first night which was Thursday night 4/17/14 while staying in room 11, I felt the bottom of my right foot being tickled twice. On the second night, I felt something press and rub my right shin 3 times. On the third time, I felt the blankets slowly being pulled upward off my feet toward me. I freaked out! I looked and nobody was there. I even felt my boyfriend's feet to see if we was wiggling his feet but he was sound asleep! I actually woke him up when I got freaked out and told him to look. We also heard water running from the tub and splashing as if someone was taking a bath. The tub is next to the bed. Aside from the paranormal experiences, the room was clean and the towels were clean and new. Just beware that there is no T.V., blow dryer, shampoo or conditioner, or coffee in the room. Also we were not able to use our cell phones due to poor reception. The bar downstairs is very interesting, a must see. The bar tender Mississippi and Reverend James are so friendly. We got our Shack-Up license signed by Rev. James. All in all it was a great stay, had a great time experiencing the feel of the Old West and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The entire Hotel is haunted but room 11 is where we had the paranormal experiences. All the rooms v...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mayte R
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

No frills, just a relaxing stay, no TV but did not miss it. The house keepers are sweethearts and everyone was nice. The location is great, you can walk everywhere. Also room 25 had some paranormal activity...the entire hotel is active.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MichelleRGM
Reviewed 8 April 2014

If you want to pretend you're a floozy with your cowboy, this is the place to go. Dress up and have a good time. If you're a history buff or a ghost hunter, again this is the right place.

If you were looking for a comfortable hotel this is not the place. The rooms are clean but they were probably decorated when the hotel was rebuilt in the late 1800's.

The bedding and mattress were old and the towels, tho clean, were shredded and worn.

We had to whisper when we got up in the morning because the walls are paper thin. They even have a quote in the room that says, 'The walls are so thin you can almost hear the woman in the next room change her mind.' Take that seriously if you're a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are right on the street. Rooms at the back are quieter. Stairs to any of the room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jean_likes_maine
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I knew I would love Virginia City because I love history, the Old West and antiques so I wanted to stay in an authentic hotel and chose The Silver Queen. The bar is fantastic with lots of beautiful things to look at. Our room was another story. The stairs are very narrow and steep and if you are not used to the altitude, you will be out of breath when you reach the top. Our room #10 was inexpensive at $65 per night and I saw why. It is tiny! My husband could sit on the bed brushing his teeth and barely lean to spit in the sink which is outside the bathroom and right next to the bed. There is no closet to hang your clothes, just a rod on the wall and no night stand with a bedside lamp. There is no phone or TV and I knew that and was ok with that. The bed was ok but almost too soft and the room was nice and clean. The first night was a Thursday and I think we might have been the only people on the second floor. It was quiet and peaceful. The next night was a Friday and there were several people staying there. That's when we realized just how thin the walls were. There are transom windows above the door and between our room and the one next door. You can literally hear someone breathe in the room next door and in the hall. We heard everything! Loudly! The drunks started to come in from 12 AM to 3 AM and had long and loud conversations in the hall. I almost swear if I had my eyes closed that they were talking at the foot of my bed. And there is no management there that I was aware of to complain to. It made for a pretty miserable night. There is absolutely no privacy noise wise. None! It would be best to stay there on a hopefully quiet weeknight. They say it has 2 haunted rooms which is pretty interesting. The bartender was very nice and she gave us a tour of the bar and wedding chapel. Very cool! I do not want them to lose any business but people should be warned about the thin walls, loud people and hearing things you really don't want to!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shana W
Reviewed 23 February 2014

First time in Virginia City. My wife and I made our decision to stay here from comments on trip advisor. We had a great time. We just got back, and this is definitely the off season for Virginia City, (February).

The room is small (room 6) and right by the back door. No TV, or in room phone, but our androids worked fine. We had a small bathroom, ac outlets and a small base board heater which did fine. Its a very old building, so there was old building noises like the heater and pluming. Overall, the building is clean and in good shape for its age.

The walls are old and thin, so we could hear a woman and children in another room in the hotel. We went down to the bar to extend our stay another day on the 3rd day. That's when we found out we were the only guests in the motel, and had been for 2 days. That night was the first night we didn't hear the woman and children we had hearing for the previous 2 nights.. That night my wife and I discussed the fact that we had both heard the same voices. My wife was thrilled, and I still don't know what to think.

The bar has a lot of great stuff, and a wonderful bartender named Mississippi. She is the one who wears the cowboy hat.

We will be going back soon when everything is open and running, and hopefully staying at the Silver Queen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Edith Palmer's Country Inn
Edith Palmer's Country Inn
#2 of 2 in Virginia City
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Been to Silver Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!