“Great place to stay in Virginia City”

Silverland Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Virginia City
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great place to stay in Virginia City”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Silverland following a nearby trail race in Lake Tahoe. We chose to stay in Virginia City prior to leaving the area to do some sightseeing. We arrived to the Silverland around 7pm or so and the lady at the front desk got us checked in pretty quickly. We had a first floor room overlooking the parking lot. It was roomy and appeared to be pretty well cleaned.

The property had a gym and a pool, but we didn't make use of either. They also had some food available for purchase, which was nice since food options are a bit limited at night in the city (although, the lady at the front desk said they were getting rid of the food). We did partake in the continental breakfast in the morning. It was pretty standard fare, but was adequate for our needs.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank hajile99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very comfortable stay at the Silverland. Very friendly check in process, and generally had a very nice stay. Decent continental breakfast - nothing fancy, but adequate. Very nice being able to walk to the main street ("C" Street) but far enough away from all the noise and traffic. Beautiful view over the canyon, too! Next time we'll bring our swimsuits to swim in the indoor pool - it looked great!
Parking lot noise might be an issue if the hotel was really crowded, but luckily it was pretty empty, so having the parking lot right outside our window wasn't an issue.

Would definitely stay again - unless we go for something a bit more haunted, next time...

Room Tip: Would probably be really nice if you could get a room on the other side of the parking lot - and it...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Westminster
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here 2 years ago and because we had a great experience, we stayed here again. They have a nice continental breakfast, rooms are clean, staff is really nice and accommodating. It's close enough to the main part of town without actually being on the main drag (just down the hill and over a bit from the Bucket of Blood Saloon).

They have wild horses roaming all over the property, which made for great photographs!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert S, Manager at Silverland Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for staying at the Silverland Inn & Suites and for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope you return to our community in the near term. Please contact me at robert@silverlandusa.com, mention your review, and I'll be more than happy to send you a token of our appreciation.

Thanks again!

Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

When you go to hotel that you are paying for (we got most valuable room $160 a night) you hope you at least have a parking spot. Nope! We got there and the General Manager (staff said he's new) was renting parking spots $10 a space and didn't even leave enough space for his hotel guest. So we went inside and the nice ladies there said they would give us one of their spots (that's customer service) but as soon as my husband went outside the General Manager approached him yelling at him to move his car or else. My husband told him we were given this spot pass from the lady inside. But he continued to yell at my husband in stead of professionally talking to him and going inside to ask his employees what the deal was. When we finally just moved the car to a temporary spot and entered the building with our belongings, the General manager said to me that we shouldn't piss him off. Honestly if I wasn't getting married up there the next day and needing that room badly, I'd yell back at that sun of a gun. The room is over priced, had maintenance in room twice and wasn't provided any normal things like a coffee maker in the room that normal cheap hotels come with. Wasn't worth it AT ALL. Nicole at front desk is great and has the best customer service. But get that General manager anger classes and customer service prep talk. There's always ways to approach a PAYING GUEST/CUSTOMER without being hostile. The guest is the reason you have a paycheck ;)

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maegen A
Robert S, General Manager at Silverland Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
I'm sorry that you had such a unsatisfactory stay at our property as we pride ourselves in customer service and insuring our hotel meets the highest of standards. While your comments failed to indicate that you were asked nicely to move your vehicle from a no parking zone and immediately used profanity and told me that you didn't care who I was although I identified myself as the general manager and eventually had your car moved to a space in front of the hotel, I'll apologize if it seemed I was out of line for attempting to enforce our parking lot rules under a rather hectic event weekend. As for the $10 cost of parking, there was no cost for hotel guests but for non-hotel visitors who were parking in our parking lot for the event which should have been explained to you when you drove into the parking lot. Without addressing the rest of your comments, suffice it to say no one should ever have a bad stay at the Silverland regardless of the circumstances. Please contact me directly at the hotel and I'll be more than happy to invite you to be my guest at another time to give us another try.

Regards,

Valley Springs
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Great hotel, modern and well kept. Quiet , large room, nicebathroom, everything was just really good. the staff was helpful and very nice. We arrived late so all the food places were closed, we hadn't stopped for dinner so we were hungry, the girls at the front desk opened up the vending refridge for us so we could at least buy something to fill our empty bellies, we had all sorts of snacks, like pizza and hambugers, even fries, there is a wonderful convection oven in the vending machine room, it wasn't steak but it was tastey. We had a great time.

Redding, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked this hotel online through the hotel website for our anniversary. When we arrived to check in they had no record of our reservation even though I had my confirmation number. There were three other couples in the lobby at the same time having the same problem.

They said the reservation site tends to overbook on weekends and special events and that I should have called the hotel direct to make a reservation. I thought I was dealing directly with the hotel through their website, anyway, this place is not reliable we ended up having to stay at a B & B for a lot more money. Not a good way to attract customers to your hotel, I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

4 Thank RGP64
I sincerely apologize for the overbooked status. Unfortunately, during the time of your stay we were inundated by a large number of over bookings caused by our third party reservation processor to which we had no control or ability to stop during the period in question. While the situation has since been resolved, it was not a pleasant situation for anyone concerned, especially our guests. If you will contact the hotel directly and ask for me, I'll be happy to have you return as my guest at another date and time.

Regards,

Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed 31 August 2013

the Motel was nice and clean and spacious beautiful indoor pool. the front desk clerk was very friendly and eager to help find restaurants. A good choice in viringia City if your not willing to go the antique room route....would stay there again for sure. The breaksfast was in a nice spacious room and very decent food Could of had some hot food and it would of been perfect. Still enjoyed what they had and you were not croweded in a tiny room with all kinds of people

Room Tip: choose a room with a view of the valley instead of the parking lot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Virginia City
Airport Plaza Hotel
#13 of 64 in Reno
Hampton Inn & Suites Carson City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carson City

Been to Silverland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!