Red Garter Hotel & Casino
Book now, pay at stay
  • Pool
US$84
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnewly remodeled roomfavorite colorhallway noisechicken marsalachange of sceneryrooms are nicegreat slotsrecommend staying herebed was comfortablewould stay here againbreakfast buffetfree drinksflat screensalt flatsfriday nightget awaywendover
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I didn't expect much after reading other reviews but found the Red Garter is not a bad place. It is on the level of a Super 8 or above Motel 6, My complaints are the hard bed and the loud air conditioner that basically blew the drapes around. Also the catrpet is old looking but clean and the bathroom could use more space as well as some molding repairs. Also the TV was very small and older. But it's safe feeling and attached to old fashioned casino. Was fine for a place to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Wanted to get a jump start for the Fourth of July-Called asking about the suites that I could not register on line (did not allow) asked the price and if they had walk in shower "NO" then asked if they had "shower chairs" after repeating it about FOUR times she asked what do you mean. HMMM! So I hung up (got tired of repeating everything) and decided to just to register on line for a regular room. (spouse is a Rt leg amputee)
Upon our arrival they have only one person checking customers in and running the little store they have there also! And then warned us that the water was going to shut off for a couple of hours and gave us the room then after later asking for a TV remote that worked they decided to change our room!!!Due to water shut off being longer!! First room was rather clean second one was not so much! Check out the next day was bad, Cheryl was having a bad day cuz NO Good Morning no nothing! Just a mean grumpy look!!! Yikes!!! Restaurant needs some help as well! Not a busy place and I truly can see why!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NEEDING SOME HELP AND TRAINING!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gomezrus
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We needed an inexpensive place to crash for the night while driving across the country. Though it was a little funky, it served its purpose. People were friendly, price was great, clean enough. Not suited for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had to keep my personal items in my car when I left the hotel. I didn't want my items stolen. I was locked out in the early morning and the maids didn't even ask who I was or any questions they just opened the door for me. I was shocked! Did you open the door for anyone else? Also the bedding, pillows, and the shower were horrible. Originally we had booked a king bed room and when we got there they were out of those and gave us a single queen. What was the point of the reservation if they were planning to ignore it in the first place. The room was supposed to be non smoking but the room smelled of cigarets the entire time. We wanted to pay with cash when we arrived and they would not accept it unless they could raise the rate. . The lady running the desk when we arrived thought she was being funny but she complained to us about her life and took forever to check us in. The price was good but I wouldn't stay there again

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2013

1) I can't believe this place calls itself a hotel. It should be the Red Garter Motel.
2) I hope you enjoy pervasive and overwhelming second-hand smoke. It's not just in the casino area, it's in your "non-smoking" room as well.
3) The carpet throughout the motel is beyond dirty, torn up and ragged. You will witness several areas where ducktape has been applied over areas where the carpet has completely disintegrated.
4) The room has almost no ammenities. Expect everything (what little there is) to be nailed down, glued down and difficult to use.
5) This motel is loud at all hours of the night and I heard within a one night's stay, several prositution sessions going on as well as yelling/fighting between enraged people in the hallway. It's not that great even for a one night stay.
6) The bed is uncomfortable and the comforter..well, good luck. If you can ignore all the stains, hair and smell of the comforters then more power to you.
7) The restaurant is the cheapest one in town and this is perhaps the only plus. It's not gourmet, as you would expect. If you can accept mediocre food and a long checkout process, then you can get a fair deal.
8) Overall the atmosphere and ambiance is just outdated, ugly and creepy.

In a nutshell, I would not stay here again, even for a cheaper price. It's not worth not sleeping in dirty conditions with illegal activities going on next door. Pay a few extra bucks for a clean bed somewhere else.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Stay away.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple