“Not bad considering the awful casino location”
Review of Prospector Cafe

Prospector Cafe
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in West Wendover
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I ate here at 2 am. We both got a full breakfast for under $10 total. It's not remotely fancy, but gets the job done for a late night diner. The waitstaff was friendly considering how terrible their jobs might be.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My brother likes breakfast at the Prospector Café even more than the buffet offerings in other Wendover casinos, but for me, it's only average as a breakfast place. I would probably choose a national chain breakfast place over the Prospector if given that choice, and I would certainly choose a breakfast buffet over the Prospector, just because I like more variety for the price and would gladly pay a few dollars more to fill my plates with fruits, sausages, bacon, eggs, toasts, and so on.
Pros:
-Special pricing for a person holding a valid CDL, like my brother. He had steak and eggs for less than five bucks.
-Decent wait staff
-Decent food cooked right for the most part. My brother ordered his steak medium well, but it was cooked just a little more than that. He still liked it, though, so I won't mark them down for that.
Ho-hum marks:
-The hash browns could have stood 1 or 2 more minutes on the grill
-The butter on the toast could have been spread around more. It was a dollop in the center, so the inch or so nearer the crust was dry.
-The portions were average.
Cons:
-Cigarette smoke wafts in from the casino and affects the eating experience. After walking through the casino to get to the café, though, the smoke doesn't seem as pervasive in the café.
I can't answer for other meals besides breakfast on this trip.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Visited this place 3 times while in Wendover. If you can get past the way the floor looks, looks like it's covered in old grease but I think it's just worn to the point of near non-existance, you'll be quite happy with the breakfast. They put out a breakfast buffett on the weekends that is huge, looks great, and is complete with a guy who'll make you an omelet or eggs to order. I had the breakfast special twice (2 eggs, hashbrowns, meat, and toast for 2.99) and biscuits and gravy once. The gravy lacks sausage but not really too bad. Right next door to the hotel we stayed at, the Rainbow, and cheaper than McDonalds so I don't see how you can go too far wrong. Plus, the coffee is excellent.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was seated immediately as the place was almost empty. The waitress took my order after a considerable wait. I ordered Prime Rib medium rare and it came well done. The salad was soggy and the vegatables were cold. The waitress never came back to refill my water or check to see if I needed anything else until she brought the check.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We used to enjoy breakfast at this quaint little restaurant at the Red Garter Casino. The Casino has been totally remodeled, but the restaurant was neglected during the remodel. The old carpet was stained and worn, the restaurant smelled of old carpet and the chairs and tables were shabby at best. Really killed the appetite. I hope they have plans to remodel the restaurant, otherwise, we won't be back.