Rainbow Casino Hotel
US$84
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
US$82
All reviewswest wingrainbow casinomontego bayindoor poolhot tubpenny slotsgambling tripdrink servicejacuzzi suiteget awaytable gamesking bedbeds were comfortablered gartercoffee makerslot machinesthree properties
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We took one of the flyaways from Seattle to Wendover, NV. We have always stayed at the Montego Bay before but rooms were full and so we stayed at the Rainbow. The room was ok... very dated and cleaning was a little sloppy. Ask for an extra blanket, if you get cold easily. They have no bedspreads on the beds. Pool was less than desirable. I found service excellent in the casino, better than the other casinos and the steak house as good as any in Seattle, even the Met. The comps for meals were great.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank gspuyallup
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We went on the fly in and it was everything that was promised, went in a group of 8, everyone had an excellent time, 100% excellent that is by all............
There is a casino shuttle that runs every 15 minutes and goes to all main casinos, I believe 7 but not positive.
They could use a lot less smokers there as all casinos suffer from that so expect it there as well, Rainbow was the better and as well Montego Bay.
Buffet was wonderful for breakfast and supper, and seafood Friday was a fine dining experience as well.
There was an excellent country band all 3 nights at the Rainbow, as well some main performers show up in Wendover so check the web for who when and book it before you arrive, we didn't and so we missed them all.......
There is massage and spa at Montego, but book early, preferably before you arrive, especially on weekends. The pedicures and manicure shop is a downer but if its your first you will be happy.
Take some great friends and have a great time, friends can make or break a trip and the ones we went with made it the best trip in a long time.
Travel safe and enjoy.

Room Tip: South side view is of the flats, north side is of the near by hills mountains, stay on the 3rd floor as some 2nd floor rooms look at a wall. Bring your walking shoes, some rooms are a fair hike to get to.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank WingRider2011
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We booked a trip through the Wendoverfun.com website, a direct flight & hotel at a really reasonable price, and were looking forward to a relaxing getaway. We got to the hotel, they were VERY unfriendly at checkin, didn't explain where our room was. When we found the room that was on our packet, our keys didnt work. We went down to the front desk, waited in line, and told them that our key cards didnt work in the room. The guy at the front desk acted like we were idiots, and then checked, and found that they wrote the wrong room number on our packet. When we got to the RIGHT room, I was a little suprised. It was all 80's decor, with mirrors on the walls. I actually loved the room. We got a jacuzzi suite, which was nice and worked well. There was a steamer in the shower, which was nice. The room was clean. The third day we were there we got up & went to eat breakfast, and came back to the room to change clothes before a 4 wheeler tour (THAT WAS AMAZING), and then when we got back to the room the maids had been there to clean. I went to put on the nice dressy clothes I was wearing before we went on the ATV tour, only to find that the nice, expensive shirt that I was wearing was missing OUT OF MY SUITCASE. I had put it back in there along with the skirt I was wearing. The skirt was there and the shirt was not. I went down to the front desk, and the girl told me that the manager was gone and there was nothing they could do. I was outraged and asked to speak to whoever was in charge. The very UNFRIENDLY man at the front desk says "well we will check with laundry, so stop back later". I calmly explained to him that there was no way it got mixed in with laundry because I had put it back into my suitcase. He said that was all they could do at the time so check back later. I checked back 4 or 5 different times, and never got any answer. Finally right before we had to leave, they said I could fill out a report with security and bla bla bla. Well we didnt have time before we had to board the bus to head to the plane, so I was out a shirt and the staff did absolutely nothing to make it right. The overall service of the hotel staff was HORRRRRRRRIBLE, and we will never return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: I dont recommend any room at this hotel. Choose the Montego or Peppermill. The hotel service was horrible and if something gets stolen you are out of luck.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Kara W
Shellie C, Manager at Rainbow Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your recent visit to Resorts at Wendover. Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor customer service you received regarding your missing blouse.

Occasionally, an item will go out with the hotel laundry and will typically show up the next day. Filling out a security report enables us to pass along accurate information and expedite the search. Regardless, I’ve forwarded your comments to our Security Department and an investigation was completed to no avail.

Again, we apologize that our customer service did not meet your expectations and hope that you will give us another chance to change your perception. I assure you that we are committed to making your stay an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the Rainbow one night. Loved the friday seafood buffet. If you go on the le bus tour, don't stay overnight. They charge you for 2 full round trips just to catch the bus another day, but that's a comment for a different review. The rainbow's dealers are friendly and funny. Much more inviting than the other 4 casinos. Only complaint is that the hotel looks like it needed to be renovated years ago... Wallpaper peeling, toilet seats chipped, etc. Overall satisfying though.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank MakeYourOwnPizza
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This was our first time going to Wendover and we will be back numerous times, we stayed at the Rainbow and the rooms were great, the dealers were nice, staff was helpful and friendly, food was excellent and of the course the slots were loose. My hubby and usually go to Reno but never come home with money, we both came back a head and had the time of our lives. I would highly recommend this as a wonderful vacation with great service and price

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple