“Good hotel, sad we had to change rooms”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Montego Bay Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Woods Cross, Utah
“Good hotel, sad we had to change rooms”
Reviewed 21 May 2011

We stayed at Montego Bay in wendover over the weekend of may 13th to may 15th 2011. When we checked into our hotel we were EXTREMELY satisfied with the room we were placed in. Our room was 7-206 and when we first walked in we thought they accidentally placed us in the suite! The room was also very conveniently located right off the elevator so we didn't have to walk very far!! Spacious, beautifully decorated room on the top floor with an AMAZING view!! We were so excited that we chose to stay in this hotel.

Then after being there for an hour or so, we realized that the air conditioner wasn't cooling the room and it was way to hot. We called maintenance and they said that the unit was broken and they wouldn't be able to fix it, so we would have to change rooms if we wanted a working a/c unit. Needless to say we were very disappointed, but they assured us that they were moving us to the "newer section of the hotel" and that all these rooms had been renovated and updated. Well we figured if this was the old room and we were so impressed, the new rooms must be awesome!!

Well the new room was 6-410 and we were so disappointed. I had fully planned on getting on here and writing this GREAT review for this hotel, but after the room change, not so much. The "newer" room was not nearly as nice. It seemed smaller, the decor was not nearly as elegant feeling and the mirror that covered one whole wall of the previous room that made it feel so big and spacious (one of our favorite parts of the previous room) was small and didn't work well with the room at all. We were extremely disappointed after seeing the amazing room we had before. Not to mention the walk from the elevator to this room was LONG!!!! The only saving features of this room was the double sink in the bathroom, which was nice for 4 of us and that the A/C unit worked.

Overall, I was pleased with the hotel and casino. This was by far our favorite place to gamble, the rooms were nice for what we paid, although I wish we could have gotten the A/C unit to work in the first room, the pool was awesome with 3 hot tubs!! and the girl that was working in the gift shop for the pool was extremely nice and helpful. The front desk staff were very rude for the most part and we were supposed to check in at 3, but they kept telling us "20 more mins, 20 more mins" until we didn't end up actually checking in until 6pm. so don't plan on checking in on time.

Room Tip: Older section is best, floor 7 with a view!!
  • Stayed May 2011
5 Thank turtlegirlkita

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Kimball, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 May 2011

This is by far the nicest room we have ever stayed in, and we have stayed in so many of them! Great value for the money too!! The check in process was a little slow, but no big deal. The bathroom has double sinks, and beautiful glass enclosure above the bathtub. We loved staying there!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank golfsalotfw
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We stayed here one night. Very large, comfortable room with a 42" flat screen tv. Great price on their website for during the week. Bellhop service was not good, we found one on check in but none at check out. No luggage carts available either at 9 am in the morning. The front desk finally called security to help us with our luggage (handicapped traveler.) Service in the coffee shop at breakfast was poor, very, very slow.

Room Tip: use the hotels website.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank coldsprings1
Heber City, Utah
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Immediately upon arriving we decided to grab brunch at the buffet. I was seated and jumped up immediately...my chair was soaking wet. We ordered our drinks and were forgotten by the server. I had to ask again twice for water & iced tea.

The woman at the check in desk was rude, not even a smile. I was treated the same at checkout, too.

Despite spending a good amount of time at the slots, drink service was nowhere to be found. I ended up having to buy every drink from the bar.

We had a jacuzzi suite. The tub was incredibly small. My husband and I are not large people and we could not fit in together comfortably.

Also, Wifi was available but for $7 day. No free Wifi?!?!

What I had hoped would be a fun, long weekend out of town ended up being a letdown. Next time I'm staying elsewhere.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank GSka
North Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Having been to Vegas and Reno, we kept our expectations low. Unfortunately, they weren't low enough when it came to customer service. Stayed two nights--Walls are paper thin and even though in a "no-smoking" room, we still smelled cigarette smoke through ventilation. Couldn't control thermostat so room comfort level was hit or miss. Biggest disappointment was with SPA ... key reason we chose Montego Bay. Note: have to be 21+ to use SPA---would have been nice to know when we made our appointments weeks earlier. Ruined family plans. Also, need to be 18 to use the gym--another surprise which contributed to overall disappointment. Check out personnel were not even interested in how our stay was. Barely made eye contact and didn't stop her side conversation with other desk agent when handing me my receipt. Rude and disinterested. Casino business must be doing so well that "they" couldn't care less about hotel guests. We'll be taking our business elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank B0_C
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Traveled from Salt Lake City for New Years Eve and stayed a second night. Rooms were spacious, clean and nicely appointed. Regular restaurant had timely and effective service and the food was quality. The new Italian restaurant had super atmosphere, but the food was way over priced and not that good. Would not eat there again, unless just for desert. Casino was clean and fun. A band was in house for the weekend and we really enjoyed dancing, although wish the casino had a real dance floor. We are anxious to return in the summer to enjoy the casino again and the outdoor pool.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stormrunner21
utah
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I have never ever had issues with the rooms at Montego Bay. My husband and I go at least 12 times a year since there is absolutely nothing to do in Utah. Well unless you are Mormon then I am sure you can find something but for us non-Mormons who want to have a little fun but don't want to drive to Vegas, we go to Wendover. Now Wendover is a very small town. Yes. There isn't much to do except visit the casinos or going 4wheelin in the desert. But my review is not about the town, nor do I think others should put the hotel down just because the town isn't New York. Anyways the rooms are pretty clean. Mostly update. Not the Four Seasons or Bellagio but it is nice. I like the standard rooms as well as the jacuzzi suites. I have never had a problem with bed bugs. I have seen little gnats in the room before but this is the desert, they have weird bugs like, especially being by the salt flats. I am posting pics so that should give you a better pics of the rooms.
As for the check in people and the casino floor. Yes they can be rude. But for the most part the people are nice. Just go! And have fun. Go with the expectations of a good time, not a millionaires good time but just regular person good time!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
#6 of 7 in Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Montego Bay Casino Resort? Share your experiences!