“Very nice room”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Montego Bay Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a king room. The room was really nice. Looked like it had been remodeled in the last year or so. The bed was so comfortable, the only problem were the pillows. It was like there wasn't one under your head. The bathroom was nice. There was even a make up mirror.

Room Tip: Don't get one by the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dcraythorn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,112)

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I went on the junket from Amarillo to Wendover two years ago. We stayed at Montego Bay and upgraded the room to a mini suite. We had so much fun in this tiny town but we both love to gamble so it was easy for us to have fun. We are returning again in April and I can't wait! I have foster children and my husband works long hours at his job. These trips are extremely affordable and allow us the chance to get away from our hectic lives without breaking the bank. We plan to make two of these trips a year. Also, my daughter and her boyfriend decided to try it as well and will be going to Wendover in June. The cost for hotel and airfare are so reasonable its worth a few extra bucks to get the mini suite which has a beautiful HUGE steam shower and an in-room jacuzi. Best of all --- no kids! We love the kids but these trips for us are about adults.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bobbi M
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband and I live within two hours of Wendover and will go out and stay overnight so we can have fun and not worry about driving.

The rooms at Montego Bay are really nice, very large. The beds are comfortable and I have never had a problem with dirty or stained sheets. I love the steam shower. I like to take a deep conditioner and just pamper myself after spending a few hours in the smoky casino.

Wendover is not a Vegas but it does make a nice get away and having a large clean room turns it from an quick overnight stay to a deluxe overnight get away.

I am not a fan of casino food. I never have been a buffet person and I would rather go out and get subway instead of having over cooked beef and canned green beans at a buffet. I don't know what the dinner service here is like, I am just a bit of a snob about where I eat. That being said, breakfast is hard to mess up and they do a nice job and we always eat at the casino before heading home the next morning. Montego Bay is my favorite place to stay in the small community of West Wendover.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SurprisingWoman
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Large rooms, good bedding package and friendly staff. It's hard to spend much time in the room when there is a casino right down stairs. Good value for the price. Maid service is one of the best around. If you travel across Utah and Nevade on I-80 this is the place to stop and rest.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the newer section of the hotel..
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank mas4467
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We recently stayed one night at this hotel. Our room was in the new section of the hotel, which is up to date and large. The room itself was very large and spacious, big bathroom, two queen beds, desk area, and sitting area.

We were a little skeptical looking from the outside of the hotel, but once inside, all fears were put away!

Chose this hotel based on the Tripadvisor reviews from other members and were glad we did.

There is a free shuttle that will take you to any of the other four casinos in West Wendover, for free...So it doesn't really matter too much which hotel you stay in, as the other casinos are easy to reach!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 'new wing'.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank daddymacmoney
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We have stayed here 4 times in 2011, have at least 2 trips planned for 2012. The rooms are very nice and comfortable, the rates outstanding, the service very good. Gaming is always reasonable, we have done well, and the eateries very good and reasonable. You can cross the sky bridge and go to the Nugget which is ok.Shuttles will take you to the Peppermill and Rainbow should you so desire. We enjoy just staying at Montego Bay as it is our favorite. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank theperry5
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Having tried several of Wendover's hotels, I would rate the Montego Bay Casino Resort the best for comfort, cleanliness, ability to avoid the casino atmosphere (if that's your preference) and easy access for the disabled. You can park in the back very near the building and have easy access to an elevator. The hotel itself is probably the best overall quality in the area (i.e., comfortable beds/bedding, quietness, good shower, decent restaurants, etc.). Wendover has some truly awful motels/hotels (even some of the brand name ones), but this is a relative star.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
#4 of 7 in Wendover
Knights Inn Wendover
Knights Inn Wendover
#6 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Montego Bay Casino Resort? Share your experiences!