“A great weekend get away at an Affordable price!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Montego Bay Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Vancouver, BC
“A great weekend get away at an Affordable price!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My hubby & I stumbled across this weekend get away while considering a trip to Reno. We had no idea that Allegiant air was flying into Wendover or had even heard of Wendover at all. Once we started looking into the package information, we were pleasantly surprised to get a four day, three night stay at the Montego Bay Hotel & Casino for just under $340.00.
We choose the Montego Bay Hotel since they had a lovely outdoor pool and once we saw it, we were not disappointed. It was clean, clear and big enough to accommodate everyone around the pool even though the crowd was more into basking in the sun instead of swimming. There were fresh towels, cold water and even a small bar for drinks around the pool.
Our room was a double king and again I was pleasantly surprised as it was spacious and clean.
The bathroom was very large and even had a telephone in the loo too. Thankfully the blackout curtains worked like a charm to keep he early morning sun out of our room and the air conditioner worked great too as it kept the room so cool I actually had to turn it off for awhile each evening prior to bed.
There was a pastry shop at the bottom of the elevators which had wonderful pastries, muffins, fresh cut fruit and cakes too.
drinks on the casino floor are free for those people who are gambling, however I would recommend ordering two at once since the waitresses are very sparce when the evening arrives. Remember to tip each time they deliver your drink so that they keep coming back to check on you. Also, keep in mind that they are working for minimum wage and they do live off their tips.
There is a free shuttle every twenty minutes that goes from casino to casino and even to the concert hall so no need to worry about renting a car or drinking and driving.The casinos are close enough to walk to however the heat and humidity while we were there made the decision an easy one.
The restaurants on site were very good and the prices were good in comparison to portion sizes.
We will definitely go back for another get away at a future date.

Room Tip: Our fifth floor room offered a great view of the front parking lot and also of the local mountain ra...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CdnTrekkie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have stayed at the Montego Bay Hotel 4 x and have nothing but good things to say about the hotel and fly in experience. Great value for the $ and would not hesitate to go again. The buffet in the hotel is fabulous and our main meal around lunch time. Caught a small bite to eat in the restaurant in the eve.

Room Tip: We liked being in the newest wing with a view to the highway..
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Lago Vista, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have stayed at Montego Bay in West Wendover 5 times and loved it every time! Fly there usually out of Killeen TX- whole trip is a great value and we will continue to go a few time a years.Great food in the buffet and the Paradise cafe. Great shuttle runs between other casino's. Golf course is very nice for those who like to play. My husband always play's at least once when we visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Betti B
Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Please, tell me, Chefs of the World -- how hard is it to make ONE vegan entree??? Can't offer a veggie burger? Can't make a marinara sauce? I guess it really is a difficult thing and not all chefs are up to the challenge of making a meatless, cheeseless dish. Have they no imagination? Are they too lazy? What?? Well, I can't make a meal out of salad and a side dish of steamed asparagus, so it's back across the street I go to eat at the Golden Harvest buffet at the Nugget.

At any rate, this is the first time we stayed in a room at the Montego Bay and they looked really, really nice. However, the bedsheets and blankets were thin, the chair in the room had sticky stuff on it, and the one and only single serve coffee pouch exploded when it was opened, and was then useless.

On the up side, all three pools are great and you can get to your room from the parking lot easily enough if you pay attention to the directions given at the reception desk. If you don't pay attention, you'll wind up walking all over multiple corridors and long hallways to find your room.

I'd love to give this place a 4 star rating, but I just can't since the food service is SO BAD for vegans. Perhaps next year I'll be able to write a decent review; I'm hoping with time they will catch on to the fact that vegan customers have green money, too. But I think I'll be waiting a long, long time for this place to catch up to the 21st century.

Room Tip: Don't walk a mile and a half to get to your room from the parking lot like we did. Pay attention...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank russianwulfgar
Mounds View, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This motel/casino consists of 2 multi-story buildings. Even with a hotel map, we had some difficulty figuring out which building in back was ours. There was one luggage cart for our entire building. Once we were in our room, it was difficult to find our way to the restaurants in the main casino building. It was a long walk with twists and turns and was not well marked. Our room was large, clean and nicely decorated. The TV had plenty of channels, but it was difficult to figure out how to use the remote. There was no refrigerator or microwave, but there was a coffee maker. and 1 luggage rack. Internet access was good. There was a decent sized work desk, another table and 2 easy chairs. The beds were quite comfortable and had extra long pillows. The bathroom was nicely sized, but the tub faucet was pulled away from the wall and the tub drained slowly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I visit the Montego Bay properties once a month on average. I will often drive to West Wendover after work on a Friday, for a weekend getaway. I always stay at the Montego Bay properties if possible-(there are two others-the "Peppermill", and the "Rainbow") but the Montego is my place of choice. The outdoor pool is great, they have bar service all summer. If you go in the summer ask for a poolside room, they have a patio area and access to the pool from your patio! They also have "mini suites" that have a jacuzzi and a steamer in the shower, makes for a great stay! "Chad" is my casino host, and it takes only one email to let him know when I am coming and what I would like and he takes care of everything, he is wonderful! The Casino is very large, many slots and tables, and there is a poker room at the Montego Bay. The service is good and people are very friendly. If you went a fun weekend hiatus, I recommend giving the Montego a try-OH and the comps add up very quickly compared to alot of casinos I have visited! Also, the food is fantastic! "The Romanza Italian restaurant" is a much for each visit - the food is excellent and the wait staff makes it a real luxury!

Room Tip: The standard rooms at the Montego are very large - most have 2 KING beds in them-the suites are plen...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 351Judy
Ferndale WA
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed in a mini-suite with a large jacuzzi and a steam shower. Room was very clean and everything worked as expected. We ate at the seafood buffet and the regular buffet. Food was good and prices for the buffet a little on the high side. Large selection of slots and table games. No luck on either. There are four other casinos with easy access by shuttle. Free WiI-Fi, friendly staff, excellent housekeeping service. We really enjoyed our visit and would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
#6 of 7 in Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Montego Bay Casino Resort? Share your experiences!