“For the die hard gambling crowd only!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Montego Bay Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Medford, Oregon
“For the die hard gambling crowd only!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Give me a break! The place is terrible. Garish, under maintained and short staffed. Don't get sucked in by the low promotion rates. Our room on the fifth floor had no air conditioning working. No Windows that opened and the smoke/fire alarm went off at intervals all night. Front desk could not address any problems. Terrible stay. Cross the state line and stay in a Utah motel if you must stop in the area.The casinos are all poor quality here both in the casinos and the hotel rooms. The die hard gamblers from the area come for their fix anyway and ignore the problems so the casino management does also. If your traveling through the area move on!

Room Tip: Book one someplace else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Jim F
Jessica L, Guest Relations Manager at Montego Bay Casino Resort, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding Montego Bay Hotel and Casino. I am disappointed to learn that we did not deliver the fun, comfortable and customer service friendly environment that we strive for each and every day.

I certainly understand your frustration with the fire alarms and it is an issue that has been addressed with Management and will continue to be an area of priority. Please know this is not a norm for our Hotels.

It is my hope that you will return to Montego Bay and the Resorts at Wendover and allow us the opportunity to better serve you. I have sent you a direct message through Trip Advisor with my contact information and would very much appreciate any further information you can provide me. Your feedback is valuable and helpful to the continued improvement of our establishment and helps us to improve and provide the best experience we can for each and every guest.

Again, thank you for your time and review. I hope to hear from you in the near future.

jlewis@wendoverfun.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were hesitant about this Allegiant Airline Flight "gambling junket" so, before booking we read some 400 reviews from fellow travelers. Most were good, some not good, in the end, we booked and so very happy that we did ~ gets a 5 star from us (and we don't give them out lightly).
Caveat ~ we were on the Wendover flight program and paid an upgrade fee for a double king room w/h jucuzzi - basic cost for 2 was $109 pp - up-grade was $236 per person - well worth the over-all cost of $468 for round-trip air and luxurious accomodatinon for 2 for 3 nites. Room was beautiful (just like the photographs which disproves one negative review), air-conditioning worked as expected w/h no problems, no problem with the plumbing; over-all, our room was everything one could want.

Gambling is gambling but have to say the cocktail service was exceptional - we never had an empty glass but we also tip $2 per drink (even when ordering a soda) w/o exception so those who complain about service might want to examine their tipping practices? Yes, the drinks are "free" but those who serve them work hard for their pay which is basically their tips..

About Romano's - the fine dining restaurant? It really is and well worth the extra expense for at least one dinner - it is one of the most beautiful restaurants in which we have EVER dined. The food only gets 3 stars but the atmosphere and service are 5 star without question....

Now for the nitty gritty which I expect on these reviews ~ those "other" details" like "is there a grocery nearby?" Fred's is no more (For Rent Sign in Window) but the gas station across the street has a convenience store to buy milk, sundries and soda pop - be forewarned, Coke drinkers, PRM obviously has an exclusive agreement with Pepsi - if you want Coke, you will need to buy it here or somewhere else - you will not find it on PRM properties. Our "top of line room" had a refrigerator - a very nice one but no microwave - hey, it's a casino, they don't want you to hole up in your room....Bottom line, 3 very nice restaurants are right there with great cocktail service and pleasant gambling atmosphere - we will definately be back.

Only regret? Wish I had packed a swimsuit, cover-up and flops ~ THAT POOL would have been worth the extra effort ~ it is every bit as beautiful as the photographs show. Next time...

And now for the tricky issue ~ smoking. Well, I do smoke and so does 20% of the US population and that 20% usually has one or more non-smoking individuals accompanying them so we are talking about 30-35% of the general public and everyone has the choice when booking their hotel room (smoking or non-smoking) but RPM has done what few other entities have done. I dare any one to walk through any one of their casinos and then say "it's smoky" because none of them are.... the ventilation systems are beyond top-notch and it is clear from the ground up. Bottom line, these casinos are quality ~ who would have thought to find such attention to detail out in the "middle of nowhere" ~ don't think it will be nameless once word gets around !!!

8 Thank IdahoResident
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was our 53rd visit to Montego Bay, West Wendover, NV. and we had a super time. The room was clean and spacious along with the double sinks in the bathroom. The staff was very courteous and did a fine job. The action in the casino wasn't bad either. Our Hostess (Rebecca) took care of us as she always does. Give this place a try you'll love it. Daryl

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Whynot47
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Don't get me wrong, we had a great time and the place was nice, food was good except for the buffet it was...well you know buffet. Rooms are very large and comfortable, clean but not spotless. Nice view except the windows were so dirty you almost couldn't see out. Next time we will go back to the Peppermill and shuttle over to the Mobay for to eat once in a while.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the new addition.
2 Thank krfrea
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I usually love staying at the Montego Bay but lately things aren't as customer friendly as they use to be. Front desk service is lacking and the rooms I've had lately are in need of repair. Trying to receive information through contact on website is impossible so I've given up on this. I can't help but think management is going through some changes or difficulty as this is unusual for them. Hoping things get better for the summer months.

Room Tip: Ask for newer rooms that are not at the end of a hallway (these seem to have temperature control iss...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ut4enzcs
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We go once a year and have always been satisfied until this last time. First regarding comps, I was a platinum but they dropped me to gold. When I asked why, they said they changed their system. I can understand that but was really disappointed. Our remote in our room didn't work, lost my jewelry down the sink drain since there was no drain plug. We requested a pool side room and once we got there, the pool was closed. Wish they would have told us that when we booked our reservation. Our room had only one chair on the patio, we called to request another one, they said they didn't have any. We looked across at the pool and saw a bunch of chairs stacked up. We went ourselves and grabbed a chair. Also, our steam bath didn't work either. And to top it all off, a lot of buttons on most of the slot machines did not work. Since this is the first time we have really had a bad time, we decided to give one more chance. Hopefully things will be different.

8 Thank SKT97140
Thank you for taking the time to review Montego Bay. Your feedback is very valuable and helpful to the continued improvement of our establishment.

I would like to apologize for the poor customer service your received while staying and playing with us. Customer service is our number one priority and we continue to provide training to our employees, so we may provide you the best experience there is to offer.

I would like to thank you for giving Montego Bay another chance in the future. I am confident that we can provide you the fun, comfortable and customer service friendly environment that we strive for each and every day.

I have sent you a direct message through Trip Advisor with my contact information and would like to receive any additional information you have regarding your most recent stay. Again, I thank you for your review and time.

Chicago Ridge, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Ok, this place is kind of a dump..The elevator is filthy, we washed our hands every time we got out of it. It had not been cleaned in weeks.. I thought the girl that checked us in was very friendly. I did have a problem with the toilet seat, it was so wore out, it had wood showing all over, but I filled out the maintenance card, brought it to front desk and we had a new toilet seat when we got back.
If this is the best hotel in west wendover, I don't think I will be back here. The fire alarm went off at 3 am, I called the front desk the girl said she didn't know what was going on nobody got back to her. Well that made us feel safe. I know if there was a fire we would be in big trouble. Then the fire alarm went off again at 7:30 am, so much for a good night sleep. We stayed at the Marriott in Provo the night before, so this was quite a step down,

6 Thank WinksChicago
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Montego Bay Hotel and Casino.

We certainly apologize for the fire alarms during your stay and understand your frustration. This is an issue that has been addressed with our Management and we will continue to make a priority. I would also like to apologize for the condition of the elevator. Cleanliness is of highest priority and this has also been addressed with our cleaning staff. I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention so we may have the opportunity to correct the issue going forward.

I have sent you a direct message through Trip Advisor with my contact information and would like to speak with you further, regarding your stay. I hope to hear from you in the near future. Again, I thank you for your time and feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Wendover
#6 of 7 in Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Montego Bay Casino Resort? Share your experiences!