“Border Line Big Rooms”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Montego Bay Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Massapequa, New York
“Border Line Big Rooms”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Room was big and clean comfortable bed nice bathroom. Hallways are in need of a refreshing and you need to find the right elevators since all don't go to all floors and or the casino. Had a free ticket to buffet which was okay but nothing to rave about except dessert area was excellent so save room. Why is it Border line well it is a bit confusing since it is right on the Utah Nevada border... to the point where the parking can be in Utah and the casino is in Nevada. It gets somewhat confusing since that's two time zones and if you use your phone for the time it may or not switch. So be aware ...go to the casino...could be an excuse..."but honey my phone only said 1:00 am"

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RK_LI_NY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Crescent City, California
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We headed out to Utah to accomplish an item on our bucket list: Attend Speed Week at Bonneville Salt Flats! Arrived to find the flats were flooded and races cancelled. We expected our full payment for three nights at Montego Bay Casino would be non-refunded so decided to just stay and relax a few days. We were amazed and delighted with the offer to refund the full amount. We were also offered our room for the regular (much lower) price--prices are jacked up, understandably, for Speed Week--and we were invited to stay all three nights for the price of just that one night. Amazed and dazzled, we stayed. We felt so well-treated that we used the remainder to dine IN the hotel each day and found the food to be very, very good and reasonably priced.

Our room was spacious and comfortable on the 5th floor, which is a non-smoking floor and indeed lived up to that necessity (for us): The hallways and the room were 100% smoke free. We could smell cigarette smoke in the elevators and of course the casino itself is smokey; they all are, aren't they? While we did not use the pool, the pool and Jaccuzzi looked lovely and inviting and next time, for sure, we will.

Room Tip: In booking a room next time, I will ask for one with only a single king bed, and hopefully that way...
4 Thank Jan M
Paradise, California
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The rooms are really nice and big (we had a room with two king beds). The bathroom is nice and big too. Everything is updated. The rooms are a little dark though but if you want to sleep late it is great. We have stayed there before. The hotel is huge so you may have to walk a long distance to get to your room. We always get a non smoking room so that could be why our room is out there, but I will say we do not get the smoke smell from the casino. The room rate can vary but usually is a good deal, we don't stay there if it is too expensive. We usually only stay one night so we don't have interaction with the staff except the Hotel Registration people and they are usually nice. Nice place to stay overall...

5 Thank pagosa123
South Weber, Utah
Reviewed 12 August 2014

What the heck is going on at the Montego Bay Casino? I guess it's a trend that started in Las Vegas and has worked its way up north to West Wendover, Nevada. My wife and I have been going to West Wendover since 2009 and d have always stayed at the Montego Bay, as it was our preference because of the standards they kept, as listed in my first critique in 2011. Over the last three years we have noted a downward trend that seems out of control or maybe management knows this, but really don't give a dam. After futile attempts , filling out complaint cards and speaking to persons at the casino..I gave up and thought I'd pass out feelings on to you. I believe the workers at the casino are aware of this fact but can only work with, what the corporation will give them,to work with. The casino workers I have no problem with, they are all very friendly and do their job as best they can. I have noticed allot of discontented workers and have heard talk among the the workers....its that gut feeling you get also when you know someone is not happy with the way things are being run. The rooms are still o.k, but hey, lets try getting some new furniture in them, every room we've been in looks like the furniture was purchased at a garage sale..at least try some stain on the furniture to cover the scuffing and realign the dresser draws. The rooms we stay in are from the 2nd floor tower elevator 3 thru 6th floors. What up with the in room tissues?? where do they come from?, no markings on the box ? I have you noticed the white tissues turns a grayish color when they come in contact with water, what are these tissues re- cycled from, used tires? The food quality has gone to the dogs or whoever will tolerate it..know why, because someone has decided to buy seconds or possibly thirds when purchasing from the distributors. The Montego a few years back was the top buffet in town and now , well you know.. So on August 11 we ate ate the Peppermill and the food was very good.This is not fiction nor a payback review folks because when we had relatives(3) out in early July we stayed at the Montego and since we have taken them before, they all noted the changes and especially the food quality or the lack there of. The slots are ridiculous, I guess the gaming commission doesn't monitor all the casinos any more or maybe they don't know where Wendover is, but then again the commission, got lost in their own town, a long time ago. It would seem the casino attitude is...you baby-boomers have it..and we're gonna take it from you..what a sad trend..,a trend that is now tearing down Atlantic City , read the news my friends and see what happening there. I don't want much...my wife and I just want to enjoy our room and the buffet, we pay for with our hard earned money ,that we are willing spend at any Nevada casino and yes once in a while hit a jack pot that I seldom see any more (or anyone else), in any Nevada casino Vegas or Wendover. How do I know this you say ?? I talk to allot of people while I'm at the casinos and in casual conversation its always the same old thing..".IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY..... They don't care.." How sad...In conclusion my wife and I have to decided to limit our visits to birthdays and anniversary only..oh well. Sleep tight all...JS

6 Thank JoeS1828
Jessica L, Guest Relations Manager at Montego Bay Casino Resort, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Hello Joe,

On behalf of the Resorts at Wendover I would like to apologize for your negative experience.

In your review you have mentioned a few areas of disappointment and I would like to address those areas. We are currently in the middle of a remodel of our hotel rooms. The remodel has started at the Rainbow and Peppermill and will continue at Montego Bay. In the meantime we are replacing chairs and other furniture at Montego Bay. We want to provide comfortable and beautiful rooms for our guests and hope to have this remodel complete within a year to year and a half.

In regards to your comments about Oceano Buffet, I have contacted our Food and Beverage Director and ask if vendors have changed and this is the information he provided me:

"I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience in the Oceano Buffet. Oceano Buffet has always been the number one buffet in town, feeding thousand of satisfied customers a week. I can assure you our standards of purchasing the best quality ingredients has not changed. We are always striving to come up with new and exciting items for our buffets to keep our customers coming back. WE appreciate your input and hope you will try us again."

Again, our apologies that you did not enjoy your last visit, but we sincerely hope that you will return to the Resorts at Wendover and allow us a chance to better serve you. I have sent you a private message with my contact information and hope to hear back from you.

Jessica Lewis
Customer Relations Manager
Fort Pierce, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed at Montego Bay Hotel for three nights and all was excellent. The room had two king beds, large bath room, table chairs and a desk. Service was great, our room was always cleaned when we came in from the casino. Beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning was nice and cool. In room coffee is a nice convenience but the water from the tap has a lot of chlorine so bring bottled water to make your AM coffee. I even won money at the card tables so what more could I ask for?

Room Tip: I have trouble walking due to a bad back so ask for a room close to the elevator when you book. Som...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Miriam W
Port Austin, Michigan
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We traveled for two weeks staying on the road in hotels, and this place was the most disappointing by far. From the time we got there...no valet parking or luggage carts, the receptionist did not seem to care if we were ther or not, messed up parking, no directions to our room. Also, the meal we had was poor, the hot turkey was processed sandwich meat, there was very little gravy and it was cold, had to send it back to reheat. The only good thing was the price, less than $90, guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
San Andreas, CA
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I discovered this location due to a weather diversion while flying back to Northern California. The hotel offered wonderful last minute rates and their shuttle picked me up at the airport and drove me back the next morning. The only drawback was smoking was allowed in the casino areas.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
#6 of 7 in Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Montego Bay Casino Resort? Share your experiences!